It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water, when TSHTF

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
I saw these Life Saver Water Bottles on the Colbert show after Katrina, and they were shown to be useful with any type of water, including raw sewage. They may be more for surviving verses thriving, but I bought a few for myself and family.

Peace,
spec

My Grandmother, now 95, was a biology professor in a university and has traveled all over the world, even Antarctica. She has carried around a little cup with her for probably 50 years that has some activated charcoal and some iodine and something else in it which she has used to clean water all over the world. She swears by it and considering her idea of a good time is to travel to some disgusting armpit of the world and dig around for thing s to study I guess she knows what she is talking about. Some prof she worked with made the thing but it never took off. Guess someone figured out how to make it pretty and market it now.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bakatono

But does it work in the worst case scenario situations(Katrina), with dead bodies, oil and gasoline, toxic chemicals and raw sewage? Granted this is an extreme situation, but that is what I was referring too. I have a lot of confidence in my camping water filtration system, but I fear there may be situations that are exponentially worse. Did you get to check that TED vid?

Peace
spec

ETA: I am curious what she may know or say about the Lifesaver and how it works too.

95? Awesome! To have a Biology Prof in the family would be wonderful and I bet you all have a deep appreciation for nature and her complexities.
edit on 5-4-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join