It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocket fired from Egypt hits Israeli city of Eilat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Rocket fired from Egypt hits Israeli city of Eilat
5 April 2012 Last updated at 02:04 ET
BBC

It looks like a rocket fired from Egypt has hit an area in the Israeli city of Eilat.

Reports say no injuries.

Eilat is the Southernmost Israeli city. Maps show that it borders Jordan and Egypt, and the Red Sea.

A Grad rocket has landed in the southern Israeli city of Eilat, but has caused no damage or injuries, Israeli security officials said.

District police chief Ron Gertner told Israeli radio the rocket had been fired from Egypt's Sinai peninsula.

He said it struck a construction site close to a residential area shortly after midnight (21:00 GMT).

The blast took place as thousands congregated in the resort town for the Jewish holiday of Passover.

Rocket attacks from Egyptian soil are uncommon. Attacks on Eilat and the nearby Jordanian town of Aqaba in 2010 killed one person and injured another four.

Related ?? ..... Calculated response ??
Muslim Brotherhood delegation meets with White House officials
Some people may even dare to say "False Flag"

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Yawn... wait for it! wait for it!

and in comes the phosphorus carpet bombing campaign called "iron fisted cast lead anvil"...

Like usual...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
woops, carry on!

edit on 5-4-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
Being discussed HERE already.

Edit: You know what? This thread was posted first. Nevermind!
edit on 5-4-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

Yes, This thread was posted 2 and a half hours earlier.

The later one was posted as Breaking Alt News, and moved to Middle East

strange.

ATS was experiencing some server problems around these times.

edit on Apr-05-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
No surprise this happened near passover, as the France shootings took place less than two weeks after purim. My theory is the Jewish holidays coincide with ritualistic sacrifices done by the elite to herd the chosen flock to obey. Just think about how Israel was born out of the holocaust persecution. Fyi more israelis died in one fire at mt. Carmel than ten years of rocket attacks.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Its this is good ..? i mean killing the israili is good..?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kahkashan
Its this is good ..? i mean killing the israili is good..?

Of course NOT

The real question is who actually fired the rocket.

That's assuming one was even fired to begin with !

All somebody had to do was lob a grenade into an empty lot and start shouting.

It's an old old trick.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
So Much for the Iron Dome. FAIL

Iron Dome

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7
So Much for the Iron Dome. FAIL

Iron Dome

But even if the Iron Dome was there,

it can't pick and fire at shadows !

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The responses to this thread make me question the intelligence of the ATS community. This is pretty interesting... Would this be a catalyst to an increased Egyptian military presence in the Sinia peninsuala, to control the border and clamp down on militants, or is the peace treaty going to be placed into jeopardy. You can never tell with the instable government in Egypt, and the right wing government in Israel.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Hopefully the peace treaty gets put into jeopardy, but I doubt it since now the MB is making deals with Washington... If I was Egyptian I would be pissed.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
US and Israel have asked their buddies and pals in the Muslim Brotherhood to make Muslims look evil... You all forgot for a minute how evil Muslims are, they just needed to reinforce the notion in your mind.

Next they will proceed with the giant leap in statements such as "Israel is in danger! We must bomb Iran (and Syria too!)"

(Its certainly wonderful to have nefarious entities on the payroll, and financially beneficial to play both sides of the fence!)

Honestly, do they think the masses so ignorant that Israel could not have defended herself from one rocket? It is in the best interest of Israeli government to allow a few to die.. it furthers the long range goals, although in this case it was not necessary... It will simply mean the American people will cough up hard earned money to further arm Israel.They must need it, they cannot defend themselves from even one rocket!
edit on 6-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I love this kind of approach. Whatever happened - Israel did it! Makes life so easy. Forget that the rocket was found, it is grenade thrown by Israelis. Forget that Sinai is extremely unstable place right now,forget that gas pipe from Egypt to Israel (that feeds Jordan too) there was attacked 13 times in less then a year.
It is just evil Israel trying to paint all? Muslims bad and then murderously genocidally illegally criminally attack them all.
Genius. Waiting for explanation of "Israel firing rockets at itself because they are eeeeevil" doctrine.
By the way, only ones who openly stated that they like they civilians getting killed because it serves the greater goal are .... wait for it.... Hamas!
www.youtube.com...
Israelis, all of them i say. This is why Iranian leadership supports them. Cause they are Israelis too.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
I love this kind of approach. Whatever happened - Israel did it! Makes life so easy. Forget that the rocket was found, it is grenade thrown by Israelis. Forget that Sinai is extremely unstable place right now,forget that gas pipe from Egypt to Israel (that feeds Jordan too) there was attacked 13 times in less then a year.
It is just evil Israel trying to paint all? Muslims bad and then murderously genocidally illegally criminally attack them all.
Genius. Waiting for explanation of "Israel firing rockets at itself because they are eeeeevil" doctrine.
By the way, only ones who openly stated that they like they civilians getting killed because it serves the greater goal are .... wait for it.... Hamas!
www.youtube.com...
Israelis, all of them i say. This is why Iranian leadership supports them. Cause they are Israelis too.

So, it is your opinion that the puppet masters in Washington gave the Muslim Brotherhood 1.3 billion, (how many days ago? Along with clandestine meeting with the Brotherhood in Washington) which all was immediately followed by one rocket (lol... one... from a machine capable of much greater) launched at a construction site at midnight and this had NOTHING to do with the 1.3 Billion and the meetings?

lol... they go hand in hand dear, hand in hand

Remember, we have nothing to fear but fear itself.

It is fear being sold, and people are buying...
edit on 6-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

So, it is your opinion that the puppet masters in Washington gave the Muslim Brotherhood 1.3 billion, (how many days ago? Along with clandestine meeting with the Brotherhood in Washington) which all was immediately followed by one rocket (lol... one... from a machine capable of much greater) launched at a construction site at midnight and this had NOTHING to do with the 1.3 Billion and the meetings?

Muslim Brotherhood is not the only organisation existing in Egypt (and most certainly not a homogenous organisation in itself), not to speak about Sinai. US gives them so much money not as a payment for meaningless single rocket, but to keep them under US influence. Without that money Egypt is going to be in economical disaster because since the revolution situation only got worse in every aspect of economy.
I see no reason for Israel to somehow block these actions by US,since if Egypt will not be under US influence,
it will either become completely unstable or fall under influence of either China or Russia,maybe even Iran.
Nothing to gain,lots to loose.
Political results of that rocket attack are nowhere to be seen. Both Republicans and Democrats supported funding for another iron dome battery even prior to that attack. Relations between Israel and new Egyptian government did not change one bit after it. Nobody blames Hamas or threatenes to strike Gaza.
What Israel has to gain by staging that?
Only ones who have something to gain from it as far as i see it are Sinai tourist industries that are in serious problems and are bleeding Red Sea toruism to Israel and Jordan. By simply paying some Bedouins to fire those things that they usually smuggle to Gaza anyway it will make tourists who were willing to pay much more but feel safer reconsider.
Passover (that started today) is a busy tourist season in the area and lots of tourists (among them many Israelis) went to Sinai prior to 2011.
As for machine capable of much greater thingy - Grad rocket is just 122mm rocket that can be launched from an open field using few metal sticks as a support. ex-Soviet MRL that is the origin for this name is one of the systems using those rockets. Easy mix up.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Hmf, that rocket is a veiled threat. The jews are mulling over ascending Mt Moriah for a Passover sacrifice on the Eve of Passover, and i think this rocket was a veiled threat. It would be the first Pascal sacrifice on Mt Moriah in 2000 years some say. That can be one major reason i would think some islamic militants would fire a rocket to tickle Israel's feet.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Hmf, that rocket is a veiled threat. The jews are mulling over ascending Mt Moriah for a Passover sacrifice on the Eve of Passover, and i think this rocket was a veiled threat. It would be the first Pascal sacrifice on Mt Moriah in 2000 years some say. That can be one major reason i would think some islamic militants would fire a rocket to tickle Israel's feet.

That sure is possible !!

But why only one rocket ?

But then again, maybe only one actually worked

For all we know, there could have been 10 duds

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Only need one rocket to make a threat. Islamic militants hate weapons they actually have to aim, they prefer those fire and forget weapons so no one sees their faces by having to aim the weapon. Fire and forget and wherever it lands is jackpot, because thats what terrorists do, they want you to be afraid.

Going to be deadly when the day comes and they piss the wrong people off. It will be like "you hit me with a flyswatter, i will hit you with a shovel".

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela
lol... they go hand in hand dear, hand in hand

It's so hilarious watching all of you basement dwellers using these catch-phrases, thinking you're so insightful yet not realizing this stupid attitude has no impact on anyone who isn't already an avid Israeli basher.

I happen to live in Eilat, heard one of the two rockets that were already found in open areas.
All of you who sarcastically say "OH HOW CONVENIENT, HIT AN OPEN AREA", probably don't know this - Eilat is a very small city, very easy to miss it completely. Last year rockets from Sinai went past Eilat and hit Akaba (a city in Jordan), killing a cab driver.
Old NYTimes article about it

In August 2010, a number of rockets were fired from Sinai toward Eilat. One landed across the Jordanian border, striking the Red Sea resort of Aqaba and killing a Jordanian taxi driver.

How's that for a false flag? ..

The explosion was of a real rocket, not a grenade or a trick of some kind. As I said, two rockets were already found, one of them only today (Sat).

As for the EEEEEVIL ZIONIST GOVERNMENT STAGING A FALSE FLAG, you folks have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. This is, absolutely, the worst time in a year to stage a false flag in Eilat. Much of the city and the country's income is caused by the mass tourism in the Passover holiday. Leaving Eilat empty of tourists will damage the economy. Many businesses in Eilat, being a tourist city mainly, are working primarily in the summer vacations which are Passover and July-August.
If the EVIL ZIONIST GOVERNMENT wanted to stage a false flag and it was that urgent, they'd choose a less attractive place for tourists in order not to make people run scared back to their countries.

..And lastly, the rocket hit a residential area that is currently under construction. It's an expanded area of Eilat called Shahamon. That does not mean it did not risk anyone, seeing as a Grad rocket is the opposite of an accurate weapon, and places which are inhabited (including a barber shop and two big grocery stores) are as close as 50 meters from the impact zone.
edit on 7-4-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

Well, i'm no Israel basher. I was glad to hear no one got hurt over those piddly rockets. What those islamic militants don't understand is when they attack using weapons like that from another country and fire those into your borders, that is an act of war and an act of aggression and i am surprised you guys haven't mopped the floor with Egypt over that because you are being attacked whats seems to me like a daily basis, while Egypt promises "yeah yeah, we'll deal with it
*fingers crossed*"

That being said, did the passover sacrifice happen on Mt Moriah like the jews were wanting? I read up on the simulation of it at templeinstitute.org and from what i was reading i could almost feel the excitement in the air. I figured muslim would just do more riots to repel the "infidels".

new topics

top topics

join