It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I called my local Supermarkets and said "NO GMO!" Occupy the Supermarket!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I called my local supermarket and told them I want more NON GMO products. I will not shop at their store if they don't provide. Then I called another and another.

Why is Monsanto allowed to make laws in congress that says we can't even grow our own food? WHY?! So they can become a food monopoly? If you don't use their seeds you can lose everything, and they have poisoned people in the process? They don't even know the effects of GMO on humans (yes we do but they don't believe scientists who don't work at their facility).

Just like the farmer in the movie Food Inc. he said let the market know what you want and businesses will provide. Right now they seem to think we all love fast food, and that is where the money is...

*SNIP*

TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE are very clear;

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

edit on April 6th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
If you won't shop at supermarkets that don't provide non GMO food, you'll starve.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I will admit I am a sight for sore eyes when I go shopping. I go once a month for the large items and ensure that I take up as much time from employees as possible. I ask questions I know the answers to and have employees help me find the healthiest products, even though I have been shopping at this store for 7 years. When the store remolded this past summer I believe they had me in mind. There are now 4 isles dedicated to organic and gmo free products and an organic section in produce. They have also placed organic in every isle. I do call them constantly to ensure their store brand milk is still hormone free and to ask if they will be getting more local and organic products.

For some it may be a hassle yet if you sit on a main drag and just watch people, the way they eat, behave, and look the new food has taken its toll in the last 20 years. Your dollars make the vote but sometimes the option is not there so then you demand it.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Hunger strike against monsanto. that way when people do die from starvation maybe some of the mass will start to understand. but there are still plenty of organic foods out there to keep your belly full.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

My supermarket already sells numerous products of NON GMO so I won't starve for sure. There are many organic places around too, but with the GOV shutting them down we must get the markets to do the same. They will buy what you tell them you will buy...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Rekrul

Yes there are we don't have a Whole Foods near us, but I am keeping my fingers crossed. Go move your cereal around with a magnet! I have been doing it with all kinds of food. 1 piece of food will swim around with a magnet look it really works (you have to hold a weak magnet there for just a second and then it will begin to move):

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
If you won't shop at supermarkets that don't provide non GMO food, you'll starve.

If they know they're losing business ($$), they have to change what they sell, or THEY'll starve. Its a good start. Good job,OP, s+f.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Perhaps he should look at the nutrition chart and see how much iron it contains.

Nutrition Info - Honeycomb Cereal

Looks like it contains iron (15%).....

Iron is magnetic btw.....

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I am lucky enough to live in a big city. On the rich side of town all the stores provide non GMO options. The only thing i have not be able to find is tortilla's

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

So they can become a food monopoly?

Yes.

Good on you for getting active by the way.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
When I food shop, I put the worst of the worst products in the back of the shelf so no one can buy them. In the coffee aisle it's Aspartame sweetener....right to the back hidden. The soup aisle is a losing battle.

Calling the markets is not a bad idea with large numbers calling them. I like to talk at a high volume when I read the ingredients labels so everyone in that aisle can hear me tell my gf what each ingredient does to the body.

Make shopping for our poison foods fun I say.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

Perhaps he should look at the nutrition chart and see how much iron it contains.

Nutrition Info - Honeycomb Cereal

Looks like it contains iron (15%).....

Iron is magnetic btw.....

I'm not a physicist by any definition of the word. But that means 15% of the recommended daily allowance - which for a female (which is more than a male) would be about 2.7 mg. That spread out in a serving...not sure how much would be in one honeycomb.

Sooo i'm not sure - would such a small amount have enough attraction to a magnet to make it pull?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

This whole GMO thing is brutal all GMO food should be labelled GMO. And of course Monstanto doesn't want that. What reason could they have to not want the labelling of GMO? If they were completely secure in their products they wouldn't mind the labelling. Guh.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
if it's not labeled, how do they know ?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I will admit I also push things to the back. If my kids are with me and ask for things I point out which poisons are in them and why I am not getting it. I have seen a few people change their minds mid decision. My kids know better than most items but when new things come out they have to try. Even my 4-year-old knows its Newman's O's not Oreo. None of my friends will shop with me because I critique their baskets.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Wrong. I don't eat GMO's. There are always places to find non GMO foods.
A local chain in my area has actually responded to the demands and they have an entire isle for organic, GMO free processed and dry goods, as well as organic free ranged meat and dairy and organic fruits and veggies.
The stores do listen.

Newman's O's
Yup, I rarely do processed foods for my kids, but I do get them these as an occasional treat.
edit on 5-4-2012 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2012 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Dude, I eat huge bowls of cereal. That's scary. I know there is metal in there-I just didn't understand it was that much! This is supposed to be a small amount I thought it was microscopic! We are being poisoned on a daily basis. Maybe that is why we lose our senses with our 3rd eye?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

You're my idol! How cool. I bet you can get kicked out of a market for that but awesome for you. I may have to make a few bumps myself from time to time!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jar11

Exactly. Why are they afraid if the products are good for us?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
What is wrong with GMO?

It's the 21st Century. Grow up.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join