It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How fake are you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Alright, this is a CONSTANT bother to me. I might bore you at first, so stick with me... It doesn't seem like it, but I really do have a point.

I grew up with the most proudly ignorant types of people--wannabe gangbangers as cousins and ignorant rednecks as other family members. I swear, these people take serious PRIDE in their stupid violent and retarded ways. Love to fight, love to hurt people, and love to act like they're doing it 'for their family', and they swallow EVERYTHING they hear on the news. Your typical ignorant Southern American family... and I was the same as they are when I was younger. And, because my cousins were guys and I was a girl, I had to kick some serious ass in whatever I did for them to take me seriously and accept me, you know... like a wannabe gang. I even fought them once as an initiation thing. It was stupid, but I was 14 and looking for acceptance, so don't judge me. I took pride in the same ignorance and violence, and spoke EXTREMELY stupidly, an accent I can only describe as "redneck-ghetto".

Then, a year or so after I moved away from them, I got involved with new friends--people who weren't pot headed wannabe gangster retards and who actually knew how to speak, and I became more like them... then, met my boyfriend, who's very informed about things that are generally "above top secret"... Conspiracies.

I freakin hated him for a while, because he'd tell me these things--these extremely depressing, horrible, evil things all the time, and it ruined--f***ing SLAUGHTERED--my optimistic outlook on life. Then, I started seeing it--the holes in the logic in the stories on the news, the symbolism, the general constant corruption in the ranks, and people, it PISSED. ME. OFF.

I had always hated authority, but only in a misbehaving teenager "no one's gonna tell me what to do" way. Now, I'm so deep into these things that I can't go a day without finding a new conspiracy, speculating on it, and prepping for it. I feel like I have a lot of ignorant years behind me to make up for--plus I have a family to look after (not so easy to do when you're my age, but whatever).

Now, its safe to say I'm completely opposite from how I was 4 years ago. I have to think deeply about everything--which is extremely frightening and stressful to me, because I never used to allow myself to do that... it scares me. I speak much more intelligently... more or less... and My boyfriend and a few friends are an organisation of teenaged conspiracy theorists who speculate, prepare, and spread the word. I'm totally proud of that, but...

Sometimes, I slip back into my old way of thinking without realizing it... the "it's okay, the world is your oyster, the rules are there to protect you, and everything on the news is true" general outlook--the outlook of most Americans. But my family sees it that way--and I can't just leave my family, because I have little siblings to look after, and I want to make sure they know the truths of the world as they're growing up so they aren't shocked by it like I was. Being constantly surrounded by ignorance and bliss--by the people who taught it to me, the people who raised me--is so freaking frustrating. I'll forget the truths and dark secrets for a while, and I'll become happy, and work hard on my classes in school, and start thinking about jobs and college...

Then a friend will call me up and start talking conspiracies... then I'm like "Oh, yeah... I forgot... this world is evil and everything sucks..." So, first I get angry and depressed, then I get on websites like ATS and start chatting and posting like a banchee and making new youtube videos to make myself feel better, more like I'm taking action when I'm really not, kind of like I'm doing right now.

I guess my point is... between the world we see and the real world, there's always a line. On one side is the world's message and influence, the "everything's fine, you should get an education and a job so you can have a bright future, and meanwhile, the government will take care of you and fairies and pixies and unicorns..." and on the other side is a dark, but truthful voice, whispering all the horrible truths in your ear, every time you look at that pyramid on the dollar bill, or the Roman pillars in your so-called Christian churches under big clay words that spell "A vision for the world" and clay moldings of all the continents... the obvious NWO signals that everyone ignores because they're all in plain sight and no one thinks they're out of the ordinary. And when I see them, that voice whispers in my ear and makes me want to point it out, and scream it to the world, because I'm so frustrated that they can't see anything without being pointed to it.

Sometimes I forget about the truths... and I get drawn off by the dream-like trance the new world indoctrinates you with, and controls you with. I don't want that, nothing pisses me off more than the thought of being controlled. And then, on the other hand, as much as I want to know the truth to keep from being controlled, I hate to hear it. Everything about it angers me so much I just want to kill something... it's hard to ever be happy or hopeful when you're exposed to that information.

Point being, where's the line between making yourself out to be like an all-informed conspiracy theorist and someone who's ACTUALLY taking action? All of us are on these forums to make ourselves feel more in tune with the dark truths, and to feel like we're actually doing something, but when we log off, how many of you store supplies, stock up on weapons, have a plan for every plausible SHTF possibility, and above all, stick your necks out there to open more eyes?

How many of you believe whatever you're told, be it on ATS, or on Fox news? Honestly. And how many of you feel like the thoughts and ideas and the whole world of conspiracies is just online, and when you log off and go to bed, or go to work, it's not there anymore? How REAL is this dark world to you?

I wonder if I'm the only one who has a problem with being led off into the world of ignorance... People like me, who are bred from ignorance, but who try as hard as they can to break away from it, probrably always have this problem... feeling as though the world of conspiracies and the real world are two different things. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Of course I don't wanna believe everything about the h1n1, freemasons and illuminati connections, population control, ect... but looking at the facts in history, choosing not to believe it would be choosing to believe that all the connections linking those things with major world events and monuments are just a million amazing coincidences. I'm not THAT gullible, OR stupid.

Look into the future, taking into account whatever conspiracies, NWO wise or otherwise, you actually believe in. Do you see everything the same way 20 years from now? That you'll have a job and a house and everything is fine?

Or do you see some demented ghost town of destruction, anarchy, death and martial law, centered around the all-seeing eye?

Or something in between?

My point is--how real are you about uncovering the truths, spreading the word, and surviving it? Seriously. Think on it.

Posting on forums with lengthy intelligent words doesn't make us special. Taking action does. Quoting David Icke, "Knowledge is not power... the USE of knowledge is power."

edit on 5-4-2012 by XxNightAngelusxX because: Typo

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
i like were ur heads at, although i wouldn't try an rally the troops on this site, the government is reading every post on here, and if ur not careful u can end up on some bullshhit terrorist watch list.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
How fake am I?
That is the wrong question in my opinion.

What you should be asking is "Is what I claim correct or incorrect?", and seeking to articulate reasons why it is correct/incorrect, while remaining open to counter-arguments.

If the counter-argument can be countered by yet another, keep going until you can find one that cannot be.

All people are real, it's just that most of our ideas and beliefs are fake, including myself.
Admitting we have a problem is the first step to dealing with it.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
It's the quintessential question of...Should I take the red pill or the blue pill...in essence should you be an ostrich and put your head in the sand and walk around with your eyes wide shut or do you travel down the rabbit hole and that reveals the truth. I take the yellow pill. I'm always acquiring knowledge on things but most importantly I acquire the things that will benefit me. I keep a lot to myself because trying to play a charades game or better yet unveil the charades to people who have been blinded by "common knowledge" is usually a waste of time. So I apply what I know to my own life and move myself closer and closer to independence from the powers that be. That journey is what keeps me going, alive, and happy...among other things.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Congratulations on your transformation! It is amazing to read the transition you made, and in such a relatively short time. Some people take their entire lives to come to an understanding, so consider yourself lucky, as it were. But educated, as you found out, does not mean easy. Taking the red pill can never be reversed, and once you know, you will always know.

So to answer your thread title question: ..0% fake. I grew up in a well educated family, and I don't necessarily mean by US colleges.

We are as real as it gets..very loving, welcoming people, but anything but naive. I understood from the time I was little to always question the official story. Maybe it had to do with growing up with a pretty poor, but very intelligent mother. She is a very unique person. Artistically talented and always reading. I get my eccentricity from her. She was always there for us kids, and when life told her she had to work because my dad bailed out, she got creative and decided she was going to work AND be at home with us kids. When other moms were working outside and our friends were latchkey kids, she made an income cleaning, cooking, and sewing for people. We did not have much, but we had we we NEEDED and a little more. We never went without, except maybe excess material goods.
We went to a small Elementary school nearby. I did not find out til later that others called it a "black school" because of a high black population. As if somehow that was negative. I never saw colour as a child...that is something you have to be taught. But it was a good school and the teachers were real and caring, for the most part. Mom was very involved and did everything from PTA bakesales to birthday parties to even being PTA president at one point. One day she had a conversation with the principal, who told her all about "tracks"..how basically students are put in tracks from day one and they will never get out of them. A white child from an affluent neighborhood would be scooted along, sent to the guidance counselor for college planning..but white poor such as myself would be skipped over. This proved true. I tried to talk to my GC about college planning and somehow she never made her time for me in HS. But my white, well-to-do boyfriend was Purdue bound and always had tons of chats with her.
I was always on the outside of the mainstream, and when something would get all popular, I would have a natural distrust for it. This carried into adulthood.
Don't get me wrong, I am not a gothy or emo type. I am just resistant to mainstream thought. I like to dissect ideas and research before embracing.
But I am as real as it gets. I might not expose every aspect of my life to people I know, but what I do present is very real. I find it impossible to have fake accounts online, or troll people. I like to make every word count.

Anyway, bless you and good luck in your evolution of thought! May it serve you your entire life.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Point being, where's the line between making yourself out to be like an all-informed conspiracy theorist and someone who's ACTUALLY taking action? All of us are on these forums to make ourselves feel more in tune with the dark truths, and to feel like we're actually doing something, but when we log off, how many of you store supplies, stock up on weapons, have a plan for every plausible SHTF possibility, and above all, stick your necks out there to open more eyes?

At the present moment I must admit I am making no preparations. I have no supplies, no weapons, no plan. I am merely here to read and soak up information, however my preparations will begin in the coming month. So that line between conspiracy theorist and someone who is taking action lies in front of me, and I'm still standing on the theorist side.

How many of you believe whatever you're told, be it on ATS, or on Fox news? Honestly. And how many of you feel like the thoughts and ideas and the whole world of conspiracies is just online, and when you log off and go to bed, or go to work, it's not there anymore? How REAL is this dark world to you?

The dark side of reality is more real to me than the life I am currently living. Most of the time I feel like an animal in a cage. The dream of a nice house, nice car, nice television and stereo, wife and 2.5 children, hot-tub, pool, summer home et cetera, all looks like a distraction to keep me from seeing the reality outside the cage. The masters outside the cage whisper to me saying everything will be okay, go back to sleep, sit, play dead and we'll give you a treat. I'm no longer interested in the petty appeasement. I want out.

The conspiracy I see is very real, and always present. When I go to work, I'm in it. When I log off, it lingers in my mind.

Look into the future, taking into account whatever conspiracies, NWO wise or otherwise, you actually believe in. Do you see everything the same way 20 years from now? That you'll have a job and a house and everything is fine? Or do you see some demented ghost town of destruction, anarchy, death and martial law, centered around the all-seeing eye?

Or something in between?

When I look to the future I see a shifting haze of possibilities. Glistening utopias, totalitarian dystopias, citizens lining up outside their residences for daily inspections by police armed with assault rifles, entire nations reduced to irradiated rubble, cities reclaimed by nature, new-age spiritualist tribes returning to nomadic lifestyles and forbidding their children to go near the ruined cities which are now populated by barbaric gangs fighting over scraps. I would be most disappointed if everything were exactly the same 20 years from now.

My point is--how real are you about uncovering the truths, spreading the word, and surviving it? Seriously. Think on it.

Not real enough, but I'm working on that.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
How fake am I?

I'm not.

What you see is what you get and I don't write fiction.

First of all, I loved your post and there was nothing boring about it. You sound like a peson who just "woke up" to the real truths about what's going on in the world and you're questioning everything. Including your own convictions. In my book that deserves respect.

Reading your post was like spending the night with you. It was fun and I learned something new. But here we are, the morning after, I respect you and you seem like you need another cup of coffee because there's something else you need.

So here you go honey, here's your coffee with a side dish of brutal honesty. Something I know someone like you can respect.

Keep questioning everything. Remember that there's no difference in the people who blindly swallow what the MSM feeds them and what people like David Icke feed them. They're blindly following someones lead, and just because they believe what they read here, doesn't mean they're more enlightened than the people they call sheep for blindly following the MSM. They're not. A sheep is a sheep and it doesn't matter who the sheperd is. The problem is, they don't see it this way. Most people who wake up aren't really there yet because they are just blindly following a different sheperd.

You mentioned something about education being part and parcel of that big package TPTB use to keep us fat, dumb and happy. If you're talking about the public school system you're right. But look at it this way; everytime you or someone else comes onto this site, or any other where people get to the meat of bone, you're educating yourself. Especially when you deal with people like me because I'm gonna show you where it's at and tell you what it's all about. Something your daddy never did because you mentioned in your post about how you had to fight boys when you were 14 just to "fit in". I have a 12 year old daughter and...........I'm sorry you had to grow up the way you did, but you sound tough. You sound like you came out of it alright. My point is that I think you're turning out OK because something inside you said that education is the way out of sh*t like that. And self-eductaion, in my opinion, is the best road you can take because YOU are in charge of what you learn. Your mind isn't being raped by the system that forces what it wants on you. Keep that up, trust me. Keep being in charge of what you put in your body and your mind and you'll rise above your peers faster than you think.

You also mentioned that you have to keep going back and forth between family and friends, and that the difference in intelligent levels frustrates you. Depresses you even. That you revert back to the way you were just to fit in. You have to stop doing that. You have to be yourself at all times because, really, why you keep going back to your family is for the sake of the kids. Don't let these kids see you flip flop like that becasue they're not going to repect you later on. Stand your ground and keep doing what you're doing regardless of who you're around. Trust me, I don't care how red-neck, backwoods or ghetto your family is, they're going to respect someone who stands by their convictions and stands their ground. You should've learned that when you were 14 right? Just make the connection honey, it's there for you.

And really, that's about all anyone can do right now to let other people see the conspiracies that are out there. Research what you learn, don't take anything without a grain of salt, stand by what you believe in and live it. Not a lot of people do those sorts of things and, while other people may be a little jealous because they don't, at least you have their respect and they'll listen to what you have to say. All we need is ALOT more people to be this way and we might even see a positive change in the world.

Again, you sound and act like you're new to this game and you sound like a good woman......so take all this for what it's worth. You said yourself that you're someone who has always had a problem with authority. Most of the people here are the same way. So if you really want to affect some positive change, don't come across as someone who knows it all and wants to enlighten the world. You don't come across as that type anyway, but I have seen people change that way and it did more harm than good. People like like me tried to show them what they're doing, but they were too far gone on that road that they didn't see it and kept on being reckless.

They eneded up being like Texas women; you can spank 'em all you want but they still won't behave.

Deep down....you sound like a sweet girl so I hope I wasn't too rough.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I thought INTELLIGENCE was the use of knowledge? I once heard a saying that went like this..

"Ignorance begets more confidence than does knowledge"

^ tell me what that means to you.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Just relax and don't worry about things. It's not like the world is going to end.
If the SHTF does happen, it doesn't mean we can't still enjoy life. It may be different but it will be an adventure if you possess a good atitude. Creating anxiety over things isn't good, you don't have to go overboard. I'm not worried about these things, but I still maintain a pantry and we have prepared for some kinds of possible tragedies that occur here. There is no way to prepare for everything.
edit on 5-4-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Everyone is born with two natural fears, "falling and loud noises." The rest are learned. Or better yet, pick your fights. You can't fight everything. You can spend your whole life uncovering conspiracies. Some are important, some are not. It's all a game. Find your passion and go with it. Life is meant to be enjoyed, your choices dictate just how much you will be enjoying.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Congratulations on turning your life around NA

Your post actually gave me hope for the future generations. I think theres alot to be said for those that go off track, only to emerge on the other side wiser & more compassionate for the hard earned experience & lessons only it can offer. To do so in such a few short years is admirable (my own mis-spent childhood & consequences that followed, made my path to the truth much longer!)

I like the way you articulated yourself, & hope that you keep 'spreading the word' & enlightening other kids- the wiser & more informed you all are, the more hope for your future.
As afraid, & depressed this truth can make us, you have a choice in your perceptions. Hold on to the hope & visions of the future YOU want to be a part of, & from there you will begin to create. Direct your energies there & you be will a beacon of light & hope for others.

Being pissed off is a great start-nothing like annoyance to motivate us to create positive change!

Thanks for sharing your story. For what its worth I wish there were more kids like you.
I think you have a great future ahead sweetheart.
Best wishes to you.

Oh, & these days I think I'm running at about 15% fake (still working to get it down! ; )

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

OP what an excellent post.
Personally I find it like trying to live in two worlds. It's so difficult to strike a balance. I don't want to be blind and complacent but I don't want to be worried and depressed all the time either.
I think it's important to try to be in the moment and enjoy the little things. Also we are no help to ourselves or anyone else if we are consumed by negativity. The trick is to see the good all around. And there is, if we open our eyes.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

tl;dr but Fake? Just be yourself...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

when you get to the gritty part of it.....

there is NO HOPE for the "sheep" for lack of better word at the moment...

my friend just like you, i came from a similar upbringing...but here is what you and me have in common...

we SEEKED the truth on our own.... it was a personal experience to drop all of the BS that society wants us to be, and find our true selves...

however the sad part is...once you find or get close to the truth, you find that its a very lonely place...it seems like everyone around you is stuck in some hypnotic trance, and you are the only one "awake"....

so my point is...there is nothing we can do about the others...it must be a journey that they go on personally

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

"A sheep is a sheep and it doesn't matter who the shepherd is."

Nicely said my friend.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I like your David Icke quote. (never thought I would say THAT!) Very similar to what I often say, "Knowledge isn't Power. Knowledge is EMPOWERING."

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bastet11

#, I wish my family was like that!!!

And thank you very much btw, I enjoy the transformation even though its the scariest possible thing I could ever face, and I have to force myself to face it. When the SHTF, those who didn't force themselves to face it will be at fault. I ain't gonna be blamed for that. God bless

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

You are so dead-on right. We're totally on the same wavelength

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jewells

Thanks ^^ I really hope anything my friends and I do will make a difference. I'm really worried about my siblings though, they don't live in the most loving home right now and they receive regular vaccinations and whatnot... basically the environment I grew up in. But, when they grow up a little bit more, they'll see the light too... and it'll be easier for them, cuz I can show it to em

I'm not half as good as I could be btw... but I'm working on that

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys, I honestly didn't expect so much positive feedback, but that makes me happy

God bless

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join