It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Passion of the Christ (Full Movie)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Tomorrow is Good Friday so I thought I would post this for anyone who might wish to see it.

I read not too long ago that the actor who portrayed Christ told his father (when he was young) that God wanted him to be an actor. He father dismissed the idea by saying God only tells people when he wants them to be priests.

Just a warning, if you didn't know. It is a very violent death.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Blessed be the Name of the crucified resurrected and Living Savior for ever and ever.

Amen.

S&F

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
When I saw Passion for the first time about a year ago as a Christian, I was very suspicious of the film after watching it. Why? Well simply because there's so many parts in the movie that weren't in the Gospels. It had very strange scenes in the movie, almost satanic in a way. It reeked so much of this, that I had to see if anyone bothered to do an overview of the film from a Biblical perspective. And I found this:

Poison in the Passion of the Christ part 1 of 11
www.youtube.com...

It was well worth the couple days listening to this video series. I suggest you do the same, because it gives a sense on how disturbing things are in modern films today.
edit on 5-4-2012 by netgamer7k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this. I actually got to meet Jim Caviezel (the actor who portrays Jesus) when he came to my church once. He is Catholic and I attend a Non-Demominational church but at the time he was going around speaking to various pastors about his experiences on set. Very easy-going, interesting guy.

There's also a lot of cool trivia behind this movie. Did you know that Caviezel was struck by lightning twice during filming of the crucifixion? TWICE.

What are the odds?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
My favorite part of the film:

The way the movie cuts back and forth between the violent scenes and the flashbacks like this one really add poignancy to their meaning. You see amazing grace in his eyes here, like staring into divine fire.
edit on 4/5/2012 by DarkKnight21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by netgamer7k

I just watched that whole video - so interesting!!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by natters

You made my day.

Happy Easter!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I went to see it when it first came out in the movies i liked the show but i found it to be a bit of over kill with the violent scenes it made me cringe and cry..But over all a good movie..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Thank you, OP. I am a big fan of this movie and have seen it multiple times. I feel it really does bring out the "passion of the passion," if you know what I mean.

When this movie came out there was controversy because it was supposedly anti-Semitic. I see absolutely no reason to think this. I had more than one friend who wouldn't watch it becuse the media kept pumping this opinion. Meanwhile same media pundits seemed to have no problem singing the praises of the blasphemous "Last Temptation of Christ" which portrays Christ in all sorts of warped situations. If you want my honest feelings, this makes me very angry.

The movie is great and Mel Gibson deserves every penny he made off it, despite the howlings of the hostile press.

Happy Easter to all my Christian brothers and sisters on ATS.

edit on 4/6/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I have to say I loved this movie.... and not for the gore.

Was a fantastic movie.

Dark, symbolic and just a good film.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
anti-semitic? watch the video posted in response......that guy claims it's downright satanic!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I'm going to get married today!

I wonder if it's a good omen that I'm marrying on Good Friday?

Of course it is,

Praise the LORD

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I saw this at the cinema too...Many old ladies walked out sobbing.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
I'm going to get married today!

I wonder if it's a good omen that I'm marrying on Good Friday?

Of course it is,

Praise the LORD

Wow!! Congratulations and Best Wishes for a love filled marriage.
Thanks for letting us know!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
I saw this at the cinema too...Many old ladies walked out sobbing.

When I saw this in the theater I didn't bring enough facial tissue and ended up using my coat as a giant snot rag.
Once I started crying, I didn't stop and my 12 year old son sat there and ate a giant bucket of buttered popcorn the whole time.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'm not religious, but I don't see any anti-semitism in the movie and I think the people claiming so are full of crap.

top topics

join