It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NSA's General Didn't Lie To Congress About Spying On Americans— They Hire It Out To The Isra

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
(that's supposed to be "Israelis" in the headlines but for some reason I'm not allowed to edit the headlines.)
So it seems the NSA are NOT spying on Americans. What a relief! I wasn't sure if I should stop
emailing altogether or take an axe to my dishwasher.

NSA's chief General Keith Alexander was called before Congress last week to testify about the $2 billion Utah Spy Center the NSA is currently building, and he said that the NSA does not have the ability to spy on the confidential personal communications of Americans.

He was testifying before Congress so of course he wouldn't lie. He's under oath.

It seems that he wasn't lying since the NSA hired secretive contractors with extensive ties to Israel to provide hardware and software for 10 to 20 wiretapping rooms in key telecommunication points throughout the country, according to Wired.

I always wondered what kind of lies these people tell themselves so they can sleep at night.
Now I know.

In response to the reports, the NSA told Wired that the agency is "proud of the work we do to protect the nation, and allegations implying that there is inappropriate monitoring of American communications are a disservice to the American public and to the NSA civilian and military personnel who are dedicated to serving their country.

So what is appropriate monitoring?

NSA LIES
edit on 5-4-2012 by orbitbaby because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2012 by orbitbaby because: typo correction

edit on 5-4-2012 by orbitbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Typical, the truth only comes out as a half-truth.

Wonder why this isn't getting more attention?
edit on 5-4-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Ha! 'appropriate monitoring' - insert 'any reason we damn well feel like', May take hundreds of years but it will eventually get to a point where the logfile starts the second your out of the womb and have your 'lifetime monitoring chip' installed. Bloody nosy interfering governments!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

Interesting, reminds me of Amdocs.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I've found that article on TechCrunch.com a few days ago reporting about lies made by NSA, and I'd like to relate more on this. The President claimed there are no abuse going on, but that’s not true either, as I thought.

It gets worse. The Post's report foretastes to the real feast of abuse that is ongoing, day in, and day out. They directly corroborate the story that the NSA is directly tapping the fiber cables of the Internet to divert “large volumes of international data passing through fiber-optic cables in the United States” to its data centers, which is “one of the most serious violations.” The data was then up for analysis. I knew this was happening, but it’s nice to have yet another confirmation of the information. At every turn the NSA has lied and obfuscated. It has dodged, and later been forced to correct the record again, and again (The later has happened at Wikipedia every time, but this is for another story).

There has been a steady drumbeat of bull# from those unconcerned with privacy. What was once perhaps dismissed as speculation and intrigue is now confirmed. It showed the government proof that it had been lying, and was given a statement that essentially read “yes, but.”

The lies and damn lies made by NSA will be covered in the Deconstructing Disinfo & Deflection section.

new topics

top topics

join