It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobel prize winner: "Israel threat to World peace".

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
'Israel a threat to world peace' – Nobel laureate.

German Nobel Prize winner Günter Grass is in the international spotlight after labeling Israel a “threat to world peace" in his new poem.

In his prose poem entitled “What must be said” published on Wednesday in the German daily Suddeutsche Zeitung, the 84-year-old Grass criticizes Israel's role in the conflict with Iran over the latter’s nuclear program. In his opinion it is Israel’s nuclear program that is the real threat to the world, not Iran’s.

Grass emphasizes that Israel has been intensifying its nuclear potential for years, with no international supervision, while any military purpose of Iran’s nuclear program has yet to be proven.

"Blood libel"? Whats that you ask? Well, according to the wikipedia entry it is:

"a false accusation or claim[3][4][5] that religious minorities, usually Jews, murder children to use their blood in certain aspects of their religious rituals and holidays.[1][2][6] Historically, these claims—alongside those of well poisoning and host desecration—have been a major theme in European persecution of Jews.[4]"

en.wikipedia.org...

So stating an opinion based on facts now means that you hate Jews...

Trying to silence free speech based on allegations of hatred or racism only serves to intensify negative feelings.

Regardless, Günter Grass is 100% correct.

edit on 5-4-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Apr 6 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

So stating an opinion based on facts now means that you hate Jews...

FALSE accusations thrown at any truth in regards to this topic is one of the favorite tactics used by the online brigade of PAID Israeli dis-info idiots who are out in full force on social websites and online forums...

Idiots PAID to spread pro-Israeli nonsense and complete dis-info is well known to be going on right now. WHY are they PAYING people to be PRO-Israeli? Maybe because the "chosen people" are more like the devils people in reality...

Would Gandhi, or Princess Di have needed a PAID brigade to "influence" their goodness to the public? Of course not. THINK about it...
edit on 5-4-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
thelede.blogs.nytimes.com...#

In the poem, titled “What Must Be Said,” Mr. Grass, 84, asks why he has remained silent about Israel’s nuclear might — which Israel has never publicly confirmed — and concludes that he had been constrained by a broader fear of being judged an anti-Semite.

I applaud him, and many people do agree with him. Israel is a threat to world peace. In fact, there were EU polls & Arab polls asking that very question.

EUROPEAN COMMISSON POLL: "ISRAEL IS THE BIGGEST THREAT TO WORLD PEACE."

www.wiesenthal.com...

Results of a new poll commissioned by the European Commission show that Israel is believed by Europeans in 15 countries to be the greatest threat to world peace, greater than North Korea, Iran, or Afghanistan.

ACRPS publishes the preliminary findings of the Arab Opinion Index report

english.dohainstitute.org...

73 percent of respondents believe that Israel and the US are the two countries presenting the largest threat to the security of the Arab world, with 51 percent believing that Israel is the most threatening, 22 percent believe the US is the most threatening, and 5 percent reporting a belief that Iran is the single country most threatening to the security of their countries. The results on this question vary from one Arab country to another.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
With one foot in the grave you can still be dangerous.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Timing is good.

Just wait for a minute?

Timing is good?

"brought to you in simulcast dvr"

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Just look at the Israeli flag, it's written 666 all over it. They could have put a Minorah if they were so "Chosen", yeah by the devil.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

the ignorant use of the term blood libel
just go to show how out of touch with judaism
and jewish history the zionists are:shk:

but then again zionism is just a front for crypto nazis

to the zio-shills:
being of semitic descent [spanish sephardim]
i will not countenance accusations of anti-semitism or self-hating jew
so don't waste your time.

or there will be ButtHurt

S&F
edit on 5-4-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The significance of the Nobel has steadily eroded over the years, but when they awarded Obama the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009 they officially tossed out whatever vestiges of prestige the award had left. So the headline might as well read "German Cracker Jack prize winner Günter Grass is in the international spotlight after labeling Israel a “threat to world peace" in his new poem". His opinion is no more important than that of any other Tom, Dick or Harry.

edit on 5-4-2012 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne
The significance of the Nobel has steadily eroded over the years, but when they awarded Obama the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009 they officially tossed out whatever vestiges of prestige the award had left. So the headline might as well read "German Cracker Jack prize winner Günter Grass is in the international spotlight after labeling Israel a “threat to world peace" in his new poem". His opinion is no more important than that of any other Tom, Dick or Harry.

Yeah it isn't worth anything to us. But to the people who aren't (s)crazy(/s), the Nobel Peace prize has only appreciated in value since Obama was awarded that joke of an award.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

So you're opinion of his opinion is as worthless as his? That's what you're saying, right?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Well... As if this wasn't done before WWII... They warned the west that Germany was going to be a problem long before it happened... nobody listened... well actually nobody cared to do anything about it...

Now the warning is about Israel which is just as bad... But NOOOOOOOOOO they are the chosen ones, we must not speak out about them... you damn anti-semite!

Just wait, someday people will be kicking themselves in the ass when they realize what they could have prevented with a few carpet bombings and special forces... Not to mention cuts in funding...

I'll be the first to say : "I told you so!"

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Nobel prize winner means nothing. It doesn't make his/her views any more valuable then any one else's. Obama winning a nobel prize pretty mush seals any validity/nobility the prize had. IMO

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
in nowhere in the OP's statement as said by Grass did he mention the Jewish faith or it's followers. He mentions Israel. ONLY Israel.

Israel was the one launching the strawman by stating it was "Blood Libel".

I guess the saying is true......Anti-Semite used to mean someone who "hated Jews". Now it means "anyone who criticizes Israel".

What a disgusting regime they are

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I can't believe we are still arguing over whether they are good or not...

OF COURSE they are a threat to world peace...they claim to be god's chosen people while the rest of us are just considered goyim. on top of that they hold a nuclear arsenal with no oversight, which they feel they can use at any moment and be 100% justified in their actions BECAUSE they are god's people...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I happen to agree with you and Mr. Grass about Israel being a threat to world peace. How it was ever accepted by so many in the international community is quite astounding.

People I come across in my life who live in the false paradigm that The United States government is the best in the world as well as all of its allies (including Israel) who are pro Israeli can not seem to explain how the State of Israel came about.

I love posts like these that really speak out to the evil that Israel really is to the world. Just for the record, I am not anti-semitic. I just despise the concept that people feel they have a "God given" right to a certain land or area and the ends of acquiring that land justify the means.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Suffi

and sometimes with one foot in the grave you are most dangerous of all.

But Israel does not have any foot in the ground, her position appears very secure. She has nukes pointed at every country on the map, money pouring in from American tax payer dollars, and the American, UK, and Nato forces ready to jump at her command. Israel says do my will and everyone does it without question.

And PR campaigns that rival any in history
edit on 5-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

Ri sav,
Didn't you mean Shimon, Dick and Barry????
One is a 97 cracker jacks prize winner. Can you guess which one? What for?
later ljb

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
I can't believe we are still arguing over whether they are good or not...

OF COURSE they are a threat to world peace...they claim to be god's chosen people while the rest of us are just considered goyim. on top of that they hold a nuclear arsenal with no oversight, which they feel they can use at any moment and be 100% justified in their actions BECAUSE they are god's people...

That is extremely worrying when laid out so simplistically and accurately. You are absolutely correct in how the Israeli government sees the rest of the world, probably even the U.S. It just shows that any government run by religion, or even any ideology, is dangerous and a threat to peace. A government run by religion can justify any action, whether right or wrong, by saying god commanded it be done. The U.S. likes to use it's Neo-liberal Capitalist ideology to justify any action, in place of a god. (Sometimes the Christian god ISused as the same justification tool.) American ideology holds that we are the chosen ones, as well. How often do we hear in the media, "The best country on Earth," and the most powerful country ever or something along the lines of being the most free nation in the world? We have seen or read "spreading democracy," and "fighting Communists," as justifications for the killing of innocents for state and corporate gain. I guess a Theocracy is just as bad as a Fascist government, since they seem so similar ideologically. The world will have true democracy once people can open their minds and break their social programming. It is slowly happening thanks to alternative media.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by KillThePoor

I agree with your statement that no government should be run by religion.

Infact, I believe my own religion demands a 'no government' type existence. Governments where men form an organized structure to boss everyone around are generally evil structures rife with corruption.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join