It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to Take Motor Vehicles Away From the American Public!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kman420
Then again its prolly not so much the guns, as much as your hatefull arrogant american attitudes, I mean, who wouldnt want to shoot most of you?

As an American, I have to concur with this....our people are some of the most uneducated, but always have to put their stupid opinion forth, and it seems they believe whoever screams it the loudest is right. case in point, see the guy i reply to below.

The propaganda had achieved miracles here in America. Hitler WISHES he could have done what our government has.
edit on 6-4-2012 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Sir. Does your country not have more Total Crime per your population?

This means you have about 30% crime experienced by your population. While America has 21% of its total population experience crime.

Perhaps you should use your brain for once in your life.

Your country is more dangerous than America regarding all crime. If you live in the UK. I could compare it to other countries , but most people seem to be from the UK that i have seen on here that isnt from the US.
edit on 6-4-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

You are claiming that America is some safe nation because only 21% have been victims, as opposed to 30%?
Did you even look at those statistics? US is #1 in gun deaths, which blows your argument right out of the water....guns didnt make anything safer...they made us #1 ON THE PLANET for killing each other.

I should use my brain?? Look in the mirror bubba.

By the way, I am an American. Sir. And Im sick of uninformed jackwagons that think they know it all ruining my fine country.

You dont even have the common sense to realize that the stistics you linked to point at the US as being the most dangerous civilized country.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

If you're a woman living in rurlal area in Canada, you have more chances of dying in a plane crash than driving your car. We've been furious for years at having the very things privatized that need to be run like a non-profit co-op, since they were founded by the tax payers, they have no right to hand them over to corps, like BC HYDRO, and our Electric. Those should be run at cost and subsidized forever to the people.

However, its really odd when you need competitive prices like ICBC, that that is a gov monopoly. That is the opposite of what is logical or right.

Women should be paying very low premiums.

Now the years leading up to the massive lies and take over of media, when statistics were published in all the newspapers and papers, when any official story was interviewed by opposite experts. That was when the real information came out.

And there is another business people who are out of work should start. Real News, delivered door to door like cetain advertisers I know, that are free but make a profit, alot like some forums I guess.

Another point, one that all economics experts know, no matter what your slant, if you cut people's spending ability or services during a recession, if you don't provide small buisness start ups and mentorship programs, for students, and young people, women, etc, targetting all the popultations that are traditionally poor service/tourism employees. If you don't invest in people, your recession will turn into a DEPRESSION, with massive businesses failing, for there won't be a customer base.

Here is another thing. If you are having a recession/depression (due to anti human policies and monopolies, and the intentions of the few), then you have a world where there is still reources, still food, still land, still good survival for every single person, but an artificial system of slavery designed to watch people die slowly, and shoot them if they take it.

Anyone with any common sense would have stopped that on behalf their children who they loved, years ago, it shouldn't be a few lone voices in the wilderness being ignored, but a massive public voice and action based movement to take back our world for all.
edit on 6-4-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Yeah gun deaths. Its called Gangs.

Yes , the United States is more safe than living in Europe.

I am talking about Total Crime. They dont even have guns and aparantly they have more rape and crime per GDP than the United States. So statistically speaking , its safe to live in the United States.

I dont care if we had the most murders by a teddy bear.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

maybe you should use your brain, the UK has 62,218,761 population, the USA has 311,591,917.

30% of 62,218,761 is 20,73958.7 (20 million, 73 thousand and 958.7)

21% of 311,591,917 is 148,37710.333 (148 million, 37 thousand and 710.333)

that means America has over 6x as much total crime as compared to the UK.
edit on 6-4-2012 by TruthIncarnate because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

While we are at it why dont we stop mom and pop from setting up there own nuclear reactor in their back yard...

Thats a freedom the evil tptb have been keeping from us.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthIncarnate

Maybe you should use your brain buddy. We have the largest population yes. However , only 21% of our population experiences crime .... and 30% of your population experiences crime.

Lets use our head for once.

If some one moves to the UK , the crime is negated in the United States and 30% crime ratio is applied , meaning they are in more danger.

SO in the UK walking on the street you have a 30% chance of a crime happening to you. Walking on the street in the United States , you have a 21% chance of crime happening. IN lame man terms.

That may be to hard for you to understand.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

reply to post by TruthIncarnate

Maybe you should use your brain buddy. We have the largest population yes. However , only 21% of our population experiences crime .... and 30% of your population experiences crime.

Lets use our head for once.

LOL

so which nation has MORE people experiencing crime....oh no this is soooo confusing!!

YOU SEE THIS PEOPLE?? THIS IS WHAT IAM WORKING WITH HERE!

This is the kind of guy Jean Paul Zodeaux thinks should be allowed to drink and drive and not have to obey traffic laws or even get a license.

DOESNT THAT SOUND GREAT EVERYONE??!!! I CANT WAIT BRING ON THE FREEDOM WHOO HOO!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Sir , perhaps you should go back to school and retake reading comprehension and statistics.

See what im working with? Your ignorance is overflowing that you do not understand basic statistic / ratios.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Sir , perhaps you should go back to school and retake reading comprehension and statistics.

See what im working with? Your ignorance is overflowing that you do not understand basic statistic / ratios.

Sure buddy..just a quick question...

Which country has MORE PEOPLE experiencing this crime? In fact, THE MOST PEOPLE experiencing crime? Which country, tell me.

Seroiusly, living in America is like having 250 million little siblings with brain damage.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

I understand perfectly, however because the USA has a much larger population much more people experience crime, sure its still 21% of total populace however that 21% is a way higher raw number than the raw number of people in the UK who experience crime. to quote my other post America has over 6x as much total crime as compared to the UK.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

IN lame man terms.

You can say that again. Please, dont stop now, bring me some more gems like this one.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
HaHa!
And on that note, it is also time to take red meat, carbohydrates, any oil used for frying, and cigarettes away from the American Public!
Don't forget about kites. They pose a lightning death risk.

You know, you gave me an idea. I'm taking my front door off the hinges and trashing it, because front doors cause people to die when they walk out of them.

Ban front doors, those death-dealing contraptions!

Also, the number one cause of death on the entire planet is... birth. If you are never born, you will never die. Ban birth, and everything that causes it!

End death once and for all!

edit on 2012/4/6 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I think cars really should be scraped. Keep heavy duty trucks for business and mass transport enterprise but otherwise ban any private owned cars (ie any car an individual owns), we should go back to bicycles or otherwise public transport systems such as the bus or tube.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
double post

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I am almost positive the next one of these is going to read...

TIME TO TAKE AWAY THE AMERICANS FROM THE AMERICAN PUBLIC...LOL

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
I often find myself thinking about voluntarily giving up my motor vehicles. Whenever I see an ad for car insurance explaining how much they can save me, I always imagine how much I can save with no cars. I already walk, ride a bike, take a bus or train to many places.

It is very nice to have cars to get around, but that is not why I am hanging onto them. If enough people gave up cars, then I imagine the economy would choke much more. Therefore, it's my patriotic duty to tear up the back-roads, highways, and main streets.

I gave mine up around 2005. Never looked back. Well, ok, I just gave up driving it then, Couldn't bear to part with it, and it sat there gathering dust until I sold it off in 2009.

I can now walk about 6 miles an hour, and have legs that belong on a Russian wrestler (he's very cross about that,and keeps rolling around on a mechanic's crawler shouting threats at me if I don't return them, but he hasn't got a gun, so I ain't scared).

There are benefits to banning cars! I expect that now that I don't travel in those deadly contraptions, I'll live forever if I can just break this gun habit! One dark night, my shotgun will without a doubt sneak out of the gun cabinet and shoot me dead of it's own accord if I don't purge it from my house.

It already watches me when it thinks I'm not looking....

I WILL live forever if I just get rid of it, right?

edit on 2012/4/6 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthIncarnate
I think cars really should be scraped. Keep heavy duty trucks for business and mass transport enterprise but otherwise ban any private owned cars (ie any car an individual owns), we should go back to bicycles or otherwise public transport systems such as the bus or tube.

You can fall off of a bike, and trains and buses wreck, killing passengers. They're diabolical contraptions, I tell you!

The only safe thing to do is never go out that front door, and get a live-in government official to insure your safety from yourself inside the house. The way public employment is growing by leaps and bounds, we should have enough of them to supply each and every one of us his very own public servant in just a little longer.

Then we can agitate for the rest of us to be put on the public payroll as well, so that WE are government officials, and can watch our watchers to make sure they don't get hurt, because, let's face it, if they die because no one was watching them, how can they keep us from killing ourselves off?

We'll never be able to live forever until each and every one of us is a government employee. Added bonus: we won't have to go to work at all, since out jobs will be watching the other guy in the house, who is watching us. It's a "work at home" paradise I see before us!

Who the hell even wants a car then?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
The world would be a much safer place if every woman who conceived was forced to have an abortion. No people left to kill people with cars, guns or pollution.

I am very much starting to enjoy you OP. I like your ideas, and you are a very entertaining writer. Well spoken, fun and I like that you put a bit of flair into the posts.

NO, Domo1, NO! BAD KITTY!

Abortions kill things. We are all about not killing things. Ban the things that cause pregnancy instead!

If it never lives, we won't have to kill it!

Ban sex - it's the number one killer on the planet!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Wow ... i just finished my paper i had to write.

I do not understand how hard this is to understand.

America experiences LESS crime per its population percentage than does the UNITED KINGDOM.

If you MOVE to the United Kingdom , you have more of a chance of being a victim of a CRIME than you do in the United States ....

I mean i do not see how this is a hard concept to understand.

SO statically , the UNITED KINGDOM is the more dangerous country than the United States of America.

I could use another country , i am not trying to pick on the United Kingdom , it's a simple comparison of crime statistics.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join