It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Titanic was the Olympic.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
One of the points that the makers of the "documentary" tried to make was that Titanic intentionally hit the iceberg. There was much discussion of the ship's turning radius and stated that Titanic should have been able to miss it completely, which is a true statement. I will explain why she didn't.

First Officer Murdoch was the Officer of the Deck and incharge of Titanic at the time of the collision. He ordered the helm "Hard to Port." This is a hard left turn. This could have been enough for the ship to make the turn. Now comes the mistake......

At the begining of the turn, with the ship moving ahead at full speed, he ordered "All Back Full."
This caused the engines/ propellers to go from turning full speed in the forward direction, to turning at full speed in the reverse direction. This creates a HUGE amount of cavitation (en.wikipedia.org...), keeping the propellers from being able to bite into the water, also decreasing the ability of the rudder to do its work. This easily doubles the turning radius of any ship.

Hind sight being 20/20, the correct action to be taken to cause a multi-screw vessel to turn faster in a direction is to slow, stop, or reverse the direction of the screw on the side of the turn, leaving the other screw at its current speed. This has the effect of creating a drag, and aiding the rudder in making a tighter turn. So the order of "Port Back 1/3" would have created the most drag and the least amount of cavitation to allow the turn.

Just some FYI for those that maybe interested!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch
i might buy this theory if the boats were identical but they were not
click on the link below and you will see all the differences ,there is no way they could have changed all that around

www.freewebs.com...

How do you know? the majority of photo evidence is of the olympic, some people point to photo evidence of the wreck of the wheel house and its differences. really? this work would have been cosmeticaly altered changing the facade, the wheel house was wooden. portholes etc. depending on what pics you see, it has been proven that towards the titanics completion the olympics outward appearance gradualy became aligned to her sisters. All the running gear was interchangeable.
Anybody doubting this theory's plausibility is seriously underestimating the full extent of the workmanship, talent and professionalism of the people of this time period.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Having no knowledge of the Titanic and what happened (other than it hit an iceberg and sunk on maiden voyage), the OP's video and further searches do seem to suggest a conspiracy to intentionally sink the ship.

- J P Morgan cancelled his trip last minute

- Ismay ignores Iceberg warnings

- Ismay pushes the captain to speed up the ship despite knowledge of these warnings

- Over 50 first class passengers cancel their trips

- Over 100 crew refuse to take the trip

- The fact that the ship was going to cost a lot to repair and it was easier to sink it and claim the insurance

- The fact that 3 very powerful people opposed to the Federal Reserve were on board and died

- The fact that the very next year, the Federal Reserve somes into existence

- Also both Morgan and Astor has interests in Tesla

I just think there are too many coincidences to say this was a random accident.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

what has tesla got to do with this?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by repeatoffender

click on the link below and you will see all the differences ,there is no way they could have changed all that around

www.freewebs.com...

How do you know? the majority of photo evidence is of the olympic, some people point to photo evidence of the wreck of the wheel house and its differences. really? this work would have been cosmeticaly altered changing the facade, the wheel house was wooden. portholes etc. depending on what pics you see, it has been proven that towards the titanics completion the olympics outward appearance gradualy became aligned to her sisters. All the running gear was interchangeable.
Anybody doubting this theory's plausibility is seriously underestimating the full extent of the workmanship, talent and professionalism of the people of this time period.

OP, interesting to see that you still aren't willing to admit defeat here in light of the totality of circumstances and physical evidence. It's pretty clear that the Titanic was the Titanic, the Olympic was the Olympic and the Britannic was the Britannic. Seems that it can be difficult to "all stop" or "all reverse full" when this iceberg is your baby. I wonder what kind of specific evidence you will accept as definitive proof that the thread's premise is false? I suppose your theories are technically possible, maybe even plausible, but so very highly improbable. Perhaps a guided tour, and forensic excavation, of Titanic's wreckage in a submersible with Jim Cameron would be enough to convince you otherwise Hahaha.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BULLPIN

Originally posted by repeatoffender

www.freewebs.com...

OP, interesting to see that you still aren't willing to admit defeat here in light of the totality of circumstances and physical evidence. It's pretty clear that the Titanic was the Titanic, the Olympic was the Olympic and the Britannic was the Britannic. Seems that it can be difficult to "all stop" or "all reverse full" when this iceberg is your baby. I wonder what kind of specific evidence you will accept as definitive proof that the thread's premise is false? I suppose your theories are technically possible, maybe even plausible, but so very highly improbable. Perhaps a guided tour, and forensic excavation, of Titanic's wreckage in a submersible with Jim Cameron would be enough to convince you otherwise Hahaha.

This thread isnt about win or defeat, this thread is about entertaining an idea, if the people of the early 20th century were capable of building the ships of the white star line, especialy of the olympic class. then obviously they were cabable of modification.
sarcasm is the weakest form of humour for the simple minded

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by repeatoffender

Do tell, what's the highest form?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

what has tesla got to do with this?

Lord Astor was a close friend of Tesla, and Morgan had interest in him.

Tesla, some say, had created free energy in the early 1900's. Morgan put down his research, whereas you could argue Lord Astor would have encouraged the science to be developed and more widespread.

The elites make more money with oil and gas etc being the main source for our energy- namely they make more money that way if they control it, whereas lose profit if free energy was available.

You could take the above and research the various parties and Tesla himself to come to your own conclusion on that aspect.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I know all that stuff butwhat has it got to do with switching the olympic and titanic?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
This article by no means changes anything, but is interesting all the same.

www.chrisroubis.com...

I have spent a lot of time reading etc on this, I suppose if I am honest, to back up a "hope" that the OP title thread was true, but I have simply come to understand as a complete amateur, that this subject has been the lifes work of some people, and it is to those better educated in this subject that we should listen to. Sure, any significant findings they may have made could have been "silenced" but I doubt it.
I do understand though, that whenever JP Morgan crops up, there may well be another agenda, and somehow it does "fit together" if not by using hard evidence, then under the surface. A gut feeling.
Now many of the records have been made public, something may come to light but the place I stand now is erring towards maintaining a level of respect for those who lost their life and admiration for those who were brave enough to make a difference and save lives. I have no idea how I would have reacted if I were there, and I doubt anyone else would.
I run a small bookshop, and the level of interest in my part of Ireland is amazing, by young and old alike. (books sold)
The anniversary will be a painful day for a lot of relatives, but they will get through with a level of dignity and pride. We should bear that in mind.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildturkey724
reply to post by repeatoffender

This claim has been proven wrong time and time again. The Titanic and the Olympic were built at the Harland and Wolff shipyards in Belfast Ireland. Harland and Wolff assigned hull numbers to all their vessels to ID them and to match up the fittings. The Olympics hull number was 400 and the titanic’s was 401. All ship fitting had the hull number stamped on them to show at the ship yard which vessel they went to. Many many fittings have been recovered from the Titanic wreck site and they have all had the number 401 stamped on them. So unless they went to the trouble of changing the number on all the ships fittings this claim is completely bogus.—Source. ME..I have been obsessed with the Titanic longer than I care to admit.

proven wrong but witnessed by many.... how do you support that it was most defiantly the titanic? you don't fathom the thought of the biggest insurance fraud in history? first we learned it had a small rudder couldn't turn in time, then too fast, then captain was drunk, then cursed for saying god cant sink the ship, then the adverse listing to port from madian dock to death.... but your opinion has no backing as does the one who posted this info as mealy informational... Or did you just want to get heard?.... we all do... I bet I did 8-)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I know all that stuff butwhat has it got to do with switching the olympic and titanic?

Well...

If Astor wanted to keep funduing Tesla, that was just another reason to get rid of him and for Morgan to be the main man funding him.

You have got to remember these people will plan this stuff over many months, and things pop up that offer opportunist value (similar to how removing the asbestos in the WTC would have cost a lot of money, there's often a kill two birds in one stone theme)- let's say they figured the Olympic was going to cost too much to repair, or basically it would be easier to focus on the Titanic and sink the Olympic for the insurance money. By switching the two, the newer build stay operational the Olympic sinks in the middle of the Atlantic, plus they get the insurance money and also get rid of the competition.

That's why Tesla comes into it, because that was ANOTHER reason for Morgan to get rid of him. It's not THE reason, it is just another part of the puzzle that makes this very hard to see as an accident. Once you start joing the dots, it's hard to deny many conspiracies.
edit on 13-4-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Oh shock horror.
Just imagine how different the history of civilatization as we know it would have played out if a large ship called the Olympic had sunk after striking an iceberg.
OMG, they would have had to change the name of that movie with Leo.

Get a grip.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlutterByte
Oh shock horror.
Just imagine how different the history of civilatization as we know it would have played out if a large ship called the Olympic had sunk after striking an iceberg.

Get a grip.

What's your point?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Take a block of ice.
Hit block of ice with ANY metal object or tool you like.
Watch the metal be completely destroyed by the frozen water!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Slightly off topic but funny how in Greek Mythology the Olympians defeated(sunk) the Titans.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I stopped at page four, But I can see how this could be true and I will leave my opinion of it there!

But I want to touch on those debunking using the steel stamps. This is why I say I stopped at page four, No one has stopped to think for a moment.

I heard did they go through and change all the stamps on the steel. NO they didnt that would be stupid. But a quick and easy document change is not!

Who is to say, if this conspiracy is/were true, that the papers from the Olympic showing that it receives steel stamp 400 and Titanic receives steel stamp 401. were not swapped later on in history. To give bases that the ship that was finally found then finally allowed to be explored were not swapped after the announcement or right before.

Using the steep stamps match PAPER WORK is a poor theory as we know very well how easy paperwork gets screwed up on a daily governmental level! Then to counter with "did they change the stamps on the steel also" is just smart ass commentary!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I like the theory presented in part 4 that the Government itself was complicit in the sinking.

It looks like, TOO BIG TO FAIL may have had it's start with The White Star Line.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

Originally posted by FlutterByte
Oh shock horror.

Get a grip.

What's your point?

The name of the ship is irrelevant - it does not change the fact that it sank and people died. If you say it was an insurance scam, do you really think the Olympic was not insured?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Have created a thread which took me a year of bookmarking links in relation to all things titanic...
A year of Titanic

But what I have also done is tried to discuss the porthole mystery..
Olympic had 16, Titanic 14, according to the video that is posted in the OP.
But, I have found some photos that contain only 15 and have also provided one photo of the Titanic being built with 14 portholes and the photo of it at portsmouth with 16.

It's the 15 holes that are now baffling me...

I've said in my thread that I was wondering if someone was deliberatley doing some whistle blowing by not editing negatives correctly in order to show the right/wrong amount of portholes..

The plot thickens.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join