It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yay! The Kony Sequel is Here!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
BBC News today:

(BBC) US activist group Invisible Children has released a sequel to its video highlighting the activities of Ugandan rebel leader Joseph Kony.

The first 30-minute film attracted some 100 million views online, but was criticised for simplifying the issue.

The follow-up has been made without input from the group's co-founder, who suffered a mental breakdown following publicity generated by the film.

The film-makers pledged to include more context in the latest video.

www.bbc.co.uk...

I am so pleased that the Kony Sequel is here! Maybe this issue will get some real attention now and not a load of abuse? (p.s. I am being sarcastic)

If anyone can find it then please put the vid on here.

edit on 5-4-2012 by chemistry because: adding link

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by chemistry

Are you serious? Where have you been? First of all, the Invisible Children foundation has been discovered to use most of their funds from donations for themselves. Second, the main star and co founder of said foundation was recently running around California naked and crazy. I say he was high on PCP because if you YouTube "PCP freak out" you'll see the same damn behavior that Russell demonstrated. Third of all, Ugandans themselves have said this is a NON issue, it was back in 2006 but not now in 2012. Kony hasn't been seen in years and life in Uganda has remained peaceful.

Stop wasting you time and your money on this SHAME of a charity foundation. Hopefully you didn't send these people a penny of your hard earned money.

Edit: I see you've edited your post to lets us know you are being sarcastic... phewwwww

On a side note, is ATS running like crap for anyone else? I get this a lot today from this site,

504 Gateway Time-out The server didn't respond in time.

edit on 5-4-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Yes, I'm also getting the 503 service unavailable all morning on ATS. Went to some of my other forums to check from my end, all OK. Also ran scan on my system for malware...nope, all fine here. So, it seems to be localized to ATS.

Des

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Here ya go:

There has been a shift in their message to community activism and supporting the UN P2P resolution which was the excuse used to bomb the daylights out of Libya and hunt down Kaddafi like some kind of wild dog.
I'm sure Western governments would love to see popular support for more intervention in Central Africa but I'm sure not going to give it to them.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I think its great that you can't comment on their video, you can't even give it a thumbs up or down
. They are so afraid of the very real backlash they've caused. The fact that they are still pursing this is suspect.

Phony 2012!
PCP, getting the job done since 2006!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Got to make a living somehow.
I just hate to see so much positive energy from young people being poured in to a less than noble cause.
Notice how they completely avoided refuting any of the allegations and complaints about them.
If you stop believing the tooth fairy won't leave a dollar under your pillow.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The sequel to Ghostbusters was terrible! Most sequels are shameless cash-ins!

Ergo, I'm not giving these folk another 19 minutes.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This "charity" makes me sick.

They're no better than the $cientology cult, suckering people in to give up their cash to fund lavish lifestyles and their personal fanatical projects.

And the religious fanatic at the center of it all, going crazy in the street, is also clearly a closet case.
Just an FYI.

Not that his sexuality matters, it's just that as a gay dude I'm fascinated by the guys who deny it all their lives and have a complete breakdown because of it. What a way to waste a life!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by chemistry

Yay! The Kony Sequel is Here!!!!

There must be some valuable resources that the CIA wants to steal for corporations to make loads of money.

1 part boogeyman
1 part truth
1 part wolf's clothing

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
I think its great that you can't comment on their video, you can't even give it a thumbs up or down
. They are so afraid of the very real backlash they've caused.

That was the only reason I clicked on it. I wanted to leave a "comment".

I guess the opinion if their viewers isn't valuable to them...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by chemistry

I wish people understood the scam this is...

Even my wife was taken in by it.

Took a long to convince her to see it otherwise.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
Phony 2012!

You can download your free poster for April 20th here.

www.funnyjunk.com...

top topics

join