It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Coup or not to Coup

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by akalepos
I could sign off on a military coup, IF and ONLY IF the ultimate goal was to restore American Sovereignty and a return to Constitutional Government accomplished as quickly as possible.

I see no other reason for it.

I can actually see this coming, in light of some things I have been reading of late. The Military personnel are all sworn to uphold, and defend the Constitution against all enemies, both foreign and domestic. If this does come about, the people cannot freak out, calm must prevail. It will take some time for a Constitutional government to be elected and sworn in.

I really hope that DO adhere to the same oath I took.

We gotta watch out for the smack butt useless generals though. They need to be taken out from the first moments. They are cowards and will derail everything.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
For anyone who has ever read the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence and truly understood what those words mean.

will never pick up arms agianst their fellow American anyone who thinks and wants to is no better than the current Government.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I can understand where your coming from about talks of Coups, or about how its ALL Obama's fault but hear me out, I don't care that Obama is - black/liberal/ect..... It's just SOOOO many people put faith in him, yeah he won the election, on a promise of change that never occured. I don't have a dog in the political ring, I'm a political agnostic,I question if current politics can work again, left or right we're still running in circles, the Federal Reserve is nuts with QE1-1000, wars and young men dying for so A-holes dollar, and I think the people are mad as hell.

If Bush jr had another term or if McCain was elected or If we voted for a Golden Lab into office, this post STILL would be made because everybody is tired of our jobs being sold in the name of "Globalism" and our children being sent to Afa-Kaza-Irani-Iraqi-syriana-stan.

A coup is a danger to all, all groups will begin to fight for land, some for greed,and some for a little stability and I for one don't want to see that.
edit on 5-4-2012 by merkej23 because: spelling

edit on 5-4-2012 by merkej23 because: another thought

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by akalepos

IF we could restore America to its former glory of Freedom and Liberty then yes I agree a coup may be a good idea, but when in history has that happened? usually when one group fights to "Restore" order they implement martial law to regain order and never give it back.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Glass

Well I wouldn't say that, The Romans were the best equipted force of the Old World- Copper and Brass and fine steel were in their armor sharpend double bladed light swords, large shields, and seige engines best in the world. Were beaten by a group of ill-trained informal barbarians, many who ran naked into the battlefield with only a weapon in hand.

In Warsaw 1941-1945 jewish fighters with limited weapons held the Nazi war machine at bay.

Che, Kong Ming,and Sun Tzu ALL state that a larger army CAN EASILY defeat a smaller one so resistence is never futile.

(and I'm no trekkie but didn't the CREWS resist AND won?)
edit on 5-4-2012 by merkej23 because: bad error in grammar

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Studies seem to have shown that quite a few actually will. They would need to clean this up from the inside.

All paths that we see these days are fraught with danger, as well as doing nothing is.

As far as someone mentioning "former glory"... I don't really think we need that as much as a return to our proper values.

edit on 5-4-2012 by akalepos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by merkej23
reply to post by SaturnFX

I can understand where your coming from about talks of Coups, or about how its ALL Obama's fault but hear me out, I don't care that Obama is - black/liberal/ect..... It's just SOOOO many people put faith in him, yeah he won the election, on a promise of change that never occured. I don't have a dog in the political ring, I'm a political agnostic, left or right we're still running in circles, the Federal Reserve is nuts with QE1-1000, wars and young men dying for so A-holes dollar, and I think the people are mad as hell.

If Bush jr had another term or if McCain was elected or If we voted for a Golden Lab into office, this post STILL would be made because everybody is tried of our jobs being sold in the name of "Globalism" and our children being sent to Afa-Kaza-Irani-Iraqi-syriana-stan.

A coup is a danger to all, all groups will begin to fight for land, some for greed,and some for a little stability and I for one don't want to see that.

The last thing you mention here is EXACTLY what happened in those in between days from ending the war to ratifying the constitution.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by akalepos

Yes your are right about groups grabbing land did help for the formation of the USA, but what if a neo-nazi or KKK gains the large land advantage or a large corperation who got us into this mess of buy your laws and enjoy them too? or what if a king comes along? Thats one of my fears of a coup, a dead republic

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
If a coup ever did take place it would be our very friends that did it. The Allied forces would turn against the current government in Charge. They would talk our military forces into takibg commands from NATO and then the game would be on. But I doubt it would be bloodless. There is allways die hards in the mix. But you also have many in law enforcement and the millitary who would not care at all about turning there guns on you. The Occupy Protest should have told you that. And don't forget corporate giants would probly be neck deep in it. Hell the Pentagon has a shopping mall in it so are they already allowing a tack over?

pentagon.osd.mil...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join