It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question/Theory About Building 7 And Other Gov. Buildings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I have looked through many of the 911 threads and have yet to see this discussed but if anyone knows of a thread where it is being discussed I'd be happy to be pointed in the right direction.Now we all have seen the footage of building 7 and heard the references to pulling it. We also know that it housed CIA, secret servive, and many other government offices.

So My question/theory is this; Is it possible that building 7 and other goverment buildings are pre-rigged with explosives to begin with? It almost would make sense to have them wired in case of an emergency where they had to pull out fast and did not have time to steralize sensitive material. I wouldn't put it past the gov. to put such precautions in place. If this were true then how many buildings are there out there that are laden with explosives?

Anyway just a thought that has been rolling through my head. Any Ideas?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I dont know if every gov building with sensitive info in would be rigged to explode, but explosives in server rooms for emergency breach and destroy are absolutely real, but then also those areas are not usually populated (its cold in there!).

In fact some fire suppression systems in data farms, before recent changes to gas type and venting, would kill a person (oxygen suffocation) if the person was in side the server room when the suppression system goes off. So there are certainly methods of preventing larger emergencys that dont particularly give a rats ass about humans caught in the middle.

explosives in gov buildings, probably not "installed as standard" but to entertain the idea they have them, i think thats highly likely.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Think about it - if you have a building filled with "sensitive" materials in different media (electronic, paper, etc.) would you want to blow the thing apart and send the material flying all over lower Manhattan? And once the building is down you're going to have first responders and who know who else wondering all over the site.

No, buildings are not rigged in perpetuity with explosives. Besides the counter logical arguments there a myriad of technical reasons.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
So My question/theory is this; Is it possible that building 7 and other goverment buildings are pre-rigged with explosives to begin with? It almost would make sense to have them wired in case of an emergency where they had to pull out fast and did not have time to steralize sensitive material. I wouldn't put it past the gov. to put such precautions in place. If this were true then how many buildings are there out there that are laden with explosives?

Anyway just a thought that has been rolling through my head. Any Ideas?

A) no they would never pre-rig a building with explosives, because as time goes by any explosives they would use would either deteriorate and become intert, or would become unstable and possibly detonate and destroy the building accidentally. Plus, it poses a danger to the tenants and the neighboring buildings.

B) Building 7 wasn't a government building. It was owned by Silverstein properties and was rented out to companies of many different industries, with only some of them being government. There were a number of insurance corporations there as well.

C) This whole "secretly planted explosives in WTC 7" bit is based entirely upon the conspiracy claims those damned fool conspiracy websites are churning out to make a fast buck off the truther crowd, not on any actual tangible evidence, so asking a question based upon an incorrect assumption is rather moot.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by hooper

Like I said, just a theory. If building seven whas in fact demolished with explosives then they would have had to been pre-rigged taking weeks of work to emplace the charges. I suppose if you placed charges in the proper places all sensitive material could be dastroyed not leaving anything but dust and rubble behind. Just speculation for my curious mind.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by hooper

Probably not so much explosives and more incendiary/thermite type fuels added, to make sure it burn hot and long vaporising any plastic dvds, cds, papers, computer circuit boards etc

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

In so far as sensitive materials, I am not aware of any explosive materials that could ensure that everything you want to protect would be destroyed beyond all possible recovery.

If you were going to spend weeks and weeks, then why plant explosives? Just spend the same time and effort moving or destroying the sensitive material.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by hooper

In so far as sensitive materials, I am not aware of any explosive materials that could ensure that everything you want to protect would be destroyed beyond all possible recovery.

Thermite mixed with c4 comes to mind when I think of this.

If you were going to spend weeks and weeks, then why plant explosives? Just spend the same time and effort moving or destroying the sensitive material.

I mean would they plant them initially upon building or occupying the structure for a just in case type scenario. Sort of in the same manner that we used to keep thremite grenades strapped to our radios in our vehicles in the military in case we had to abandon them.
edit on 5/4/12 by usmc0311 because: poor spelling

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Thermite mixed with c4 comes to mind when I think of this.

That may do a "good" job - but the destruction has to be perfect.

I mean would they plant them initially upon building or occupying the structure for a just in case type scenario.

Never. These buildings were not constructed by super secret government ninjas, they were built by every day working people who would throw a fit if they found out that they were working in a building that was loaded with explosives. Not to mention a million other reasons.

Sort of in the same manner that we used to keep thremite grenades strapped to our radios in our vehicles in the military in case we had to abandon them.

Yeah, but you let others that handle the radio know that there's an explosive device attached to it. Would you hide the grenade and not tell anyone? No, of course not. Plus you're not looking for absolute and perfect destruction, you're just aiming to make the device inoeprable and beyond repair.
edit on 5-4-2012 by hooper because: "not" added

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by hooper

These buildings were constructed by super secret government ninjas, they were built by every day working people who would throw a fit if they found out that they were working in a building that was loaded with explosives. Not to mention a million other reasons.

Do you think that a builder could really ask questions about what type of filler goes in what cavities?

If you were constructing a building with normal works would you have an explosives expert ninja from the gov doing after the works been finished or just grab a construction worker and hand him a few hundred kilos of C4 to place randomly?

come on.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Do you think that a builder could really ask questions about what type of filler goes in what cavities?

Absolutely. Beyond a doubt.

If you were constructing a building with normal works would you have an explosives expert ninja from the gov doing after the works been finished or just grab a construction worker and hand him a few hundred kilos of C4 to place randomly?

come on

Please re-read my post. I provided an edit. I meant to say the buildings were NOT constructed by super secret government ninjas.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

And if the agency out grow their space in the building?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Report: CIA Lost Office In WTC

A secret office operated by the CIA was destroyed in the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center, seriously disrupting intelligence operations.

The undercover station was in 7 World Trade Center, a smaller office tower that fell several hours after the collapse of the twin towers on Sept. 11, a U.S. government official said.

The official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said that immediately after the attack, a special CIA team scoured the rubble in search of secret documents and intelligence reports stored in the station, either on paper or in computers. It was not known whether the efforts were successful.

A CIA spokesman declined to comment on the existence of the office, which was first reported in Sunday's editions of The New York Times.

The New York station was behind the false front of another federal organization, which the Times did not identify. The station was a base of operations to spy on and recruit foreign diplomats stationed at the United Nations, while debriefing selected American business executives and others willing to talk to the CIA after returning from overseas.

The agency's officers in New York often work undercover, posing as diplomats and business executives, among other things. They have been deeply involved in counter-terrorism efforts in the New York area, working jointly with the Federal Bureau of Investigation and other agencies.

The CIA's main New York office was unaffected by the attacks, but agents have been sharing space at the U.S. Mission to the United Nations, and have borrowed other federal government offices in the city.

The agency is prohibited from conducting domestic espionage operations against Americans, but it maintains stations in a number of major United States cities, where CIA case officers try to meet and recruit students and other foreigners to return to their countries and spy for the United States.

The New York station was believed to have been the largest and most important CIA domestic station outside the Washington area.

Sounds like some shady ass # went down in Building 7

new topics

top topics

join