It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boards undergoing service? 503 error constant.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Nice work so far then mate!!

I thought it would already be running on that sort of hardware with the sheer volume of information on here - and its usually VERY fast.

Best of luck with the upgrades, must be doing something right

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Indeed, ATS was overwhelmed by its own awesomeness and exploded, thats just how good it is

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
It looks as though an unusual number of threads suddenly became popular with lots of traffic, which eventually overloaded our servers. Things seem to be better now.

It may be just a coincidence, but I read somewhere else about a thread posted on ATS (that was quickly deleted by the staff) authored by somebody obviously harbouring a grudge. At the end of their post, which included all the usual grievances, they had this to say....

WE ARE ANONYMOUS.
WE ARE LEGION.
WE DO NOT FORGIVE
WE DO NOT FORGET
EXPECT US.

This was posted just yesterday. Could that have something to do with all the malfunctions?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
had a total black out
checked isitdown.com
said it was not just me
just been able to get back on
is everything ok?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

It looks as though an unusual number of threads suddenly became popular with lots of traffic, which eventually overloaded our servers. Things seem to be better now.

We've been considering moving all of ATS to a cloud-based and very elastic service... so it looks like this is a strong indication we need to accelerate those plans.

WOW, the ats trending pages hole was exploited
now that makes a lot of sense. thank you guys
for getting this figured out... that was a little
scary.. thought i lost you guys...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yeah I had this problem too. I tried posting a reply on one of the forums which didn't go through because of "Error 503". I tried for about 30 minutes to get it working again but the site was way to slow for me to even bother with it so I just went off for an hour and a half and by the time I came back it was working fine. Glad the problem has been resolved and there are sure indeed a lot of interesting topics popping up nowadays to keep us ATS users on our toes

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
maybe anonymous has taken aim at ATS...

hehe..but nope, got bigger fish to fry in may

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Seems to be loading a bit sluggish for me, but have not gotten ant 503 or 504 yet. Opened about 30 pages so far since I been on.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Seems to be loading a bit sluggish for me, but have not gotten ant 503 or 504 yet. Opened about 30 pages so far since I been on.

I think after they shut the trending
topics page off the server came
back to pretty much normal.
It went totally down earlier today,
seems to be going OK for now.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Doh, shoulda looked at the time stamps lmao

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Would not be the first time remember " HI John"

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

We've been considering moving all of ATS to a cloud-based and very elastic service... so it looks like this is a strong indication we need to accelerate those plans.

If and when you do decide to switch, how will ATS owners address this issue?

en.wikipedia.org...

Privacy

The cloud model has been criticised by privacy advocates for the greater ease in which the companies hosting the cloud services control, thus, can monitor at will, lawfully or unlawfully, the communication and data stored between the user and the host company. Instances such as the secret NSA program, working with AT&T, and Verizon, which recorded over 10 million phone calls between American citizens, causes uncertainty among privacy advocates, and the greater powers it gives to telecommunication companies to monitor user activity.[43] Using a cloud service provider (CSP) can complicate privacy of data because of the extent to which virtualization for cloud processing (virtual machines) and cloud storage are used to implement cloud service [44] . The point is that because of CSP operations, customer or tenant data may not remain on the same system, or in the same data center or even within the same provider's cloud. This can lead to legal concerns over jurisdiction. While there have been efforts (such as US-EU Safe Harbor) to "harmonise" the legal environment, providers such as Amazon still cater to major markets (typically the United States and the European Union) by deploying local infrastructure and allowing customers to select "availability zones."[45] Cloud computing poses privacy concerns because the service provider at any point in time, may access the data that is on the cloud. They could accidentally or deliberately alter or even delete some info.[

And, will ATS members have an option to completely delete all old posts and to close their accounts if they decide not to continue membership after the switch?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Ive had a particular site moved over into a cloud system, the only thing that was needed to do was to speak directly to the head man (U.S. based) and informed that a group of us on a particular day and time will attempt various intrusion methods. Why i informed them, well its obvious we didnt want to flip alarm bells and red lights. So after a 24hr snatch and grab from the site and two odd weeks later the site was pretty much locked tight. Also keep yourself on a ready mode when upgrades to cloud networks are being conducted and read up on if and how it may affect your site. That's about all i have to say, but yeah, everyone will notice the faster load time responses and you will also see that by load time decrease from your backend. In my eyes, if the site has reached that critical point in web site life that it needs heavy artillery to push the point, then simply do it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join