It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Coup or not to Coup

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Mods: If needed please move to proper spot

Today I wanted to share a story with ATS, It was how a former speech writer John L. Perry , has commented how coup d' tate (he claims "bloodless") is one way to quell the Obama issue. Here's the link

thebladereport.com...

Now the reason I bring this up is because of a LONG STANDING item thats been on Obama's agenda, its to have a private civilian military force, as large as the US military here's part of the speech

www.youtube.com...

Now IF a Coup were to happen in the USA, bloodless would not be in the description. As a citizen and a student of History, I'm in fear for my countrymen I ask ATS'ers how do they feel about a coup or civil war in the country? How do you feel? Any ideas to avoid this blood shed? Thanks for your time and input.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Unfortunately it's the only way anything will change. It would prefer it was bloodless also but, history shows that that Is unlikely to happen.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The US military is already anticipating this and has been developing various weapons to keep the population in line, such as the active denial system (non-lethal heat wave gun) mentioned in a recent thread.

Resistance is futile.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
A coup is the only way we will ever be able to have live a life of freedom with civil liberties. Im curious as to what country would support it. That could be a game changer....

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Glass

Our military is only as strong as we make it. As a vetern I can tell you that. All our soldiers support each other more than the government....

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I am more worried about Obama performing a coup by declaring Martial Law, suspending the Constitution, suspending the Supreme Court and making a complete takeover of the government. I don't think it will happen before the election but if he is re-elected, I can foresee the the executive branch taking over all branches. He would not need the military for that. I believe that all laws are in place for it to occur. He can close the internet, take over factories and private property, force people to work, and intern them without cause or recourse. This could happen overnight or over any weekend, especially if Congress in on holiday and the Supremet Court was out of session. This is reminiscent of Seven Days in May.

The issue then becomes, would the military support his complete takeover? I think there would be war within the military. There would definately be war in the streets.
edit on 5-4-2012 by Nite_wing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glass
The US military is already anticipating this and has been developing various weapons to keep the population in line, such as the active denial system (non-lethal heat wave gun) mentioned in a recent thread.

Resistance is futile.

Don't sell the American fighting man short quite so easily. They're developing all the weapons that private industry can dream up contract proposals for in a profitable way. However...when the time comes..IF it ever comes...and it's time for the individual soldier standing there to make a decision, With or Against the first coup in American history?

I think many on BOTH sides may be very surprised at which direction a majority % go on it. One side will be shocked with joy..and the other with raw, cold fear. A feeling that side isn't known to experience often. Guess who is who?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by merkej23

As a citizen and a student of History, I'm in fear for my countrymen I ask ATS'ers how do they feel about a coup or civil war in the country?

One question - After this great coup... who will lead the country, and how?

I will tell you right now, that you can coup all day, but until the mechanics of our system change, nothing else will. The Founding Fathers, with all their good intentions, failed to set up a corruption-proof system (obviously.)

Representative democracy doesn't work - too many dirty hands in everyone's cookie jar.

Until The People Make Their Own Laws it will just be right back to the status quo.

edit on 5-4-2012 by DeReK DaRkLy because: ...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I don't believe that a coup would ever work in the sense of the military moving against the government. I also don't believe that there could be any organized uprising against the government by the people because the people here in the US are too fragmented/divided into too many "us vs. them" groups which is all too evident in recent news headlines (thank you MSM for your unbiased reporting of the current events).

Now with all that said, if there were to be a coup/uprising against the government, it would be far from bloodless and would make the civil war look tame in comparison.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Yes...a coup.
Then we can finally install a proper liberal president verses a poser liberal!

(see the issue here?)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
People keep saying that the troops will have our backs. In reality this is highly unlikely. The troops will be told that all resistance groups are terror groups, and will most likely slaughter many Americans before becoming disillusioned, at which point they will be declared terrorists and killed by some other brainwashed soldier.

Successful warfare is deception; civil war/coup de' tat will accomplish nothing.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
there are more then 2 factions in the US, it wouldn't be a typical coup. you'd have them all trying to undermine each other and the last one standing takes the prize.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This is odd.

during 2000 to 2008, I never came across such talk as a coup in america...wonder why.
Yet, There was such talks the previous 8 years, and the post 4 years.

This isn't about some greater stance to save america
this is some fringe nuts being pathetically poor losers.

You want to "take over america"...then do it in the voting booth the way its always done, otherwise, stfu you morons.. If you lose, its not because the election is rigged, its because your stances are idiotic and not desired by the majority.

Get over it. Obama is in office...McCain lost, Romney will lose, and if you don't moderate up a bit, you will lose in 16 also due to being absurdly fringe that the mainstream do not want.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I could sign off on a military coup, IF and ONLY IF the ultimate goal was to restore American Sovereignty and a return to Constitutional Government accomplished as quickly as possible.

I see no other reason for it.
edit on 5-4-2012 by akalepos because: wording

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
This is odd.

during 2000 to 2008, I never came across such talk as a coup in america...wonder why.
Yet, There was such talks the previous 8 years, and the post 4 years.

This isn't about some greater stance to save america
this is some fringe nuts being pathetically poor losers.

You want to "take over america"...then do it in the voting booth the way its always done, otherwise, stfu you morons.. If you lose, its not because the election is rigged, its because your stances are idiotic and not desired by the majority.

Get over it. Obama is in office...McCain lost, Romney will lose, and if you don't moderate up a bit, you will lose in 16 also due to being absurdly fringe that the mainstream do not want.

Just a side note to toss in here...but I absolutely recall people openly stating George H.W. Bush would never willingly allow his defeat in 1992...yet he was defeated and he left. Indeed...I heard the same on Clinton and he did make me wonder just a bit...but no less than Daddy Bush. Baby Bush? Oh dear...Partiot Act anyone? Darth Vader as his 2nd in command? I REALLY had doubts as to how well that one was going to end.

So.. at least as I recall the last 20 some years...Obama is just the latest and most advanced in the line of advancing tyrants. Will he stay by force? Nawww... I can't really see it in all honesty. If for no other reason...the Marines at the White House and the Secret Service who all but live in the same room with Obama 24/7 swear an Oath to the Constitution and defend the OFFICE....not the MAN.

If the MAN were to openly go against everything they swore that oath to.....well...I wouldn't consider the White House a real friendly place to be in his shoes, after that line is crossed.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by akalepos
I could sign off on a military coup, IF and ONLY IF the ultimate goal was to restore American Sovereignty and a return to Constitutional Government accomplished as quickly as possible.

I see other reason for it.

I can actually see this coming, in light of some things I have been reading of late. The Military personnel are all sworn to uphold, and defend the Constitution against all enemies, both foreign and domestic. If this does come about, the people cannot freak out, calm must prevail. It will take some time for a Constitutional government to be elected and sworn in.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by merkej23

A Coup d'état is not the same thing as a Revolution, and I would suggest that prudence is the better part of valor when listening to souls claiming that Coup's are a valid strategy:

A coup d'état (English: /ˌkuːdeɪˈtɑː/, French: [ku deta]; plural: coups d'état; translation: strike (against the) state, literally: strike/blow of state)—also known as a coup, putsch, and overthrow—is the sudden, illegal deposition of a government, usually by a small group of the existing state establishment—typically the military—to replace the deposed government with another body; either civil or military. A coup d'état succeeds if the usurpers establish their dominance when the incumbent government fails to prevent or successfully resist their consolidation of power. If the coup neither fully fails nor achieves overall success, the attempted coup d'état is likely to lead to a civil war.

en.wikipedia.org...

A "bloodless" Coup would not be any more lawful than a bloody one. Besides, it is arguable that a bloodless coup took place at least 100 years ago or better and the usurpers remain in power to this day.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Just a side note to toss in here...but I absolutely recall people openly stating George H.W. Bush would never willingly allow his defeat in 1992...yet he was defeated and he left. Indeed...I heard the same on Clinton and he did make me wonder just a bit...but no less than Daddy Bush. Baby Bush? Oh dear...Partiot Act anyone? Darth Vader as his 2nd in command? I REALLY had doubts as to how well that one was going to end.

Agreed. Yes, the fringe has always suspected that the POTUS in office won't willingly step down.
Been going on as long as I remember...I remember as a kid being told Reagen may either not step down, or will launch nukes because he has nothing to lose...

Ultimately, as a obama supporter..if he didn't step down properly at the end of his term, I will be in the front lines with the rest demanding he step down immediately...(unless there is like currently an alien invasion wiping out earth..then we got other issues...short of that though...)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
We have been living amidst one of the great coups d'état of all human history, and it seems to have passed us by without much resistance.

The Constitution is a legally binding contract and Americans are inherently born party to this contract. The contract has been materially breached by a central government which now acts lawlessly and exists and operates outside of its binding contractual obligation. It is a usurper government.

We must be aware that the central government of the united states does not exist of its own accord. Its existence alone does not make it legitimate. The central government wasn't even a party to the constitution. The People and the States formed the contract acting as sovereign and independent entities. They formed a Republic with the limited power to..

#1 Protect individual rights against violence by force or fraud
#2 Protect The People from foreign invaders
#3 To settle disputes among The People according to objective laws

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people. -Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, 1791

This usurper government doesn't care what the Constitution says or what limits on government it established; Absolutely nothing is now beyond the scope of its power. The contract is null and void. Our birthright has been nullified and all we got in exchange is hay and a barn for human cattle.
edit on 5-4-2012 by METACOMET because: sp

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
SaturnFX, You are absolutely correct in that we should take it to the voting booth. And at the same time, we have to be honest as to why we are at a point where these topics are coming up for discussion. Both parties are responsible for the situation the country is in and if they can not come together to fix what's wrong in Washington D.C. then they all should be voted out and be replaced with people willing to find the solutions needed using the established election system (I know, wishful thinking). As it stands now, the politicians are the ones keeping the rhetoric in high gear polarizing the general public.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join