It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to Take Motor Vehicles Away From the American Public!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Nope, strike three, your out.

I know of MANY people that shoot targets, only to shoot targets. Would not hunt to save their lives.

Im one of them, and Im telling you that you are dead wrong. But I guess my opinion would only count if I hated all liberals and wanted to kill me a Muslim, amirite?
edit on 6-4-2012 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

go look up my post history. i shoot 10m target.

And that means what to me???

what are you talking about?? a gun has one purpose - to fire a projectile that damages something via energy. thats what a gun is, thats what a gun does, get a grip. they dont soldiers into war with sporks....look at your avatar picture for jiminys sake, is that guy target shooting?

Soldiers went to battle with swords, knives, horses, ships, shields and so on. I guess outlaw all of those things as well.

As for my Avatar? You never know. That could be a pic of a guy at a range.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

go look up my post history. i shoot 10m target.

And that means what to me???

Whatever, now you are just trolling, another fine example of the internet "run around in circles" method. I guess you went to the JPZ school of debate.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Most automobile accidents can be prevented with common sense, slowing down, regular vehicle maintenanceand not driving while drunk, stoned, on medication (see above!), off medication, or texting.

Yeah yeah... but who does???

Of course there will always be a bunch of people who, like me, do their best to drive safely, looking in front of them all the time and not speeding up too much, but that won't keep all the other idiots and sociopaths from driving like crazy.

I hate to say this, but only tough policies can counter this. Beginning with insurance companies, who make drivers feel like they're not a danger to anyone, while it's the contrary.

One ton of steel running at 80 miles an hour is a DANGEROUS THING, way more than a machine gun, no matter the excuses
edit on 6/4/12 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

Those poor paper targets.
My heart just hurts.......................................

And what about knives then??? They were designed to inflict damage. Outlaw them then, huh??

Figured the Anti's would have been out sooner.

It's been done from time to time throughout history. Butter knives, for instance, are dulled and have no tips because tableware was being used to mutiny naval ships. So, because some idiot decided to mutiny his ship, I have a knife on my table that won't cut a damn thing.

To me, I don't care what anyone decides to outlaw or not. Not why I commented on it. I was simply pointing out an absurd line of thought.

link   

Im one of them, and Im telling you that you are dead wrong.

And then???????

But I guess my opinion would only count if I hated all liberals and wanted to kill me a Muslim, amirite?

WOW, talk about walking right into the Liberal stereotype.

All people like I just want to kill Muslims????
Sure sure then Daddy. Sure sure.

link   
reply to post by macman

Soldiers went to battle with swords, knives, horses, ships, shields and so on

These are collectively called weapons

Definition of a weapon:

A thing designed or used for inflicting bodily harm or physical damage. A means of gaining an advantage or defending oneself in a conflict or contest: "resignation threats are a weapon in his armory".

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Im one of them, and Im telling you that you are dead wrong.

And then???????

But I guess my opinion would only count if I hated all liberals and wanted to kill me a Muslim, amirite?

WOW, talk about walking right into the Liberal stereotype.

All people like I just want to kill Muslims????
Sure sure then Daddy. Sure sure.

LOL whatever troll...have fun target shooting with the guy in your avatar. You make me ashamed to be an American and share a country with you.

edit on Fri Apr 6 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix tags

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by SaturnFX
You know.
I went to this lil island once off the coast of england. St. Thomas was it? Anyhow, there are no cars there..not sure if its banned, or just simply not there out of custom, but ultimately people got around on horse or bike only.

It was actually absolutely fantastic..of course, that only worked on a tiny island...still, you could stumble around drunk and not worry about being run over or get into a car and run someone else over. Of course you could try to ride a bike, and learn the joys of skinned kneecaps and arms..but otherwise...what a wonderful little bubble.

Yes, I know the point of this thread. the lets remove guns thing was a silly thread, this is a silly thread..but, if its possible to create little bubble environments with no cars, no guns, etc...well, you find such places exceptionally peaceful.

Mackinaw Island on the Straits in Michigan is the same way. No cars. Horsedrawn buggies and bikes. We could return to a time of no motor vehicles. We have only had them for a tiny fraction of our existence anyway.

Well, its impractical the way our current communities are structured to not have a car...especially surburbian areas.
I don't mind cars, but they should be like for use of going from town to town, not to drive around town. Anyhow, only such dynamics can be done in little bubble areas, communties that were structured specifically for minimal distances between town center and home, lots of bikes and such (even borrow a bike outlets), etc.

I am totally uber pro supertech...I see the automobile as 100 year old tech that needs to be replaced with something cleaner and nicer overall. hell, I had hope the segway would be a bit more practical..but its not. oh well..but ya, give me the utopian crystal cities with large sidewalks, no cars, advanced bikes, etc...over what we have today anyday.
(just don't take my lightning internet!)

link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

So a horse is a weapon?
A shield is a Weapon???

OK then, I guess outlaw them, create new Govt Agencies to govern them as well.

link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Sure

www.nationmaster.com...

The United States has the worlds 3rd largest population and an 89.1% police efficieny at solving all crimes while the United Kingdom only has about a 70% solve rate of their crimes.

Guns keep people in check and the government if need be.
edit on 6-4-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by macman

Soldiers went to battle with swords, knives, horses, ships, shields and so on

These are collectively called weapons

Definition of a weapon:

A thing designed or used for inflicting bodily harm or physical damage. A means of gaining an advantage or defending oneself in a conflict or contest: "resignation threats are a weapon in his armory".

Padding and wearing an helmet is carrying a weapon???

My a$$...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

LOL whatever troll...have fun target shooting with the guy in your avatar. You make me ashamed to be an American and share a country with you.

Ok then.
I'm the troll???
Not the one laying blanket statements of killing certain people.

If you are ashamed, but follow the way of the Samurai???

But don't forget, because you want stricter laws, and think you get to make decisions for others, I should just bow down and accept your edict from on high.

If you hurry, I bet you can get a job with the current Admin.

link   
reply to post by Echtelion

I just quoted him, a shield is obviously not a weapon. It is designed to defend against a weapon. Is this the best you can do lol

link   
Only thing I have to say to this thread:

‎"If the federal government is allowed to hold a monopoly on determining the extent of its own powers, we have no right to be surprised when it keeps discovering new ones..." - Thomas Jefferson

Could not be any truer in this day and age.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

Sure

www.nationmaster.com...

And that, boys and girls, is a prime example of either not being able to read, not caring, or disingenuously using statistics to lie.

That is the highest percentage of "Crime victims" which may have been violent, but also may have been property damage or even bicycle theft. So in theory, #4 Netherlands could have had had 100 million bicycles stolen, but not one violent crime. That is a far cry from being "the 3 most dangerous places to live in the world".

Nice try to spread propaganda though. I wish people would get banned for blatantly lying like this, it might help with the quality of discussion around here.

again /off topic.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
www.nationmaster.com...

LOL you guys are number 4 for firearm murders per capita, just under Colombia and South Africa LMFAO. Doesnt that tell you anything?

And your number 1 in the world for crimes per capita, also number 1 for car thefts and prisoners per capita. And your number 3 for muders commited by children, just above Colombia and Brazil...

And then the obvious that was already stated, how many car deaths were pre-meditated... Sorry but your post was one of the stupidest and most brainless things i have ever read. Your country is only marginally safer than the streets of drug cartel run Colombia...

Then again its prolly not so much the guns, as much as your hatefull arrogant american attitudes, I mean, who wouldnt want to shoot most of you?

Besides, real men settle argunments with there fists, guns are for pussies.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by Echtelion

I just quoted him, a shield is obviously not a weapon. It is designed to defend against a weapon. Is this the best you can do lol

ok but that definition if preposterous.

If I wear padding to protect myself against police batons, or when playing hockey, that's still just personal protection. Nothing to do with a weapon.

WHy not then call a book a weapon... or a vegetable... or air!!!
What else?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

Sure

www.nationmaster.com...

The United States has the worlds 3rd largest population and an 89.1% police efficieny at solving all crimes while the United Kingdom only has about a 70% solve rate of their crimes.

Guns keep people in check and the government if need be.

Do you have any other evidence?

This page says that the US is:

1st in rank of murders by firearms
3rd in rank of murders by youths
1st in prisoners per capita
1st in total crimes

Wow, that is some excellent evidence you have provided to further your case...i wish i was a lawyer agaisnt you in court.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Sir. Does your country not have more Total Crime per your population?

This means you have about 30% crime experienced by your population. While America has 21% of its total population experience crime.

Perhaps you should use your brain for once in your life.

Your country is more dangerous than America regarding all crime. If you live in the UK. I could compare it to other countries , but most people seem to be from the UK that i have seen on here that isnt from the US.

I dont care if you run up to some one and stole his pencil. Its a Crime.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join