It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobel prize winner: "Israel threat to World peace".

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Has anyone mentioned that Gunter Grass was once a member of the elite Nazi SS?

I reckon not.
Their giving Nobles to ex-SS now?Wth?No Skyfloating i did not know that.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

HAHA!!! and these morons quote him in support

Just to add: SS members tended to be more mystically inclined; And Grass, of course, is a poet. His position against Israel is thus perfectly consonant with Nazism's esoteric ideology, i.e. both in Ariosophy/Anthrozoology, but more trenchantly, in its belief that Jews were an impediment to a new world order. Hence, we can see how both these ideas merged and became one: Nazis believed that the spiritual capacities and predilections of the spirit were imbedded within one's physical genes. Thus ALL JEWS - regardless of their conscious disposition, manifested some deviant and stolid expression, ruined by the effects of consciousness, as Nietzsche and Schopenhauer (the former, however, was not an antisemite) pointed out, the latter with greater effusiveness. Wagnerian opera, which proved so instructive for Adolph Hitler's idea of 'art' was all about this: the Jews infect mankind with their "consciousness" - their artless and enfeebling influence on Aryan culture - the only true wellspring of creativity and religious feeling - by their obsessive emphasis on morality etc. If you've read Nietzsche's "the birth of tragedy out of the spirit of music' you get the gist of his argument: the spirit is stifled by the intervention of consciousness i.e. the ego. And Because Judaism contributed this element most to civilization (and one could even argue the Jews influenced Socratic thought, as Nietzsche thought...quite believable, since one of the most seminal greek thinkers, and an influence on presocratic thought, Thales, was born in Phoenicia, and therefore grew up in a predominantly Jewish social environment) every Jew is born with this element infused in the nature of his being - in his very genes. Communism, Capitalism, was seen just as a distorted manifestation of this impulse. THUS, kill all Jews. I maintain this is still an agenda for many people.

It' sickening that a man so late in life could still be so unrepentant about his role in the German holocaust. Till his final days, he hopes to incite Jew hatred, albeit, in it's elliptical form, "antizionism".
edit on 6-4-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

He was awarded the nobel prize in 1999; he didn't come out with this biographical tidbit until 2006.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Has anyone mentioned that Gunter Grass was once a member of the elite Nazi SS?

I reckon not.

Oh I see, he was a Nazi so that automatically means he is bad man, right? I guess the same goes for Wernher von Braun and the Pope?

Since he was this elite Nazi SS as you claim, I decided to do a quick search of who he is.

en.wikipedia.org...

Grass was born in the Free City of Danzig on 16 October 1927.

Grass attended the Danzig Gymnasium Conradinum. In 1943 he became a Luftwaffenhelfer, then he was drafted into the Reichsarbeitsdienst. He volunteered for submarine service with the Kriegsmarine "to get out of the confinement he felt as a teenager in his parents' house" which he considered - in a negative way - civic Catholic lower middle class.[3][4] in November 1944, shortly after his seventeenth birthday, but was not accepted and instead was drafted into the 10th SS Panzer Division Frundsberg [5]. With the Panzer Division he saw active combat from February 1945 until he was wounded on 20 April 1945, captured in Marienbad and sent to an American prisoner-of-war camp. His homecountry was taken over by Soviet and Polish administration and he thus was not able to return home, finding refuge in western Germany.

Elite? Really? Looks like he was just a teenager who probably got caught up in all the war propaganda or wanted to get away from home. He was later drafted into the war by said elite Nazi group. He saw maybe 2 months of combat before being wounded and later captured sending him to an American prisoner of war camp where he stayed until he found a new home in Germany. He may have been apart of some elite force but he clearly was not elite. Your post implies he was an elite soldier but from what I'm reading this "elite" group was taking anyone they could, hence him being drafted in. Once you start just taking anyone, otherwise known as a draft, you lose the title "elite". He was an assistant tank gunner during his very short stay in combat.

Some elite SS Nazi

edit on 6-4-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus
reply to post by longjohnbritches

Perez was probably one of the most peace loving Israeli president (and PM) in its entire history. Thats why they gave him the peace price in the first place....
edit on 6-4-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

Hi nus thanks fo the reply.
I hope you are correct.
But what has taken hold of the insanity of today's Isreali goverment??
BTW do you agree that the Pulitzer nonsence was cracker jack at the time of his award??
thanks ljb

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Hi Swills
I for one stand and applaud your defence of the common soldier.
Old war horses give up the gun and take up the pen.
A tad like you and I, I suppose.
When the rest walk in the boots of a grunt. They will humble.
the best ljb

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
There is nothing in that poem, that sounds "anti-semitic" at all.
It is about the political situation in these days and the problem that nobody dares to speak out the truth.

It is an important discussion for Germany, I think, because more than others Germans are denied to critizise anything that has to do with Israel.
Grass even says this in his poem and the reactions show that he was right. Now there are voices from all parties, saying he is an anti-semite, an all-time nazi, trying to change the roles of victims and aggressors.

Nothing of that is the case. Grass always was known as an author who "writes against the neglect". Now he suddenly is the opposite? I read a few of his books and they all were very clear about the German past. Nothing of what they try to make of him now.

It is still the problem, that Israel may not be critizised. And Germans have no right to talk about Israel at all.
The question is, how long shall this be the status quo?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Well I'm not talking from assumption here. He WAS the most peaceloving since he tried so hard to establish peace between Israel and Palestinians and thats why all three, Yaser Arafat, Peres and Yitzhak Rabin received the same peace prize.

On that same wikipedia page of him you can see that he is against a military action in Iran, that he is an optimist and not a pessimist and that he distanced himself from West Bank settlers.

So these are all facts that lead me to believe he truly wants peace. But I suppose he could be regarded as an exception to the hard liners of Israeli politics. The majority of them do not compromise when it comes to settlers or land.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

The SS were the elite soldiers of Nazi Germany. Isnt it relevant to the subject that a former SS-officer declares Jews to be the greatest danger to world peace?

He outed himself as SS and here you are saying I am "claiming" he is SS. So that leaves only one question: What compels you to post falsehood?

edit on 7-4-2012 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

You're very observant my friend

reply to post by Skyfloating

Never did I say he wasn't a Nazi, you're misinterpreting my post. Its a fact he was an SS Nazi and my post never said otherwise. I clearly stated he served with the SS for a few months when he was 17, as a tank gunner assistant, after being drafted into the SS. What I actually said about your "claims", well "implying" more so than a "claim" would have been a better choice of words, was that he was an Elite SS Nazi soldier because he served with the Elite Nazi SS but you failed to provide any other background of his Nazi history, so I did that for you. Turned out he served for a short while before being wounded and sent off to a prison camp where he remained till the end of the war. He was drafted into the so called Elite Nazi SS, but as I've already said, once you start taking anyone via a draft you lose the title Elite, imo. Are you saying he was the former SS-officer who declares Jews to be the greatest danger to world peace or are saying there once was a former SS-officer who said but it wasn't Grass?

So in conclusion, never did I say he wasn't apart of the Nazi SS.
edit on 7-4-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Israel declares Gunter Grass persona non grata

Israeli Interior Minister Eli Yishai declared Sunday that German Nobel laureate Gunter Grass has been banned from traveling to the country. Last week Grass published a poem critical of Israel and its policies.

HAHAHA

What a bunch of egotistic spoilt brats...

They obviously can't handle criticism very well.

One little truthful poem about Israel and he's banned from the country.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

Nobel prize winner means nothing. It doesn't make his/her views any more valuable then any one else's. Obama winning a nobel prize pretty mush seals any validity/nobility the prize had. IMO

Please tell that to fundamentalists who will constantly parade the number of Nobel prizes won by Jews.

They will point out how a tiny number of jews have won a large number of Nobels...while the larger arab population have won very few nobels. They cite this to assert that Jews are "better" than the arabs.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Here is an interesting view from Mondoweiss, who say about themselves they want to "offer alternatives to pro-Zionist ideology as a basis for American Jewish identity."

The intelectual cowardice of Günter Grass's critics

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by thinks

Israel declares Gunter Grass persona non grata

Israeli Interior Minister Eli Yishai declared Sunday that German Nobel laureate Gunter Grass has been banned from traveling to the country. Last week Grass published a poem critical of Israel and its policies.

HAHAHA

What a bunch of egotistic spoilt brats...

They obviously can't handle criticism very well.

One little truthful poem about Israel and he's banned from the country.

I thought Isreal was the shinning example of DEMOCRACY in the ME.
I wonder if they band this guy too!!

Salman Rushdie wickipedia

In his 2002 non-fiction collection Step Across This Line, he professes his admiration for the Italian writer Italo Calvino and the American writer Thomas Pynchon, among others. His early influences included James Joyce,[[[ Günter Grass,]]]] Jorge Luis Borges, Mikhail Bulgakov, and

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta
There is nothing in that poem, that sounds "anti-semitic" at all.
It is about the political situation in these days and the problem that nobody dares to speak out the truth.

It is an important discussion for Germany, I think, because more than others Germans are denied to critizise anything that has to do with Israel.
Grass even says this in his poem and the reactions show that he was right. Now there are voices from all parties, saying he is an anti-semite, an all-time nazi, trying to change the roles of victims and aggressors.

Nothing of that is the case. Grass always was known as an author who "writes against the neglect". Now he suddenly is the opposite? I read a few of his books and they all were very clear about the German past. Nothing of what they try to make of him now.

It is still the problem, that Israel may not be critizised. And Germans have no right to talk about Israel at all.
The question is, how long shall this be the status quo?

Hi sid
I think when you consider that the German people are suffering still from the actions of GOVERNMENTS claiming to be open and free. Especially after suffering from the actions of their own Government so much in WW 1 WW.2
In my opinion, it is totally, the Marxist Communistic control exerted from behind the curtain of OZ.
Today's youth are catching on and tracing history.

"OZ never did do nothing for the Tin Man, nothing that he didn't already have" AMERICA
ljb

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
I can't believe we are still arguing over whether they are good or not...

OF COURSE they are a threat to world peace...they claim to be god's chosen people while the rest of us are just considered goyim. on top of that they hold a nuclear arsenal with no oversight, which they feel they can use at any moment and be 100% justified in their actions BECAUSE they are god's people...

yeah...and the catholics claim to be god's children, and the muslims claim to be gods children, but jews!...hold on there, that's a whole different story. just because every country around israel wants them all dead...then of course, they (israel) are the threat!!....and by the way....an 84 (born in 1928) year old german guy saying jews are a threat would not be a shocking thing to hear...what? is he pissed off that they ONLY GOT TO MURDER 6 MILLION OF THEM!!

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Ummm really? According to the Christians & Jews, the Jews are Gods chosen people
. I'm sure not sure if the Muslims agree though cuz I'm not Muslim but I'm sure they all agree we are all Gods children

edit on 8-4-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus

Well I'm not talking from assumption here. He WAS the most peaceloving since he tried so hard to establish peace between Israel and Palestinians and thats why all three, Yaser Arafat, Peres and Yitzhak Rabin received the same peace prize.

On that same wikipedia page of him you can see that he is against a military action in Iran, that he is an optimist and not a pessimist and that he distanced himself from West Bank settlers.

So these are all facts that lead me to believe he truly wants peace. But I suppose he could be regarded as an exception to the hard liners of Israeli politics. The majority of them do not compromise when it comes to settlers or land.

Kinda reminds me of Sadat minus the final outcome.
I think others have answered my point about the hypocracy of the use of the prize.
Thanks for your well ment and received reply.
ljb
edit on 4/8/2012 by longjohnbritches because: the a in meant it's here

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join