It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thought from the peanut gallery.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Hi.

I have only been a member for a short time. I enjoy being a member so when I noticed several long time members take a leave of absence I began to wonder why.

I like to start new threads. If I see something strange or interesting I like to share it and get opinions from other members. I thought that is what this was all about. More often than not the comments are so destructive and negative toward the ‘op’ or topic that I’m starting to think why bother. Maybe they started feeling the same.

Sure some of my theories are a little out there. They are just ideas. If you don’t agree that’s fine it would be a boring world if we all agreed on everything. When you don’t agree why not explain why you feel the way you do. Perhaps begin a counter thread proving why what you believe is correct.

Another thing I don’t understand is why people click on a topic when they obviously have no intrest in the topic.

You people know who you are. Right now I’m sure you are smiling.

There is a popular title for the person I have described. Never used it in a thread or response and I have no intention of using it now.

It’s a free country and as far as I’m concerned you are free to type your moronic replies until your fingers bleed. You see if I try to prevent you from posting that would be a type of censorship. That is wrong.

The point of this is think a little about what you reply in a thread. Think of what message you are sending. What you post says more than you may think about who you really are.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

you are new, you haven't got a horny skin yet.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Which is exactly why I don't participate in any of the conspiracy threads. "How can you be sooooo stupid, you noob?"
That gets old real quick.
I still think ATS has many valuable members and there is much to learn here. But I, for one, will not waste my time in a slanging match with people who think they KNOW it all. No one learns anything that way. I garner what info there is to be had and do my posting in BTS.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Which is exactly why I don't participate in any of the conspiracy threads. "How can you be sooooo stupid, you noob?"

That example, would be a violation of the Terms and Conditions.

It's fine to attack a person's views and issues, and points, but personal attacks are against the rules, and should be reported.

As for those leaving, life gets a bit crazy sometimes. On any forum, you'll see long time members occasionally leave. Such is life.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

More of an example of the attitude than an actual comment. I realize the mods are on top of that sort of blatant behavior.

new topics

top topics

join