It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Sun Is Getting Hotter Because of a Space Dust Cloud, But 2012 Meaningless!

page: 1
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Our climate is changing due to various causes including cosmological causes. Climate change is very REAL due to BOTH human pollution and mostly due a cloud of space dust our Solar System has entered into some years ago. Both these mechanisms together are heating our planet, but it's the space dust cloud that's heating our Sun and the other planets. Given this, Dec. 21, 2012 has no meaning in this context because we will be traveling through this space dust cloud for many years to come. This space dust cloud increases the number of rogue asteroids entering our Solar System which means a greater probability for collisions on all planets including here on Earth.

I personally hate these baseless derivative predictions based on a Mayan calendar that doesn't describe anything but a date. Mayan's didn't predict destruction on Dec. 21, 2012. If anything they predicted the return of their god.

Check out National Geographic's 2003 article:
news.nationalgeographic.com...
edit on 5-4-2012 by CantSay because: (no reason given)




posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
i Dont recall ever reading anything that said 2012 was the end of the world. according to the Maya it is a cylce of something beginning.



posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CantSay
Our climate is changing due to various causes including cosmological causes. Climate change is very REAL due to BOTH human pollution and mostly due a cloud of space dust our Solar System has entered into some years ago. Both these mechanisms together are heating our planet, but it's the space dust cloud that's heating our Sun and the other planets. Given this, Dec. 21, 2012 has no meaning in this context because we will be traveling through this space dust cloud for many years to come. This space dust cloud increases the number of rogue asteroids entering our Solar System which means a greater probability for collisions on all planets including here on Earth.

I personally hate these baseless derivative predictions based on a Mayan calendar that doesn't describe anything but a date. Mayan's didn't predict destruction on Dec. 21, 2012. If anything they predicted the return of their god.

Check out National Geographic's 2003 article:
news.nationalgeographic.com...
edit on 5-4-2012 by CantSay because: (no reason given)


The Mayan calendar is very exact, there is nothing on it that has occurred in the past that you can't say that it didn't happen as their calendar forecasted.

As for the return of a God, I believe the return was of the God of Destruction. So... are you sure they didn't predict destruction?
edit on 5-4-2012 by RussianScientists because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists

Originally posted by CantSay
Our climate is changing due to various causes including cosmological causes. Climate change is very REAL due to BOTH human pollution and mostly due a cloud of space dust our Solar System has entered into some years ago. Both these mechanisms together are heating our planet, but it's the space dust cloud that's heating our Sun and the other planets. Given this, Dec. 21, 2012 has no meaning in this context because we will be traveling through this space dust cloud for many years to come. This space dust cloud increases the number of rogue asteroids entering our Solar System which means a greater probability for collisions on all planets including here on Earth.

I personally hate these baseless derivative predictions based on a Mayan calendar that doesn't describe anything but a date. Mayan's didn't predict destruction on Dec. 21, 2012. If anything they predicted the return of their god.

Check out National Geographic's 2003 article:
news.nationalgeographic.com...
edit on 5-4-2012 by CantSay because: (no reason given)


The Mayan calendar is very exact, there is nothing on it that has occurred in the past that you can't say that it didn't happen as their calendar forecasted.

As for the return of a God, I believe the return was of the God of Destruction. So... are you sure they didn't predict destruction?
edit on 5-4-2012 by RussianScientists because: (no reason given)


I'm absolutely sure they didn't say on Dec. 21, 2012 our god will return. Nothing is written stating anything of that nature. I'm also absolutely sure they didn't say on Dec. 21, 2012 destruction was coming. Nothing is written of this linking to 2012. Nothing.

There is only baseless conjecture and assumptions.



posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
A dust cloud would also increase the number of shooting stars in the sky.

I see no increase in shooting stars when i look at the sky, could you explain the missing shooting stars?



posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I saw nothing in the article which said the dust was heating our planet much less the sun. So where did you get your degree in astrophysics?



posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CantSay

Originally posted by RussianScientists

Originally posted by CantSay
Our climate is changing due to various causes including cosmological causes. Climate change is very REAL due to BOTH human pollution and mostly due a cloud of space dust our Solar System has entered into some years ago. Both these mechanisms together are heating our planet, but it's the space dust cloud that's heating our Sun and the other planets. Given this, Dec. 21, 2012 has no meaning in this context because we will be traveling through this space dust cloud for many years to come. This space dust cloud increases the number of rogue asteroids entering our Solar System which means a greater probability for collisions on all planets including here on Earth.

I personally hate these baseless derivative predictions based on a Mayan calendar that doesn't describe anything but a date. Mayan's didn't predict destruction on Dec. 21, 2012. If anything they predicted the return of their god.

Check out National Geographic's 2003 article:
news.nationalgeographic.com...
edit on 5-4-2012 by CantSay because: (no reason given)


The Mayan calendar is very exact, there is nothing on it that has occurred in the past that you can't say that it didn't happen as their calendar forecasted.

As for the return of a God, I believe the return was of the God of Destruction. So... are you sure they didn't predict destruction?
edit on 5-4-2012 by RussianScientists because: (no reason given)


I'm absolutely sure they didn't say on Dec. 21, 2012 our god will return. Nothing is written stating anything of that nature. I'm also absolutely sure they didn't say on Dec. 21, 2012 destruction was coming. Nothing is written of this linking to 2012. Nothing.

There is only baseless conjecture and assumptions.


Your the one that wrote: "Mayan's didn't predict destruction on Dec. 21, 2012. If anything they predicted the return of their god."



posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Why would interstellar dust heat the Sun?

The amount of material from interstellar dust is small compared to the influx from an occasional comet. It pales in comparison to the amount of material ejected by a CME.

This is hogwash.



posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The sun has actually cooled slightly in the last 30 years, and there is no evidence that the other planets in our solar system are warming. Also any interstellar dust coming into our neighbourhood would not cause many problems. Your own link says as much.

The dust grains pose no serious threat to the planets. But they could chip away at the solar panels on spacecraft, causing a gradual loss of power, and knock particles off asteroids, filling the solar system with even more dust. On Earth, stargazers may observe a greater number of shooting stars.



posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
Why would interstellar dust heat the Sun?

The amount of material from interstellar dust is small compared to the influx from an occasional comet. It pales in comparison to the amount of material ejected by a CME.

This is hogwash.


Any amount of matter added to the Sun is fuel for the fire. The Earth alone acquires 300 tons of space dust per day, so imagine the Sun.



posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by oghamxx
I saw nothing in the article which said the dust was heating our planet much less the sun. So where did you get your degree in astrophysics?


More matter added to the Sun, more fuel for the fire. Sun burns more material and flames get more intense causing more photons which hit our planet as increased light intensity causing heat. The physics are very simple.

Along with space dust cloud, there maybe larger rocks like asteroids in this cloud.

Where did I get my science degree? Where they were handing them out.
edit on 5-4-2012 by CantSay because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder
 


Agree. The ones that believe 2012 will be apocalyptic are the ones that believe too much movies. Powers at be have done their job brainwashing people to thinking something bad will occur, as evident with comments by people on this site.



posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists
 


Would you care to provide these predictions associated with the Long Count as well as references to the monument/stela/frieze/manuscript they come from? If you can't it's clear that you are just another person that has been suckered into the myth of 2012 by the charlatan New Age and fringe authors.



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CantSay
 


93 million miles of dust is letting MORE radiation hit the earth? IF TRUE that dust should absorb the radiation and allow LESS to hit earth, thus cooler!



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Call me dumb but wouldn't a dust cloud block out the sun, like they say when an asteroid hit millions of years ago it made a dust cloud that blocked out the sun for years so vegitation could not grow,
Just getting my 2cents worth.....


Come on guys wheres all the good conspiracies?



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CantSay
 



Any amount of matter added to the Sun is fuel for the fire. The Earth alone acquires 300 tons of space dust per day, so imagine the Sun.

The Sun is not going to fuse iron. The Sun is not fusing carbon or oxygen. The Sun is not going to heat up because of a small influx.

The average CME is over a trillion kilos, over a billion tons of matter.



posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by CantSay
 



Any amount of matter added to the Sun is fuel for the fire. The Earth alone acquires 300 tons of space dust per day, so imagine the Sun.

The Sun is not going to fuse iron. The Sun is not fusing carbon or oxygen. The Sun is not going to heat up because of a small influx.

The average CME is over a trillion kilos, over a billion tons of matter.


I disagree.

Space dust cloud is only an indication of the more energized space it exists in. Denser vacuum radiation. The energized space is also being absorbed by Sun and planets along with the space dust but that's harder to quantify.

Ejected CME release billion of tons of matter, but the Sun in perspective is absorbing millions of tons of space dust per day. Billions of tons here and there is very little compared to what it's constantly absorbing.



posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAnalyst
 



I disagree.

Space dust cloud is only an indication of the more energized space it exists in. Denser vacuum radiation. The energized space is also being absorbed by Sun and planets along with the space dust but that's harder to quantify.

Ejected CME release billion of tons of matter, but the Sun in perspective is absorbing millions of tons of space dust per day. Billions of tons here and there is very little compared to what it's constantly absorbing.


You disagree, but cannot quantify the net exchanges, except where you admit the influx for a year is a paltry 1/3 of a single CME. You simply claim lots is happening.

The fact is that the Sun is getting hotter and has been getting hotter because of internal changes in composition and not from external factors. These changes are predicted to increase the Sun's energy output by around 10% over the next billion years.

The current space environment is not changing the Sun.



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by TheAnalyst
 



I disagree.

Space dust cloud is only an indication of the more energized space it exists in. Denser vacuum radiation. The energized space is also being absorbed by Sun and planets along with the space dust but that's harder to quantify.

Ejected CME release billion of tons of matter, but the Sun in perspective is absorbing millions of tons of space dust per day. Billions of tons here and there is very little compared to what it's constantly absorbing.


You disagree, but cannot quantify the net exchanges, except where you admit the influx for a year is a paltry 1/3 of a single CME. You simply claim lots is happening.

The fact is that the Sun is getting hotter and has been getting hotter because of internal changes in composition and not from external factors. These changes are predicted to increase the Sun's energy output by around 10% over the next billion years.

The current space environment is not changing the Sun.


Perhaps it's absorbing much more than expected in ways not expected affecting internal composition. I say it is.



posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by CantSay
 



Perhaps it's absorbing much more than expected in ways not expected affecting internal composition. I say it is.

There simply isn't as much matter in space as there is matter being expelled from the Sun.



new topics

top topics



 
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join