It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

time seems to be going by faster than ever, is this a normal human awareness!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
now more than at any time in my life the hours, days,weeks, months,and years seem to me to be going by quicker than ever, is something speeding time up?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by vister74

Yes. Each hour you live is a lesser percentage of your overall life. Therefore time will continue to seem to pass quicker to you as you continue to live.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It's part of getting old.

There's plenty of articles on the concept online. I'd google it for you but I'm getting lazier as I age as well.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It's called aging...

OK, just funnin.

But a lot of 2012 people think that time is changing. Some days time is faster, some days time is slower.
Time itself is an ambiguous thing...

It does seem to me also like time is shifting. Some days absolutely fly by, while other days - once in a great while - seem to crawl along and last blissfully forever.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
do you think that my mind and body know how many years i have left to live, so i subconsiously know when my clock runs out thus time seems to me to be speeding up? does that make sense?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
didnt we humans invent the time concept?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I think aging invented it.

My two cent.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It's going faster because of tax time.
It will slow down only when you want it to go faster! (which happens less as you get older)
edit on 5-4-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Lets hope time speeds up even more. Why?

Because I dont want to have a lot of time to remain on this planet.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I do personally think that time speeds up and slows down on different days or weeks or months or whatever. Evidence of that? How often to people agree upon the fact that "this week went by so fast!" or "this day is just dragging on". Even if two people are doing completely different things, they still often agree on this strange phenomenon. Maybe its speeding up, maybe not, but its fascinating nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Almost everyone I know older than me (especially my parents) say "Enjoy your youth. You'll be fifty in what feels like a literal blink of an eye."

I hear it all the time and I'm noticing it now too. My childhood seemed to have lasted forever. Summer vacation used to feel like an eternity. Now years just go by so quick I can barely hang on.

I remember reading somewhere once (where was it? hmm) that being in a routine makes your brain perceive time faster. It said that your brain sort of forgets the things you do habitually everyday and lumps it into one basic memory. The reason being, it's unneeded to keep every individual time you've brushed your teeth on record. Makes sense to me.

As an example think of a time you were brushing your teeth and something unusual happened, like you slipped. You're gonna remember it clearly. Now try and remember every individual time you brushed your teeth for the past two weeks. You're probably not gonna have an easy time remembering all of them. That's just an example but you get the idea.

We're all trapped in this grand routine of wakeup, eat, commute, work, eat, TV/Computer, sleep and repeat. I think if we all strived for a little more spontaneity and randomness we might be able to hang on to our a lives a little more thoroughly and slowly.

edit on 5-4-2012 by jar11 because: grammar

edit on 5-4-2012 by jar11 because: added some tidbits.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
People always say this...and I have experienced occasionally it however it is perceptual, just as the ”Time Flies When Your Having Fun!” or "Will this day ever end?"

Our minds constantly keep track of time or lack of it, some people are better at it than others, which could explain why some people are always on time while others are late or never know what time it is. Also the older you get the less accurate this internal clock is.

Personally I have always had a fairly keen sense of time and can usually guess the time without looking at a clock for 24hours within about 5 minutes. so unless I am totally enraptured with something or self medicated, to me time seems to move at a constant rate at least within my internal chronographer. Which makes for long days sometimes LOL

But if you are stating this as in more than a personal experience I would love to see some proof, because unless you are moving at relativistic speeds you are not truly experiencing a time dilation and time has not speed up.
edit on 5-4-2012 by abeverage because: Spelling of course

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
AS already pointed out, it's called aging. THe older you get, the smaller a percentage of your life each day is. That's why when you were a kid summer vacation seemed like forever. Three whole months was FIVE PERCENT OF YOUR LIFE when you were five years old. And even then, you always seemed to get to the end too soon.

I'm 45 and it seems like high school was just a few years ago. Five percent of my life would be over two years. Enjoy it while you can. But of course, youth is wasted on the young. I never used to understand that the first ten thousand times I heard it. But now, I get it. Boy, do I get it. You will too, one of these days.
edit on 5-4-2012 by CaptChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Time wavelengths growing shorter

toward timewave(length) ZERO

new topics

top topics

join