It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Wisdom the wife of God the Gnostics speak about? The Sophia?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

Im sure there is a torrent somewhere. If i find it ill pm it to you.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Why incorrect according to scripture? Is not God all powerful? Are you saying He doesn't have the ability to become seperate and distinct entities yet stay one. Time and space are of no consequence or matter for Him. Correct?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by vaelamin
reply to post by Akragon

If we go by the logic which i think you are using it would mean the person who wrote proverbs was around before the creation of earth? Or are you saying God was the one who wrote the book of proverbs? Dont mean to ask you many questions but just like your cheshire avatar your confusing.

no problem... it seems not everyone understands me.... Im good with that!

Perhaps its the canadian accent

Technically whoever wrote proverbs was around "before the creation of the earth"... but so were you... and i... and every person on this forum... but that was not my point...

I simply asked if you believe "God" wrote the bible? It seems that would be the only way God could refer to himself in said book...

You said God refers to himself in the third person as well... but God didn't write the bible... i was wondering if you thought he did or not..

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by vaelamin

That'd be ggggrrrrrrrrreat!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wearewatchingyouman
reply to post by Akragon

Why incorrect according to scripture? Is not God all powerful? Are you saying He doesn't have the ability to become seperate and distinct entities yet stay one. Time and space are of no consequence or matter for Him. Correct?

Would an all powerful being make mistakes in his book?

It really depends on what you consider to be truth within scripture....

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Ain't that the truth!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Wow that sounds really amazing. Ive heard lots of stories about people interacting with celestial beings. From recent times to ancient times. Theres a couple articles i found that say king Solomon was married to her.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Wow so your saying we were here in the beginning before there was even a earth? You have me intrigued could you go a little more indepth? It would probably answer my questions to proverbs if this is indeed the case.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Interesting theory about Solomon being married to Wisdom. His father was one of the few humans that God refers to as His son in the bible.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Consider the fact that we as humans are mearly a blink in the history of Time...

IF what the bible says is true... in that the spirit is eternal... everyone was here before the creation of the earth...

This is just the most recent "incarnation" in the eternal dance of life and death...

Personally i don't understand how people can believe we only live once... it makes no sense what so ever...

That idea was implanted by the church to give them authority over the populous... IF you only live once... and when you die its either "heaven or Hell"... and we (the church) know the creator... you best listen to us and only us... or you'll burn in hell "eternally"...

What a joke...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Interestingly enough, according to Jewish tradition, every Jewish soul that would ever be born was present at, and agreed to be bound to, the covenant. Reincarnation is a way many explain it.
edit on 5-4-2012 by wearewatchingyouman because: yeah

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Interesting. So if we went off of this logic that would mean the women who wrote proverbs had access to her past memorys of when she was a spirit. Now would that mean God allowed her access these memories or is it something every human use to be able to do? But i would guess the elites of the world found a way to keep us from achieving such things anymore? Wow you have opened up my mind to new possibility's.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I've heard we actually write our own destiny before we incarnate... down to the last detail...

Who knows... only a few people are blessed with the knowledge of their past lives. I wish i was one of them but sadly i am not... but i know i've lived before... without a doubt...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by vaelamin
reply to post by Akragon

Interesting. So if we went off of this logic that would mean the women who wrote proverbs had access to her past memorys of when she was a spirit. Now would that mean God allowed her access these memories or is it something every human use to be able to do? But i would guess the elites of the world found a way to keep us from achieving such things anymore? Wow you have opened up my mind to new possibility's.

Meditation can give you access to such things if you wish it...

I would imagine this would take many years of practice though... unfortunatly i am not an "adept" at the practice though i do try to meditate when i can... I did spend a few years practicing it regularly... it did open my eyes so to speak... it allows a deeper understanding of the world and the spirit within... It was also taught within the bible though its hard to find... Jesus taught meditation...
All the masters do...

take a look at this...

reluctant-messenger.com...

I would humbly suggest you read the entire story of Chester and the Master if you find the time... its very long, but it will.... help in understanding a lot of things...

Probably my favorite website honestly

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I tend to agree. I've always wanted to give "past-lives therapy" a try. I think it would be interesting

Sorry to get off topic OP.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Have you read The Thunder Perfect Mind?

I say yes...Wisdom is the female side of the eternal Spirit of GOD...the male side, then, to my perception, is POWER but not domineering, rather in the sense of force...LIFE force...

Thunder - she
Lightning - he
Rain (water) - their union

"Behold he cometh with clouds."

Just as there is yin and yang, positive and negative, active and passive, so too, according to a binary integrated energy sort of creative principle...it makes for balance.

Man has misunderstood, probably for a specific purpose like learning through experience, to perceive that binary energy as a duality...but it is about teamwork, not competition.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
There's most likely an equivalent in Hinduism/Buddhism to Sophia. Sophia could be one of the Mahavidyas (Great Wisdoms), in which there are 10 aspects of feminine divinity. She may be just one of those 10, most likely Tara ("The Goddess as Guide and Protector, or Who Saves. Who offers the ultimate knowledge which gives salvation") or Sarasvati, goddess of knowledge, wife of Brahma (the creator, "the Father"?).

There are so many parallels between Christian Gnosticism and eastern traditions like Hinduism and Buddhism. Krishna came to restore dharma when it became unbalanced, kind of like Jesus' story of coming to bring the logos for salvation, and the bringing of the logos to mankind is like that of Buddha who is a teacher of dharma or the logos. The dharma is seen as certain laws, or a way of life, where one who follows that path can achieve nirvana by breaking free from the cycle of samsara/moksha, which is the cycle of rebirth ("death" mentioned throughout Gnostic text, like the first lines in the Gospel of Thomas, is how the Gnostics viewed life on this planet - even plenty of people today call Earth "hell"). Jesus also taught his followers on how to break free from the cycle in Gnosticism via the "logos" (Greek for "word") which brings "gnosis" (knowledge, or dharma, because they believed having gnosis was liberation from this world much like dharma is liberation of samsara/moksha). This is why the gnostic tradition and many of Jesus' sayings are so similar to eastern traditions, especially the more Tantric ones (which are more esoteric, like Gnosticism).

If you look at the Hindu trinity of Brahma (creator), Vishnu (preserver), and Shiva (transformer), you could say that Jesus' character and roll on Earth parallels Vishnu the most (Buddha too parallels this), and Krishna (mentioned above) is an avatar of Vishnu. All figures, or emanations, or aeons as they're called in the Gnostic text, that are mentioned throughout the world, almost always have a feminine aspect with them, aka shakti, or goddess, or divine mother. The Christ's was Sophia.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

I say yes...Wisdom is the female side of the eternal Spirit of GOD...the male side, then, to my perception, is POWER but not domineering, rather in the sense of force...LIFE force...

Thunder - she
Lightning - he
Rain (water) - their union

"Behold he cometh with clouds."

Just as there is yin and yang, positive and negative, active and passive, so too, according to a binary integrated energy sort of creative principle...it makes for balance.

Man has misunderstood, probably for a specific purpose like learning through experience, to perceive that binary energy as a duality...but it is about teamwork, not competition.

THISTHISTHIS

I have logged in for the first time in months to respond to this...

WISDOM=SOPHIA
The secret is the Goddess.
Who says the Male God is supreme?
Why is there Female if the feminine essence has no origin?
This mindset "Yahweh or NOWAY" is what is knocking our world out of balance..
Power is causing us to topple over.
Too much wisdom leads to implosion.
So one must have to have power over their mind, and wisdom concerning impulses ((:

Yaaah dig?

Have an open mindset and you will learn to question what has been chosen for you to learn.
To question leads you to truth.
The truth will set you free.
Freedom is a state of mind.. If you believe you are a slave...
Today, power=Money
Weareslavestomoney.

It is what power has become that has made it evil.
It is what wisdom became ages ago, which made it evil.
The two need each other to be pure.

Just my two cents..
penny for my thoughts..
Where'd the other penny go?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

I've heard we actually write our own destiny before we incarnate... down to the last detail...

Who knows... only a few people are blessed with the knowledge of their past lives. I wish i was one of them but sadly i am not... but i know i've lived before... without a doubt...

well..i know i can vidily remember the trip to my parents beach house before I was born.. I discribe it to my sister and you could hear a pin drop for a mile .. after she "how could that be.. you weren't born yet!"

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by PrincessofSwords

Why do you think Sophia would be more supreme then God?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join