It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Organized crime blamed for 160,000 business closures in Mexico in 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Organized crime blamed for 160,000 business closures in Mexico in 2011
By Agence France-Presse
Wednesday, April 4, 2012 16:20 EDT -- The Raw Story

High crime and violence and higher costs like insurance is to blame
for 10's of thousands of business failures in Mexico.

No big surprise.

I wonder how this has affected American businesses there?
Or at least businesses who are suppliers to American companies.

Insecurity created by organized crime in Mexico forced the closure of more than 160,000 companies in 2011 alone, according to the country’s employers confederation Coparmex.

The warning, late Tuesday, came amid raging gangland-style violence across swaths of the country which is blamed for some 50,000 deaths since 2006.

“Organized crime is deteriorating competitiveness… discouraging national and foreign investment, (and) causing the closure of formal businesses. In 2011 alone more than 160,000 companies stopped operating in the country,” according to an online statement from Coparmex President Alberto Espinosa.

I wonder what the unemployment rates are in Mexico ?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Well there is a cure for this. Unfortunately it's not something that can be discussed on ATS
even though it is one of the biggest conspiracy FACTS out there that needlessly costs a staggering amount of money around the world. If there is one thing ATS needs to get it's head out of it's butt about it's debate on PROHIBITION and it's colossal failure.

To the ATS staff ...
edit on 5-4-2012 by HighMaintenance because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by HighMaintenance
Well there is a cure for this. Unfortunately it's not something that can be discussed on ATS
even though it is one of the biggest conspiracy FACTS out there that needlessly costs a staggering amount of money around the world. If there is one thing ATS needs to get it's head out of it's butt about it's debate on PROHIBITION and it's colossal failure.

To the ATS staff ...
edit on 5-4-2012 by HighMaintenance because: (no reason given)

...I am so stealing that link.....

Des

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Sucks for Mexico, but I hope my former employer is one the businesses that closed down. They outsourced to Mexico and put 400 people I worked with on unemployment.....all the will of the Shareholders of the company...which was profitable.

new topics

top topics

join