It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Bad Spelling And Bad Grammar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The truth is in an educated society in America, there is no such thing as bad spelling and bad grammar. Why?

Well, because it's really a specific code by the powers that be that they use to communicate with each other. It's only made to look like bad spelling and grammar because TPTB don't want you to clue in on the fact that they are spying on you and telling each other your every move.

So the one true way to spot a disinfo agent is to look at their grammar. Then you know they're spying on you.

Anything like leet texting and Ebonics are also just another means of code for TPTB.

So beware.

If you don't want to be known as a disinfo agent, USE PROPER GRAMMER!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

So, you are telling me that approximately half of the posters on this site are disinfo agents then?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Or because people are lazy even in how they present themselves and their information on the internet. Some of my friends on messenger I rarely speak to due to their lack of readable text.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Dang cuz! Where do I gets my check from?! Fo realz! Cuz I don put in some work!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
well i am no dis info agent. my problem is i can't type to save my soul!
i peck!
and because of some meds i take i get a little shakey and i hit the wrong key.
i speak the queen's english quite fine and when i'm actually writing on paper my spelling is correct.
i also teach my children how important it is to use proper grammar,and how it affects you in life.
also not everyone on this site has english as their first language.
i agree there are most likely people keeping an eye on this site, but bad grammar does not a 'spy' make.
perhaps i'm wrong!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

It's grammar!

Sorry...I couldn't help myself!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

The truth is in an educated society in America, there is no such thing as bad spelling and bad grammar. Why?

Well, because it's really a specific code by the powers that be that they use to communicate with each other. It's only made to look like bad spelling and grammar because TPTB don't want you to clue in on the fact that they are spying on you and telling each other your every move.

So the one true way to spot a disinfo agent is to look at their grammar. Then you know they're spying on you.

Anything like leet texting and Ebonics are also just another means of code for TPTB.

So beware.

I see what you did there.

So I should probably put on my tinfoil hat, cause I've worked around tons of people with bad spelling and grammar. They've watched me my entire life!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Not to mention all the people that English is not the primary language but a secondary. I think the OP meant this as sarcasm.

LOL, ZOMG WOOT. All are in the dictionary.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I think the OP means that deliberate misspellings can be a code for those who can see.
I think that it could be an interesting project for all the amateur cryptologists to base a phd upon.
But then again it would be akin to pulling the tarpaulin from the crocodile pool over your head.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
zomgzors D4ts tuurble

1 jus faught dey waz stoopid, 1 w1ll be mo4r kareful oh deez ag3nts, fank5 for dah h43dzup

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I think I'll just chalk it up to people having a poor education, or that they're simply lazy. There are those, however, that don't speak English as their primary language, so that may be part of the problem as well. I doubt they're "disinfo agents". I know the federal government is HUGE and completely out of control, but I don't think they're employing that many people with the mandate to hang out on ATS and other sites.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

While this is a good effort at trying to get those who often hurt my eyes on screen to change, it won't work.

You know, txt speak is actually a lot older than you'd suppose, as even in the late 1800's it was frequently used.

www.radions.net...

Atx wam alw fid a way...

Damn you telegraph, you and your 1337 5p34k!!11

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by showintail
Dang cuz! Where do I gets my check from?! Fo realz! Cuz I don put in some work!

Didn't you see the post the other day that detailed those who post such things, are using the shill 101 handbook almost verbatim?

You didn't expect that to follow, did you !!!

PS, we thought you were on leave, this is considered unpaid work if you do it, if not, you need to report to the old dinghy pc lab where betty will sort out your pay slip.

Cheers,

Barack.^H^H^H^H^H^HBob.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I remember years ago, when my daughter was little and in public school on the island of Maui, the educators were baffled that a high percent of children couldn't spell "coat hanger." They spelled "coat hanga."

The reason, they deduced, was that many households used "Pidgin English."

edit on 5-4-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

A pidgin is a hybrid language that is not broad in terms of content and is usually used for specific purposes, i.e. trade, missionary work, etc. A creole, on the other hand, is a hybrid language that is exhaustive (basically is now a stand alone language) i.e. Kreole Liwiziana, and the Hawaiian English from the video.

While it is understandable for these people as well as ESL individuals to not excel in spelling and grammar, I think it is really sad that natural English speakers often cannot form legible sentences in writing.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

This is a joke right? Anyone else see the problem here? Or are you admitting to be a disinfo agent?

new topics

top topics

join