It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Bazillion reasons why Wikipedia is not always the best source.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Phthalic anhydride is the organic compound with the formula C6H4(CO)2O. It is the anhydride of phthalic acid. This colourless solid is an important industrial chemical, especially for the large-scale production of plasticizers for plastics.

In 2002, approximately 4.6 bazillion kilograms were produced.[1]

Link

I just thought this was a little funny.
edit on 5-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

The Wiki on Bazillion

I tend to use Wiki because of the convenience, and I do try and check sources first if I have the time. It saves tracking down and going through multiple sources. Often Wiki is in the neutral area, (not too great, not too terrible)

bazillion
A hell of a lot of said thing, but still a slight over exaggeration as to the actual amount.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Fixed

Thats the beauty of Wikipedia - its also easy to fix mistakes and vandalism due to its open access, and serious editors always have bigger determination than vandals.
Wikipedia is pretty reliable even compared to classic printed encyclopedias: Reliability of Wikipedia

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
Fixed

Thats the beauty of Wikipedia - its also easy to fix mistakes and vandalism due to its open access, and serious editors always have bigger determination than vandals.
Wikipedia is pretty reliable even compared to classic printed encyclopedias: Reliability of Wikipedia

Hey, very cool.

Although it was funnier when it was bazillion tons being produced every year.

join