It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poland to ban Monsanto’s genetically modified maize, Yet another EU Member to reject Monsanto.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Poland to ban Monsanto’s genetically modified maize

WARSAW — Poland will impose a complete ban on growing the MON810 genetically modified strain of maize made by US company Monsanto on its territory, Agriculture Minister Marek Sawicki said Wednesday.

“The decree is in the works. It introduces a complete ban on the MON810 strain of maize in Poland,” Sawicki told reporters, adding that pollen of this strain could have a harmful effect on bees.

On March 9, seven European countries — Belgium, Britain, Bulgaria, France, Germany, Ireland and Slovakia — blocked a proposal by the Danish EU presidency to allow the cultivation of genetically-modified plants on the continent.

Seven days after that, France imposed a temporary ban on the MON810 strain.

Talks on allowing the growing of genetically-modified plants on EU soil are now deadlocked as no majority has emerged among the 27 member states.

www.rawstory.com...

Well, All i can say is at least some one is making the right decision, Were looking at practically all the EU off the Monsanto band wagon, Thank god.

Hopefully this will send the right message to Monsanto and get the idea into their thick skulls that Nobody wants their ridiculous GM crops

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I don't know. They're either extremely delusional, or they have a very long-range plan. Probably the latter....

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Probably Both

Second.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Based off the lack of interest and replies on this thread, I have to think that:

A) People don't care, or
B) People here don't realise or understand that maize is corn.

Maybe you should have clarified that maize is corn?

Anyway, hopefully the EU stinks & keep the big finger to Monsato!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
For me it is big surprise because Poland was long time one of strongest supporter of US foreign policies (GMO advertisement is one of those). On other hand Poland have vast agriculture and maybe more and more farmers go to roots after Bolshevik nonsense. Probably something significant happened in this respect because there are prosecutions around secret CIA prisons. Maybe Poles political elite is fed by US imperialism in general.
edit on 6-4-2012 by JanAmosComenius because: grammer

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
reply to post by TedHodgson

Based off the lack of interest and replies on this thread, I have to think that:

A) People don't care, or
B) People here don't realise or understand that maize is corn.

Maybe you should have clarified that maize is corn?

Anyway, hopefully the EU stinks & keep the big finger to Monsato!

I care. A lot.

Three reasons to care:

A) Our health

B) It's killing the bees

C) It's rare to see nation-states do anything GOOD these days.

This is GOOD news!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentThundersGF

You couldn't be more correct however it would seem on a scale of 1-10 this thread has scored a 2 in the how much anyone on ATS actually gives a damn, They would rather discuss more important things like the "Look at what my wife posted on another mans Facebook page." thread rather than getting involved in such an important topic, However I'm glad you see the need for the awareness of what Monsanto is attempting

edit on 6/4/12 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

You couldn't be more correct however it would seem on a scale of 1-10 this thread has scored a 2 in the how much anyone on ATS actually gives a damn, They would rather discuss more important things like the "Look at what my wife posted on another mans Facebook page." thread rather than getting involved in such an important topic, However I'm glad you see the need for the awareness of what Monsanto is attempting

edit on 6/4/12 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

When I did a search before I posted my other thread your thread didn't come up (??). But one of the other monsanto threads did, from February:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It got 138 flags so I think ATS cares.

Maybe the problem is you put this one into the "off topic" boards? You should have put it into the "general conspiracies" board maybe.

I don't know, there are so many boards on ATS sometimes its confusing...

Thanks anyway, wherever the information is it should not be ignored!
edit on 6-4-2012 by SilentThundersGF because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I agree, bloody hard to get Archiving on here right though

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Other reason is that Europe is "far" from USA and who the hell know if Poland is even in Europe
People do not realize that we are in global war and tend to stick to "domestic" problems. They do not realize that people on other side of globe face same problems stemming from same roots.

top topics

join