It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does ATS make money?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
How many of you click on the ads?

I'm wondering how does ATS make money to maintain their website.

Maybe ATS is created by the government

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Pay per click is not the same as cost per impression:

Cost per impression, often abbreviated to CPI or CPM (Cost per mille) are terms used in online advertising and marketing related to web traffic.[1] They refer to the cost of internet marketing campaigns where advertisers pay for every time their ad is displayed, usually in the form of a banner ad on a website, but can also refer to advertisements in Email advertising.

An impression is the display of an ad to a user while viewing a web page.

A single web page may contain multiple ads. In such cases, a single pageview would result in one impression for each ad displayed.[2] In order to count the impressions served as accurately as possible and prevent fraud, an ad server may exclude certain non-qualifying activities such as page-refreshes or other user actions from counting as impressions. When advertising rates are described as CPM or CPI, this is the amount paid for every thousand qualifying impressions served.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
You can head over to the stats page:

Here

March, 2010 4,009,277 total visits

Just off visits alone, you can calculate a profit potential. Just times that by a CPI rate you find somewhere online, or times it by 0.01 for the hell of it.

I don't know exactly how ATS is monetized so I can't add further, but I do assure you it has great money making potential.
edit on 5-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by balon0

Maybe ATS is created by the government

Nope. Government usually loses money in everything it does...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by balon0

thats funny. I dont.. Except one ad. I clicked on 1 ad once, and it brought me to an authors site. And I listened to the narration of the first chapter of his book, and I went out and ordered the book. It was a great book. "Airplane Novel". Dudes nuts though.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by balon0

I love this question cause it always seems to pop up from time to time. You mentioned the ads. It's definitely the ads. I used to be in advertising for a newspaper and you won't believe what businesses will shell out to place an ad where it will get a lot of traffic. I don't think that a person actually has to click on an ad in order for ats to get paid for the ad. I'm not that familiar with online advertising so maybe someone that is can jump in and tell us. I'm pretty sure that the government does not run ats. They do probably monitor it though as I'm sure they do most similar websites. My guess is that for a high traffic site like ats, there is much money to be made from advertising.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
i would love to know also

can someone at ats comment on this thread?
maybe post some figures?

would love to know how much money the guys in charge are making

if you're a hi-quality poster on this site, you are making money for ATS, wouldnt you like to know how much money they are raking in?
edit on 5-4-2012 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
govenment black buget

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy

if you're a hi-quality poster on this site, you are making money for ATS, wouldnt you like to know how much money they are raking in?
edit on 5-4-2012 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

I don't know if I would call myself "high quality" but I do spend a lot of time posting and reading the site. I don't want to know exactly what they are making and I don't really care.

I get to enjoy a free service and the site is compensated for providing that service through advertisers. It's a pretty good trade off.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

My goodness

2009, Full Year 37,932,317 total visits

If is $0.01 per visit then ATS made a total of

$379323.17

in 2009.

That's $100,000 per amigo!

Daddy what do you do for a living?

I run a website that talks about aliens

edit on 16-4-2012 by balon0 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join