It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take no lead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
What would the world be like if it never had leaders?

Would people be civil?

Would the world go round?

Would it be better than it is now if the world was leaderless? I think maybe.

What do we need leaders for anyway? They seem to be good for nothing.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
its not the leaders, its the people who choose them or allow them to become the leaders.

if we were led by some nice grandfather from down the street as a nation, just imagine for a moment...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I think biology is at play here. There are always pack leaders with higher socialized creatures, other than the more solitary ones. Some leaders are more representatives and do not dictate, but rather organize and well...represent.
Now some of the 'leaders' you may be referring to, yes we could do better without. But leadership in general is inherent, imo.

spec

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I believe the world would be a very chaotic place. What type of leaders are you talking about? All types?

Government?
Religious?
Scientific?
Philosophical?
etc...

Society would never have developed to the point it's at now with out someone organizing the crowd.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
A herd of animals has a leader. Pack of dogs have a leader. It's inherent as a species to have a leader.

Some are good. Some are bad. Some should have never been born. So is the story of leaders.

Des

edit on 5-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
What you are talking about is anarchy. Life would then be like Native American life before the colonists came. Humans tend to be pack animals so i guess there will always be some sort of "leadership" amongst groups.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Having leaders is not a problem in itself. Having leaders that are corrupt and consumed by self-interest are the real reasons why the world is in its current state. I believe having decent leaders is in the best interest of people living in a society. Genuine leaders provide order and discipline for the overall population, and act in a way that ensures development and prosperity for their people.
edit on 6/4/2012 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
With leadership comes power. Power corrupts because few people consciously monitor and control their synapses.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 6/4/2012 by teapot because: add link

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

It's true that with leadership comes power and power corrupts. However, if there are limitations and safeguards in place for a leader so that they cannot transcend the law themselves, people can still benefit greatly from the right leadership.

Also note that without a leader, every person's level of power increases and this means more people corrupted overall. It is better that the potential for corruption is reduced for the overall population. There has to be some level of power maintained for the good of the people.

top topics

join