It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are these 9/11 conspiracies based upon culture rather than fact?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

FYI
Another pearl in the garrat neckless.
Lyndon B's involvement reverberates through out the evil Isreali's modus operandi,

USS Liberty Memorial
www.ussliberty.org/

USS Liberty was attacked in international waters by Israeli forces on June 8, 1967, killing 34 Americans and wounding another 174. The Israeli attack has never

The Cover Up

Despite a near-universal consensus that the Israeli attack was made with full knowledge that USS Liberty was a US Navy ship, the Johnson administration began an immediate cover-up of this fact. Though administration officers continued individually to characterize the attack as deliberate, the Johnson administration never sought the prosecution of the guilty parties or otherwise attempted to seek justice for the victims. They concealed and altered evidence in their effort to downplay the attack. Though they never formally accepted the Israeli explanation that it was an accident, they never pressed for a full investigation either. They simply allowed those responsible literally to get away with murder.

In an ongoing effort to reveal the truth about the attack, the USS Liberty Veterans Association has filed with the Secretary of the Army in the manner prescribed by law a detailed, fully documented Report of War Crimes describing the circumstances of the attack on our ship and evidence that it was a crime under international law. In accordance with international law and treaties, the United States is obligated to investigate the allegations. So far, the United States has declined even to acknowledge that the report has been filed. The full text of the report can be found at www.gtr5.com...

God bless America ljb

edit on 4/13/2012 by longjohnbritches because: pearls

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

In 9/11 there is a special cultural and personal phenomenon – the Debunking. That is the most astounding feature I have learned in the basically scholarly 9/11 discussion. JREF, Popular Mechanics with Jim Meigs and Davin Coburn, National Geographic and BBC acquit industry. What is cooking with these guys?
At the same time, we are witnessing crises at increasing pace with new heights of negligence coupled with fraudulent information. So I think people should question conspiracies – there really is not too much of deterrent to keep the bullies at bay.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Did Aaron Russo, who decided to send a big "up yours to you and your whole cabal" to Nick Rockefeller, upon learning he had terminal cancer, get all his information from Alex Jones, or those "damn fool conspiracy websites"?

Tell me Dave, what was HIS motivation?

video.google.com...

How about George Carlin (bless his soul).... just another fool who got everything he knew from conspiracy websites?

www.myspace.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

In 9/11 there is a special cultural and personal phenomenon – the Debunking.
reply to post by YetSharkproof

The only thing they debunk is stuff like this...

And then there's the 911 slide show on the back of those Talismans the Fed prints that we call money.....

But then they sound like they actually are regular people and say things like this....

In my opinion, yes, it is possible there might have been some turncoats within the US gov't that aided and abetted the al Qaida attack. Turncoats have in fact appeared throughout the nation's history from Benadict Arnold to Tokyo Rose to the Rosenbergs to the Walker family so it's not any stretch of imagination there was treason involving the 9/11 attack. Plus, we've had a terrorist or two here on American soil attempt to blow up something or another so we know that someone out there is up to no good.

And this...

To the second question, in my opinion, no it hasn't even remotely been investigated fully. The 9/11 attack was the most historically significant event since Pearl Harbor so in my mind it should be investigated left, right, up, and down for future generations, and yet we're treating it as if it's something we should forget.

But if you keep paying attention to them you will also find that in the same thread they say things like this......

I know one guy who works for a major university, and there was one custodian there who was such a hardcore drunk that he ran across the campus grounds naked, and the university administration figured that after all the union hearings, arbitrations, reviews, and other union procedures were followed it would take them TWO YEARS to fire the guy. So, they simply transferred him to another university so he'd be someone else's problem. My friend's own boss was a complete and utter incompetent boob who did absolutely nothing but delegate all work to my friend, and everyone has to put up with this because they're unionized and his boss has seniority. ...and these characters are supposedly the ones who were able to successfully sneak into an occupied building and plant invisible explosives with the sheer perfection of coordination and coverup that rivals a supernatural act. Pull my other leg, why don't you.

And like this...

Probably because it's entirely in your own mind that it's the gov'ts fault. All you need to do is do a 30 second Google search to see that other people insist it's all the fault of Mossad, and those people think you're a fool for wanting to pin the blame on a bunch of drunk streakers and slackers when it was really the work of dancing Israelis. So who should we non-conspiracy theorists believe, them or you?

The GoodolDaves of the internet are here for one purpose, and I’m convinced it's not to find the truth about 9/11.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimontheMagus
Did Aaron Russo, who decided to send a big "up yours to you and your whole cabal" to Nick Rockefeller, upon learning he had terminal cancer, get all his information from Alex Jones, or those "damn fool conspiracy websites"?

Ahem...Alex Jones is selling "Reflections and Warnings: an interview with Aaron Russo" on his website. It's a $9.95 value and it can be yours for only $19.95. After all, whenever anyone tells you that everything you know is a lie and they'll tell you the REAL truth if you give them your money, you should always believe them without question.

"Reflections and Warnings" DVD for sale on Alex Jones' damned fool conspiracy website

How about George Carlin (bless his soul).... just another fool who got everything he knew from conspiracy websites?

George Carlin is famous entirely because he was an entertainer, and his personal opinions aren't any more credible than anyone else's personal opinions simply because he was famous. Otherwise, you might as well hook up with the Scientologists and insist all the world's problems are being caused by the ghosts of space aliens murdered by Xenu the galactic warlord because other entertainers like Tom Cruise and John Travolta believe it.

You really have absolutely no idea how badly you're being raped by the con artists behind those damned fool conspriacy websites, do you? I mean, seriously, at what point do you watch characters like THIS and think he'd actually have important information that armies of genuine journalists and researchers who were able to trace the outing of a CIA agent back to the Bush administration can't seen to locate?

I try to treat the conspiracy theorists with at least some level of dignity, but jeez, there are times that all you can do is shake your head in wonder.
edit on 13-4-2012 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxella1

You have made 4,144 posts since 4-4-2009 contradicting yourself. One minute you say truthers are crazy for thinking the government was behind it, and then you say that treason was never investigated but should be because it happened before.

If you're going to be quoting me then I would appreciate it if you would quote me correctly. I don't believe that truthers are crackpots, and if I ever actually said that I openly retract it now. The truthers are, however, horribly gullible, as they openly admit from their own posts that they're going to all these damned fool conspiracy websites run by con artists like Dylan "missile pod" Avery and lunatics like Alex "laughing man" Jones, and they'll swallow all sorts of outageous claims like "lasers from outer space", "hologram planes", and "the world is secretly being controlled by cults of Satan worshipping numerologists" without a moment of critical analysis. Nobody, but nobody, watched what was happening that day and spontaneously wondered whether "the WTC towers were fake buildings". Someone had to have come along after the fact and put the idea into their heads. You truthers are simply the victims in their con jobs.

...and yes, I have always acknowledged there is a coverup. The gov't dropped the ball in their responsibility to stop the attack from happening and either individually or by a concerted effort they're covering up the fact they dropped the ball, 'cause noone in gov't wants to be the one to admit it was their monumental incompetence that allowed a bunch of Islamic fundamentalists to get away with murdering 3000 innocent people...especially Bush, since he was a party boy sent to Washignton to do a man's job so in the back of his mind he probably knows his incompetence was a factor in it somehow. So, yes, there's a coverup, but the truthers don't want to accept my scenario because compared to these stories of sinister secret agents plotting to take over the world, mine sounds boring.

I'm not in the business to entertain people. I'm here to find out the facts of the 9/11 attack and I'm not going to artificially jazz up events with some sexy sounding Hollywood movie script simply because the reality of it wasn't as exciting as I hoped it might be. I admit I may be interpreting the events of 9/11 according to my own culture as I've seen so much gov't incompetence that I can't NOT think the attack succeeded becuase of gov't incompetence, but I can at least give you as many examples as you'd like of gov't incompetence. Can you give me even ONE example of anyone being able to successfully sneak into an occupied building and secretly plant explosives without any of the occupants noticing?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I’m really trying to understand what makes you want to come here and basically argue day after day? Conspiracy theorists existed before 9/11, just here on ATS you can choose from at least a dozen different subjects.

What facts are you trying to learn? And why are looking for facts at one of the most popular “damned fool conspiracy websites” ?

You say “I admit I may be interpreting the events of 9/11 according to my own culture as I've seen so much govt incompetence that I can't NOT think the attack succeeded because of govt incompetence”

If your culture is OK, why are you trying to change other peoples culture?

Are you on a mission to put Alex Jones, and Dylan Avery out of business?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

...and yes, I have always acknowledged there is a coverup....The truthers are, however, horribly gullible, as they openly admit from their own posts that they're going to all these damned fool conspiracy websites

Believing that there is a coverup, regardless of your interpretation of what's being covered up based on your cultural understanding, you can then hopefully understand why people might end up at these "damned fool conspiracy websites (such as ATS, a place YOU have come to because, as you said, "I'm here to find out the facts of the 9/11 attack" from a damned fool conspiracy website no less-oh the irony.) So, anyway, you can understand why people might go to places such as this. They realize they are not being told the truth about 9/11 (and many other things ) and go looking for the truth. Where are they going to find it? Certainly not the MSM so they look around on the web.

And you are right, not everyone has critical thinking skills and believe everything that they read or are told and so end up getting caught in crackpot cul-de-sacs (of which, I am certain that many of these crackpot theories are intentional disinformation to discredit the CT's and further bury the truth.) But critical thinking does not mean automatically dismissing various conclusions because they do not fit in with your world view.Just because someone else's world view differs from yours does not make them automatically wrong.

"the world is secretly being controlled by cults of Satan worshipping numerologists" without a moment of critical analysis

To illustrate my point above, this is the second time you brought this up. But here is what true and open critical analysis really is.

Fact: The same family blood lines have been in very powerful positions throughout history either quietly or very publicly. For instance, it is documented fact that most of the US Presidents are related not only to each other but also to European royalty back to Charlemagne and before. This fact about the Presidents has been on MSM with a young girl explaining her geneology project if that is your qualification for truth.

Fact: There exist secret societies throughout the world, known and unknown, that have had in their membership very powerful people (Skull and Bones, 33rd degree Masons) who have literally been in positions to secretly control the world or at least their corner of it. These often include these bloodline families that have been in powerful positions throughout history to influence and control the course of things, especially through the control of media and banking.

Fact: These secret societies or brotherhoods, have been handed down through history with many mystical and occult traditions that many would consider Satanic. Such societies understand that numbers are vibration and thereby can be used to influence the materium. Numerology plays a fundamental part in the Jewish mystical Kaballah, which also is a strong influence in these secret societies. So unless you are willing to say that generations of Jewish mystics are wrong, numerology does have validity.

These are unarguable facts that anyone can confirm for themselves just by studying history. Considering these facts with an open, critically thinking mind, it is clear to see how one could logically come to the conclusion that
"the world is secretly being controlled by cults of Satan worshipping numerologists"

It is also, therefore clear to see how 9/11 could be an "inside job", how some of the CT's claims could be true. The only reason that I would agree that 9/11 conspiracies are based on culture is the fact that the American culture has been so dumbed down and cowed into believing everything if it is on the MSM, that they are unable to see the truth if it slapped them in the face.

Ahem...Alex Jones is selling "Reflections and Warnings: an interview with Aaron Russo" on his website. It's a $9.95 value and it can be yours for only $19.95.

But that has nothing to do with Aaron Russo and his motivations, the above is on Jones, not Russo, whose "Freedom to Facism" sought truth for truth's sake, not for some degree of material or reputational gain (The man had plenty of money and notoriety for other things and was dying to boot.)

Can you give me even ONE example of anyone being able to successfully sneak into an occupied building and secretly plant explosives without any of the occupants noticing?

The King David Hotel bombing was an attack carried out by the militant right-wing Zionist underground organization Irgun on the King David Hotel in Jerusalem on 22 July 1946.[1][2] 91 people of various nationalities were killed and 46 were injured....The Irgun, considered to be terrorists by Mi5,[6] planted a bomb in the basement of the main building of the hotel, under the wing which housed the Mandate Secretariat and a few offices of the British military headquarters...Subsequent telephone calls from a concerned Palestine Post staff member and the police caused increasing alarm and the hotel manager was notified. In the closing minutes before the explosion, he called an unknown British officer, but, for whatever reason, no evacuation was ordered.

en.wikipedia.org...

Under the wing that housed some British military headquarters. I'm betting security in that building wasn't light. They probably planted it at the same time the WTC was likely wired, the middle of the night.

edit on 13-4-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
After all, whenever anyone tells you that everything you know is a lie and they'll tell you the REAL truth if you give them your money, you should always believe them without question.

I try to treat the conspiracy theorists with at least some level of dignity, but jeez, there are times that all you can do is shake your head in wonder.
edit on 13-4-2012 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

Governments don't even bother to tell you the truth.
Even after you give them over 35% of your income and your IRA.
Yeah, yeah we know you are exempt.
You have been a part of the Damn Fool Report culture so long that a big wad of moss could grow on your HEAD. That could keep it soggy.
a fan? ljb

edit on 4/13/2012 by longjohnbritches because: r

edit on 4/13/2012 by longjohnbritches because: scramble

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I think it all started with the live TV images of the second tower falling.

people all over the world thought "hey, that looked like one of those implosion thingy's"

most people left it at that, and realized it was just a coincidence

others became obsessed with making the facts fit that idea
edit on 13-4-2012 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I think it all started with the live TV images of the second tower falling. people all over the world thought "hey, that looked like one of those implosion thingy's" most people left it at that, and realized it was just a coincidence others became obsessed with making the facts fit that idea

Yep, it had nothing to do with the subsequent analyzing of the video and other evidence, including eyewitness testimony, that led them to the conclusion that it was some sort of controlled demolition.

It is equally valid to say that all of those that continue to desperately cling to the OS are doing so either through naivety, ignorance, intentional disinformation, or because the cognitive dissonance of accepting that the CT's may be correct would make their heads explode.

edit on 13-4-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
I think it all started with the live TV images of the second tower falling.

people all over the world thought "hey, that looked like one of those implosion thingy's"

most people left it at that, and realized it was just a coincidence

others became obsessed with making the facts fit that idea
edit on 13-4-2012 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

1 tower, err maybe 3 no way Jose.
1 plane err maybe 4 no way Jose
1 Norad stood down no way Jose
4 planes no bodies no way Jose
3 camel jocky bulls eyes no way Jose
19 camel jocky dna id's no way Jose
0 trials no way Jose

1 Pull It guy stayed home way
1 guy when the missile
hit the 3 trillion jackpot way
Short implications way
Terrorist leader CIA way
To be continued ljb

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

people all over the world thought "hey, that looked like one of those implosion thingy's" most people left it at that, and realized it was just a coincidence

Yep, the mysterious deaths of all of these people with first hand knowledge must be coincidence too.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join