It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Titanic was the Olympic.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
this is strange i was watching a youtube video and they were talking about the same thing just not that indepth.it would not surprise me if it were true.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I love the theory that the Titanic was sunk by a bomb or deliberately sabotaged. Astor was on the ship, and he wanted to develop free energy with Tesla.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

The sinking of the Titanic was the "911" of the early 20th century, in terms of "shock and awe". And just like 911, it was "predicted" in fiction...

The Long Kiss Goodnight .. 9/11 ... interesting scene from 1996

still incredible the Titan & the Titanic Fate ... Fiction and Reality Collided on this One

Futility, or the Wreck of the Titan
en.wikipedia.org...

a Prediction to Whom had this Book ...

What is Really Strange is Not Only the Arthur Morgon Robertson Predicted this

He Predicted the War of the USA & Japan in 1914..

In 1914, in a volume that also contained a new version of Futility, Robertson included a short story called "Beyond the Spectrum", which described a future war between the United States and Empire of Japan, a popular subject at the time. Japan does not declare war but instead launches sneak attacks on United States ships en route to the Philippines and Hawaii; an invasion fleet about to launch a surprise attack on San Francisco is stopped by the hero using the weapon from a captured Japanese vessel. The title refers to an ultraviolet searchlight used by the Japanese, but invented by the Americans, to blind American crews. Some readers have compared the searchlight's effects (blindness, intense heat, and facial burns) to those of the atomic bomb.

Morgan Robertson == Other works
en.wikipedia.org...

The Change Switch The Known Difference between the Olympic & Titanic !!

Is................................

1) The Caffe Restaurant 1st class
2) the First class Suite with Decks top Floor on the Titanic .. The Olympic Didn't
3) Turkish Baths Layout
4) Windowed Promenade Decks on )A( Deck
That i can Remember

tho all can be altered for the Switch ! but for why ?

edit on 6-4-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
I don't buy this. Thousands of men working in the shipyard would have known.

Blatant BS.

Check the schedule.....Maybe there was a day off or they did it during down time or at night.

Wouldn't take that many people to do the job and you could pay them off.

Remember this was 1912, people were trying to make something for themselves and their family and future, it was a new time on earth where people could create there own wealth and if you were offered a huge sum of money to change the names on ships it wouldn't be hard to find 20-50 people to do it.

That being said....Why are you ruling out the fact that during said time, they could have got their "own " people to do it and non of the workers would have had to been involved.

Please Open up your mind people and stop drawing a conclusion after 2-3 thoughts...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneR
reply to post by repeatoffender

fickle ATS...

this older Olympic/Titanic thread was started 12 months ago, and got 37 replies...one flag...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

this new thread already has 37 FLAGs...???

just wondering why...

seeya
edit on 5/4/2012 by shaneR because: link fixed

1.) Your asking the wrong questions

2.) How does this add to the thread ?

O yea it only takes away.....

Add knowledge....don't block it.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The name in the last part got me sold as a believer good find actually... great find..

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
It's a name engraving of the ship class. Which would be RMS. Titanic, Olympic Class White Star Passenger Ocean Liner. The same with The Olympic and Britannic.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

This claim has been proven wrong time and time again. The Titanic and the Olympic were built at the Harland and Wolff shipyards in Belfast Ireland. Harland and Wolff assigned hull numbers to all their vessels to ID them and to match up the fittings. The Olympics hull number was 400 and the titanic’s was 401. All ship fitting had the hull number stamped on them to show at the ship yard which vessel they went to. Many many fittings have been recovered from the Titanic wreck site and they have all had the number 401 stamped on them. So unless they went to the trouble of changing the number on all the ships fittings this claim is completely bogus.—Source. ME..I have been obsessed with the Titanic longer than I care to admit.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

Fully agree, my family were all dock workers and never once did they imply this happened.

Many people get suspicious because footage of the Olympic was used in place of that of the Titanic after it sank, but only because there is limited footage of the actual ship, NOTHING to do with the 'Federal Reserve'

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
If you watch the movie titanic backwards...... It's about a magical ship that saves everyone's life.
Lol
On another note, titanic and it's sinking is the 9/11 of our day. JP Morgan had his dirty hands all over this insurance scam. It's nothing different than what today's bankers partice today.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by requires1231
Hmm... my only problem with the Federal Reserve angle is that Astor, Guggenheim, and Strauss could have been saved. It's already been proven that men of their rank were easily allowed onto lifeboats.

Many men 'of their rank' stood back and let the women and children on first. I know this doesn't suit the Hollywood stories and so isn't what they produce but this is FACT.
Are you sure these guys aren't amongst the hundreds of men who stood back and let the women and children on first?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

if james cameron obsesses on the titanic, must we all? money, wealth and priviledge have always been the fodder of 'great adveturers and explorers'. all we wee folk can do is envy the wealthy and obsess on inanities like the titanic.

we all know about the fed. ron paul FTW. why waste time on the titanic? it sunk.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Damn.. really? It seems like all the subjects that are briefly covered in grade school seems to be how should I say........ a lie?

No, really. This is the one I always felt like was the truth. I mean really.. A ship accidently hit a huge freaking Iceberg and people died.. Ya know? S#it happens right??

Damn.. It's like the stuff we learn in grade school is just a big ass brainwashing prison for children so they can grow up and live in an illusion... sad..

S&F
edit on 6-4-2012 by Mizzijr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

the titanic was underinsured - a pretty poor " insurance scam "

But seeing as the Olympic was going to be written off or just too damn expensive to fix, a decent scam in the end.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
It's scams like this that give good conspiracies a bad name....

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
First off, if the ship was planned to sink to get rid of the three opponents, there is no way no one could have predicted that they would all die. They didn't board the lifeboats, to allow the women and children first. They were all three wealthy, and could have taken a boat if they wanted to.

I love a good conspiracy, but this one I'm just not believing this time. The ship hit an iceberg, and went down. If they had manned the ship with plenty of lifeboats, many more would have lived.

edit on 6-4-2012 by Thunder heart woman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

First off, if the ship was planned to sink to get rid of the three opponents, there is no way no one could have predicted that they would all die.

They could have been murdered before or during the sinking to insure their deaths. Downed ship, no murder scene, enormous lost of live = Ohh, they must have just drowned with the other 1514 people.

'Good heavens! Pass the Federal Reserve Act!'

It's clever and far out, but not impossible considering other false flags.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I have never had any doubts that it was the Olympic that went down, there has been a mountain of information saying this was the case ever since day one. The main convincer is that many of the people involved in the two ships and the dry docks, have maintained that the two ships were " mixed up " sometime in the dry dock, with much furniture being hastily taken from one ship to the other, there is just too many details which cast a very black cloud over the whole affair.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
"Dum, dum, dee dum. Dee, dee, deedee." A workman pauses, puts down his tools and looks up and along the docks on the river Clyde. Two gigantic ocean liners loom overhead, massive and majestic.

Majestic and massive, he thinks to himself, or he would, if he had been properly educated. Instead, he thinks, or rather "finks". "'ere's two bloody big bollocksy buggers, then."

"These 'ere are the foinist vessels in the whole ocean, 'ats what they are, an there's no doubt about it. An' like two peas in a pod, they are. Ain't that something. Look at 'em. Ain't they foin."

"They're big and bollocksy. Bollocksy and big."

He gazes at them.

"You can hardly tell 'em apart."

He bends over to pick up his tools. "That's where I come in. I puts the finishin' touch on em. I decides which is which."

In a bucket were letters to spell out two names which would become legend, Titanic and Olympic or was it the other way around.

"Nevermind" he funk to his self. "It don't matter. They's like two peas in a pod anyway."

This was to be his last day on the job, if only he knew.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by repeatoffender

Originally posted by rtyfx
I don't buy this. Thousands of men working in the shipyard would have known.

Blatant BS.

just like hundreds of people that could have been involved in a 9/11 conspiracy would have knowledge but dont leak anything, where are they?, or the JFK assination where are they?, or the Iran contra conspiracy or countless others. fact is if whistle blowers are not protected then why leak info, you really think 100 years ago an irish guy with 10 kids is going to have any incentive to leak info, and even if rumours circled they would have died off. an ideal place to look would be ireland itself for stories of this kind

You are assuming all of those conspiracy theories are correct and building a chain between one and another. The theory here is that the 'switch' happened in Ireland when most of the actual travellers boarded in England - the Olympic and the Titanic were not identical, far from it, don't you think they would have noticed a difference and questioned that? No, I guess you wouldn't think that.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join