It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Jackson Calls On Blacks To Wear Hoodies To Polling Places

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Given that it is election year, I'm starting to wonder if part of this has to do with getting the big O back in office. Food for thought, something like this might guilt sympathetic white people, while inspiring black people to get out and vote to reaffirm their loyalties to race.

Thoughts?

Sounds like they have a plan.

But what if it stirs up anti-Obama voters x10 fold ?

Maybe that's the plan.

Hmmm.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I wonder how blacks would feel if whites showed up to the polls wearing clan uniforms?

Food for thought anyways.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

This is do dumb. Everybody wears hoodies. All parts of Society, Rich poor, "middle class" ...white black asian latino Euro Everybody does......So to try and make it look like people wearing hoodies are some how bad is just going to make things worse.

How does he not see this. Why would he draw attention to something that can only make things worse ?

He unintelligent is he ?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I wouldn't shoot someone intimidating me at a polling place..

But I'd sure beat them senseless. I don't understand why these race antagonist insist on acting like this. Jackson I understand, he's probably made a few million in "donations" since he went down to Florida. But why people actually listen to him is beyond me!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

I agree the hoodie thing is ridiculous, but every race wears them, not everyone wears klan robes...so your post makes no sense. And quit lumping all black people into one category. That's really annoying.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by getreadyalready

I wouldn't shoot someone intimidating me at a polling place..

But I'd sure beat them senseless. I don't understand why these race antagonist insist on acting like this. Jackson I understand, he's probably made a few million in "donations" since he went down to Florida. But why people actually listen to him is beyond me!

Brother I will stand shoulder to shoulder next to you at the poling place.

Regarding why people still follow Jesse Jackson and his ilk. It's because Jesse is the modern day slave master. As a culture his followers have been physically freed, however mentally and emotionally they are still in shackles. And are being exploited not for their work of yesteryear but for their vote at present.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rexrugerblack

Jesse Jackson lumped them all into one category. I didn't.

Just saying.

Black panthers sit around intimidating white voters, how would that be any different?

PS not suggesting anyone actually does that, but as a black person, how would that make you feel?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ga-`tv-gi

You know what I mean sport. We can tit for tat all day bub, but at the end of the day, what I state is fact.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

What if Someone of recognition said the same thing to white people to wear a white hood on your head to the polls and to not sterotype me as a KKK? I think it has the same significance and its unfortunate people listen to Jessie Jackson.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Most black people are not down with any panthers and Jesse Jackass nor any other man is my ''leader''. I think and act for myself. I get your point though.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rexrugerblack

Thats cool by me. I live in an area where there are every culture and there are no boundaries like some cities have black and white etc only neighborhoods and while they do exist. Most middle class neighborhoods are multicultural. Race is usually not an issue around here.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Alchemst7

As I stated earlier, ALL races wear hoodies. Ever been on a typical college campus during cool weather? ALL people don't wear kkk gear. I get what you're trying to say, but your comparison makes no sense.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

"If a white kills a black we revolt, if a black kills a white it's jail time, we kill each other it's Miller time."

I read that three times and I still don't have the faintest clue what he's trying to say.

Can somebody put this in simple English for me?
edit on 4/5/2012 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Honestly its kind of silly anyone really thinks a hood is incriminating. Who cares what other people wear?

You have to believe in a stereotype of all black people being criminals in order for anyone to be perpetuating it. If not, then what is he trying to perpetuate other than your own skewed perception?

Hoods actually have a purpose, to keep people warm and dry.

But anyway, who cares what some old crazy christian guy aka Jesse Jackson believes anyway.

edit on 5-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Breitbart

He says it ALL in a video that is actually a recording from a radio show.

Difficult to understand, but he makes the point just the same.

here is the jist of it:

Speaking to The Tom Joyner Morning Show on Wednesday, Jesse Jackson said:

"If a white kills a black we revolt, if a black kills a white it's jail time, we kill each other it's Miller time. It's as if somebody has the right to kill us."

Jackson then added "This right wing, we got to win the election, so wear your hoodie, put a voter registration card under your hoodie if you have a hoodie without a voter card you've been Hoodiewinked."

Nothing like spraying gasoline on a bonfire !!!

Jesse Jackson is going to get a whole lot of people shot if they do it, especially with these extra paranoid people out here in this paranoid…scary as world.

Its funny, how people like Jesse Jackson, and the NAACP, and the black panthers only come out 1 time every 50 years, and think they have the right to say something. As if it counts!

I come from the amazon rain forest, I’m just telling it like it is…just keeping it real!

edit on 5-4-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
/massive epic double face palm

WHYYYY???????????

they keep seperating THEMSELVES furtherrrr...we don't hate black people! only a minority does. so WTF
and there's a minority within every race that hates every other race... no more victim card jesse jackson. thats enough

Uhmm no, the Reverend(?) Jackson keeps seperating them further because as long as he can keep fueling the fires of racism he can continue to make millions every year off of it. Anyone who thinks racism doesn't pay needs to look at Jackson, Sharpton, Farrakhan, and Wright. The funny thing is that they are all supposed to be Reverends yet all that they speak is hate and division.

What a bunch of hypocritical money grubbing jackasses. The really sad thing here is that their are so many that listen to them and believe them when they say they are doing it in the interest of the black community. More like in the interest of their bank accounts.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by boncho
Given that it is election year, I'm starting to wonder if part of this has to do with getting the big O back in office. Food for thought, something like this might guilt sympathetic white people, while inspiring black people to get out and vote to reaffirm their loyalties to race.

Thoughts?

Sounds like they have a plan.

But what if it stirs up anti-Obama voters x10 fold ?

Maybe that's the plan.

Hmmm.

My suspicion is that Obama came into office with a purposely built-in design flaw - the circumstances of his B.C.

Probably praised by his selectors that he is a genius fit for the role of Prez and that the B.C./eligibility issue was a non-issue that can be overturned and compensated for by his other outstanding qualifications.

How could such an in-built flaw be exploited?

Well critics of his critics say: "You are only nit-picking about his legal eligibility because he is black!"

So if race war and race riots are one of the aces up the sleeves of TPTB to recreate their order out of chaos, then it pays to pre-prime a non-eligibility revelation with overblown hype such as the Zimmerman affair.

(In other words, Obama was perhaps a fall-guy from the beginning.)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
If its below *80, or raining, ill wear my hoodie... If its not jesse can kiss my blackass
edit on 6-4-2012 by dayve because: degree typoh

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I'm wearing a pink hoodie right now. I have a brown Hard Rock hoodie and a black ghost hunters hoodie as well as another pink one and a gray one. I have lots of hoodies. Peolpe of all groups wear hoodies. They mean NOTHING.

That being said .. IMHO Jackson WANTS race riots and/or a race war.
If people get along then he'll be out of a his shuckster business and he'll go broke.
Either that or he's just an idiot. Take your pick. (maybe both)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

You have to believe in a stereotype of all black people being criminals in order for anyone to be perpetuating it. If not, then what is he trying to perpetuate other than your own skewed perception?

Hoods actually have a purpose, to keep people warm and dry.

I agree. And I often wear a Hoodie, and I think most people that work outside, or play outside do wear hoodies an awful lot.

But, there is a stereotype of all young black men as criminals, and in a primarily white, affluent, middle aged to senior citizen area, a young black man in a hoodie would cause fear, and with fear you get irrational reactions such as Zimmerman.

So, while there isn't a damn thing wrong with a hoodie, and while the stereotype is unfortunate, there is a real risk to kids that would follow Jackson's advice and try to make some political statement and put themselves at risk in doing so. This is extremely poor and dangerous advice that Jackson is giving.

As I said earlier, in a neighborhood that sees it commonly, the message is lost, and in a neighborhood that never sees it, this could put someone in harms way. Just very, very bad advice either way!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join