It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Titanic was the Olympic.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by repeatoffender

Thanks for posting this

Certainly will watch it tonight,hence the fact I'm a bit busy editing videos for youtube.
I always believed that it was a bit weird that the Titanic that was unsinkable suddenly sinked and not only that somehow did not have enough boats.Also I wanted to point out that im preety sure that women and children went on the emergency boats. So the shortage maybe was made so those special characters die?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by repeatoffender

Originally posted by nineix

I'm not sure what to make of this.

I, as well as I'm sure many others, would be quite interested to see some sources linking photos to the letters "M" and "P you are claiming were covered up with other letters that have since supposedly fallen off.
If such is shown in one of these videos, it'd be proper nice and accommodating were you to point out which one, and where about on the tick such can be found as opposed to having to sit through how many hours(?) of something many of us may currently be only marginally interested in.

Such highlights and smoking gun type bullet points could very well set the hook on this bit of bait you've laid out. However, if the hook has no meat, some of us aint biting.

edit on 5-4-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

What the Heck is this pic supposed to be?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
This is all garbage! I'm sorry but some of you people would believe a dog laid a 48lb turd. I'm so tired of seeing this website be destroyed by just pure an utter non-sense. If it's not crap like this, its people copying and pasting threads they seen over at other websites like GLP..Just stop with this madness!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
This is all garbage! I'm sorry but some of you people would believe a dog laid a 48lb turd. I'm so tired of seeing this website be destroyed by just pure an utter non-sense. If it's not crap like this, its people copying and pasting threads they seen over at other websites like GLP..Just stop with this madness!

Well, your name truly does represent your personality. Would you care to enlighten us on what your opinion is regarding the Titanic, rather than just mock the OP for posting an interesting documentary, and bringing this to the attention of some ATS memberse.
edit on 6-4-2012 by daaskapital because: eta

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sigung86

Did you even read the thread or watch the videos?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86What the Heck is this pic supposed to be?

I assume it's the picture taken from the "titanic" wreck lying at he bottom of the ocean. It clearly shows the M left in the picture, followed what is likely to be a P. Not being to familiar with large cruiseliners myself, I have no clue what words and letters were engraved on the bow of the titanic, but I'm going to assume only the word "T I T A N I C" would be present.

Clearly the letter M shouldn't be there, and thus if the photograph is proven to be authentic (Not sure if it is), we can conclude that the ship that sunk wasn't the Titanic, but rather another ship with the letter M in it's name, most likely the Olympic.

Hence the conspiracy theory.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
OK, posted some earlier. This concept is interesting....and I suppose on the outside even possible, but I think EXTREMELY unlikely.

A previous poster stated everything that has ever been brought up has the Titanic's model/serial number. If so that pretty much clinches it. The Titanic was the Titanic.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rendier

I assume it's the picture taken from the "titanic" wreck lying at he bottom of the ocean. It clearly shows the M left in the picture, followed what is likely to be a P. Not being to familiar with large cruiseliners myself, I have no clue what words and letters were engraved on the bow of the titanic, but I'm going to assume only the word "T I T A N I C" would be present.

Clearly the letter M shouldn't be there, and thus if the photograph is proven to be authentic (Not sure if it is), we can conclude that the ship that sunk wasn't the Titanic, but rather another ship with the letter M in it's name, most likely the Olympic.

It was already pointed out that in certain places the word "Olympic" maybe ingraved on the Titanic, as Titanic was an "Olympic Class" Vessel. I don't know where on the ship the picture is supposedly taken. And either way, it's not that clear whether that is an M&P or an N&I.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
That picture is pretty weird. I doubt it is a real picture. For me, it seems like a (sord of) bad 3d, with clumsy bump mapping and some weird bevel effect on those M and P.

Corrosion would have taken its toll on the covering letters, ok... but it would have also taken its toll on the M and P...

Im usually not a hard core debunker... but in this case, the M should be a lot less "sharp".

I did a lot of 3d work and if it was me, I could do a better job actually... for me this picture just doesnt feel real specially the animation that ends with the showing up of the letters.

Disclaimer: About the whole conspiracy, it kinda makes sense... I'm just addressing the picture of the letters.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Here is a series of screenshots from the video I posted earlier. It clearly shows TITANIC.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rendier

Don't see either one.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by sigung86

Did you even read the thread or watch the videos?

Yes... And after one hundred years under water, i don't believe you can validate, other than by people saying,, I feel like, and so on. That any of this happened. Much like the photo above of the "M' and "P" on the name... Can't see it. Not trying to be an ass, so your funny face was a little premature. l simply feel that we need to keep all this honest. Aaaannnd... I don't feel that we are with all the people being so excited over so little real evidence.

So you understand Bubba, i'll state it a bit more basically, and clearly assuming you will read this. I'm not really greatly offended by your cutesy little face... Just a little in that you have no idea of what or who, or why I'm here. Secondly,I wouldn't mind if it were true. Just want some real evidence, and not a lot of keyboard concepts.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The more I think about it, the more that M looks photoshopped. This theory goes on hold until a separate science team can prove or disprove the video and stills shown in the video.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Sseens like a ton of money to waste just to kill a couple people. I'm on mobile right now but ill watch vids when I'm home.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

I am in agreement with Wing Commander.

Also I have a problem with the statement that there is white paint found beneath some of the chipped black. No one seemed interested in the fact that vessels get primed before being painted as well.

And, the theory that the swap happend over a weekend! I almost fell over when I heard that. It is just plain rediculis! That would be like going into two high rise bldgs that all of the resedents have left for a weekend, taking all of there stuff and swapping it between the two buildings, and putting EVERYTHING in the EXACT same place and know one notices!

Something else that I found out just today. (even though the I have read everything that I could possible find on Titanic) Thomas Andrews engineering notebook had been released back in early 2000, and it was found that Titanic and Olympic, as well as Britanic had three propellers (screws), All three of the Titanic's screws were 3 bladed. The Olympic and Britanic both had 2 three bladed wing screws, with a 4 bladed center screw. The pitch of the screws also differed by quite a bit.

Interesting video, though. Finding a conspiracy to fit the facts. I was unable to find anything on the telegraphs from the Californian to Titanic, other than an ice warning.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWorldSpins
Sseens like a ton of money to waste just to kill a couple people. I'm on mobile right now but ill watch vids when I'm home.

Actually they made alot of money if this theory pans out, the Olympic wasn't as insurable because of the extensive damage. One of the more compelling things for me was the portholes and window spacing and the list to the left, it's photographed pretty well and hard to debunk really. I don't know about the photograph's authenticity, but it sure looks like a M and a P to me. Maritime insurance fraud was rampant, and the people involved like J P Morgan, hell no I wouldn't put it past them. It was nice of them to have a cargo load of wool sweaters waiting for them though.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Very interesting, but where would they hide the real Titanic if this is true?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Dionisius

at the time they would of thought the middle of the atlantic ocean would be a good start as even if they had could record the rough position the ship would have had to float to its final resting spot and would of been affected by undersea currents making it pretty much impossible to locate and at those depths there was nothing at the time that could even go near it

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

Not only was Pearl Harbor the 9/11 of the 20th century but when was 9/11 predicted in fiction?

2nd

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Submarines

Incorrect. Titanic's center propeller had 4 blades.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join