It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we already being physically tracked by a satellite network?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

Originally posted by chemistry
I have this picture in my head (maybe it is crazy, you tell me), of 'officials' sat at a big screen somewhere and thay can tyoe in your name, DOB, ect, and find out exactly where you are, and where you are travelling too, etc. If the chips inside the debit cards are passive, then can a satellite beam enough power down to 'activate' the chips? Can they be tracked?

No, they can't. Read up on near field vs. far field. Buy some aluminum foil if you're still concerned. Anyway, do you really think the government would spend billions designing and launching a satellite to track your credit card from space, when they can just track how you use it here on Earth, or triangulate your mobile phone from the cell network, or park a surveillance van outside your house for a day or two? What are you doing that's so important you think They're watching you, and where are you doing it that you think They need a satellite to get eyes on you?

Actually it's probably more like, "Hey Barlcays, give us a dump of joe blow's transactions for the last five years." Barlcays: "Sure thing boss! How's that purchasing card tender going? Any decision soon?"

The banks want to make it easiest to use their card versus a competitor's card because they make money on the interchange up front, and some of the time, on the interest charged to the cardholder.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
They recently have introduced this in Australia too. I will never use it as I believe it is just an excuse to set up the infrastructure for implantable RFID chips in humans.

How can this technology tell the difference between your card and the one of the person standing next to you that's in their pocket?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Yes. Wouldn't be surprised, according to the US government we are all terrorists

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by chemistry

So basically people can get these readers and walk past anybody and have them steal 15-30$ at a time to anybody carrying this card ?

sounds like a way for people to be stolen from more than helping anybody.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaulHow can this technology tell the difference between your card and the one of the person standing next to you that's in their pocket?

That 4-6" distance which is all you'll be getting. It's fairly unlikely you'd have multiple targets in the interrogator field, but if you see more than one you use ALOHA to pick one out from the other.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
reply to post by chemistry

So basically people can get these readers and walk past anybody and have them steal 15-30$ at a time to anybody carrying this card ?.

I suppose you could submit bogus charges, it's the only way to 'steal from the card', but you'd have to be a registered retailer and pretty soon the fact that all your charges are being disputed is going to surface.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join