It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone DOES understand why there can't be an Armed Population?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by Unit541

You all make out that because your behind countries like Swaziland, Somalia and Guatemala on THE PER CAPITA LISTS of gun deaths that theres no issue

You do realise that when you compare the US to similar countries your way ahead.

I would say your the one smoking crack dude.

To everyone who took the effort to reply to me I appreciate your time but Im gonna have to leave this thread alone.
Its just way to draining and were never gonna see eye to eye, I dont mean to be rude but Im getting way to worked up and dont wanna start saying things that could get me banned.

Its the right of every American to have a gun, fine but as long as you have so many guns your also gonna have so many gun deaths its really that simple

i would bow out as well if i didnt have a leg to stand on

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Unit541

You all make out that because your behind countries like Swaziland, Somalia and Guatemala on THE PER CAPITA LISTS of gun deaths that theres no issue

You do realise that when you compare the US to similar countries your way ahead.

To everyone who took the effort to reply to me I appreciate your time but Im gonna have to leave this thread alone.
Its just way to draining and were never gonna see eye to eye, I dont mean to be rude but Im getting way to worked up and dont wanna start saying things that could get me banned.

Its the right of every American to have a gun, fine but as long as you have so many guns your also gonna have so many gun deaths its really that simple

because per 100,000 people we only have 5 firearms deaths that aren't suicides. per year. even though there are more firearms in the US than there are people. that's lower than car deaths, lower than drownings. yet you rarely hear anything about car deaths or drownings in the news. that's per capita as well. face it, you don't know what you're talking about and were put in your place. your irrational fear of guns is not equivalent to factual information.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

"Everyone DOES understand why there can't be an Armed Population?"

There will always be armed populations but the important detail is who makes up the armed? You could choose the option of selecting a small few to be guardians on the behalf of the many but really this makes the many nothing more than prisoners with guards. I prefer the option of allowing each individual the option of being their own guardian. No matter which system there will be those with weapons that do not wield them with due respect. The concept of an armed general population runs deeper than gun control. It is part of the greater concept of self reliance. Choosing to be Free Men comes with a cost. Other free men might not use their freedom as vigilantly as they should and you might have to give up your life for your freedom. This is a heavy cost but one that you have to be willing to pay if you want to be free. To do less, to expect others to remain vigilant on your behalf makes you subject to their will. This is the basis of the USA, we revolted to become freemen, subject to no others. Sure it hasn't stayed on course but the misdirection is not demonstrative of proper application.

The world doesn't need less armed people. The world needs more armed people that understand the significance of what they hold.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

LOL

just read your Avatar message

I have 2 guns one for each of ya

Like most Americans who want guns you use the BS line of safety and security but the truth is it makes you feel like more of a man.

My leg to stand on is the statistics, forget 3rd world countries and look at countries like the US. We all do fine without guns and Im sure youd all get by as well

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Has anyone who supports gun rights ever "defected" to the other side, to later oppose them? Nope. Doesn't happen.

Has anyone who opposes gun rights ever "defected" to the other side, to later support them? Yup, right after they're robbed, beaten or raped. And when you need one, you too my friend, will change your tune in a heartbeat, if your assailant offers you that opportunity that is.

Why don't you do a little social experiment for yourself, and see if you can find one single victim of a violent crime that doesn't support the right to own a gun. You will find none, period.

I'm bowing out now, as I rather participate in intelligent, insightful discussions. This is more like debating the finer points of Vapor Barrier Deficit with a houseplant.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal

reply to post by Unit541

because per 100,000 people we only have 5 firearms deaths that aren't suicides. per year. even though there are more firearms in the US than there are people. that's lower than car deaths, lower than drownings. yet you rarely hear anything about car deaths or drownings in the news. that's per capita as well. face it, you don't know what you're talking about and were put in your place. your irrational fear of guns is not equivalent to factual information.

Ironically its YOUR irrational fear of guns that is your reason for carrying a gun. see what I mean about it being self defeating.
I dont have any fear of guns let alone an irrational one. Never really hear of any gun deaths where I am apart from criminals killing other criminals and thats extremely rare not a daily occurance

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

My leg to stand on is the statistics, forget 3rd world countries and look at countries like the US. We all do fine without guns and Im sure youd all get by as well

That's a broken leg my friend, your "totals" are a lame duck, a dog that won't hunt, etc. etc. etc.

Where do you live? I take it it's not the US. Lemme know and I'll be happy to show you, with real, relevant, statistics, why your country is no safer than mine, whether you have guns or not.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

reply to post by DocHolidaze

LOL

just read your Avatar message

I have 2 guns one for each of ya

Like most Americans who want guns you use the BS line of safety and security but the truth is it makes you feel like more of a man.

except you only count countries that support your position. that's called bias. i gave you an unbiased top of the world firearms deaths per capita. the US isn't even in the top ten. we have ten per hundred thousand people. five not counting suicides. again, that's lower than drownings per year per capita. should we ban water as well?

i also love it when people such as yourself are reduced to insinuating that firearms are only desired by men with small egos, kind of like big trucks. it is amusing to watch as such people throw mud and claim to still be in the right

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Ironically its YOUR irrational fear of guns that is your reason for carrying a gun. see what I mean about it being self defeating.
I dont have any fear of guns let alone an irrational one. Never really hear of any gun deaths where I am apart from criminals killing other criminals and thats extremely rare not a daily occurance

It's not a fear of guns, its a fear of crime. Assault, robbery, home invasions, car jacking, rape and murder are what most of us have very rational fears of. Guns are a means of defending ourselves against these possibilities. Taking our guns away isn't going to make any of the above less likely to happen. Seriously, wake up and smell the real world.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

i have no fear of firearms. i've shot quite a few different varieties. i own a single action six shooter .45 which i keep under my bed locked and seperated from ammo(because of my son who is 2, safety first!) in case it is ever needed. especially by my wife who is often alone in the house with our son and is 4'10' and could be overpowered by just about any male alive. you know what i'm afraid of? thieves, murderers, rapists, child molestors etc coming into my home and destroying my family. my wife doesn't have to be a 6 foot tall mmo fighter to defend my son and herself should someone try to enter our home, she merely needs to point and pull the trigger.

you know who is afraid of firearms? victims and criminals.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

In every country criminals have access to guns easy enough yet no where else in the world do gun deaths come anywhere near the total that they do in the US.

Really? You must live in a a cave. South Africa and Columbia have the highest murder rates in a non-combat war zone in the world. I know, I lived in South Africa before it got stupid, before they started taking away the guns. Sure there were car jackings and necklacings and the occasional murder, but overall, crime was very low by comparison, less than 5% of what it is today. I've still got friends there, trying desperately to get out, but it's hard when the government removes all the opportunities to make money by using BS programs like AA and BEE to engorge a majority with the work and profits of 300 years of labor and building, rather than the minority they are supposed to help.

I CC'd for years, never had a problem caused by stupidity on my part. People in bars. nightclubs, restaurants and parties were always polite, probably because we all had guns, duh. Somebody is always going to be faster, have better aim, etc. so you play nicely. And you know, people actually got along pretty well. Then the Marxist ANC (mandela's bunch) took over and the whole thing has pretty much gone to hell. But it always starts with the guns.

I would rather walk unarmed through 10 Harlems at midnight on a Saturday, than drive through Soweto or Katelhong armed any other night of the week (and I actually drove into Soweto at midnight accidentally, so I know what that's about too). You ever seen what a gunfight looks like (with small arms or automatics), or death by bouncing betty/limpet mine or claymore? I have. You should get out more and see the world for what it is, rather than what Obama and his band of communist czars and his merry fools in the MSM is telling you. You might want to cut out the fluoride as well since it was originally used in Russian Gulags to help keep the general population subdued.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The founding fathers were very explicit in drafting the constitution and allowing citizens to be armed. They published their reasons behind it and they are well-known. The constitution is not a "living document" and was never intended as such. It is timeless in its simplicity and is still fully relevant today.

Your assertions regarding guns are without merit and irrelevant. I can assure you that very few people who own guns will give them up willingly. If you don't like guns and don't want them in your house, that is your freedom to decide for yourself, but leave the rest of us out of your glorious plans for a utopian fantasyland.

OP, do not respond to this post, because this is the only one I will make in this rerun of a thread. Not feeding trolls today.

Cheers.

edit on 5-4-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

Flag - Star - Applause

NWO does not work with an armed society.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I think what cracks me up the most is:

The amount of people that post on here, that are not American, and Are So Concerned That We Have Guns....

Thank you for your concern, and while I live way out here in the country, and I do have a right to have a fire arm, I will. I've had to use it several times with wild animals, and I have also used it to put deer meat on my table.

While the last part is not always necessary, it does really help the cost of my food bill, and the amount of gas I have to spend going back and forth into town.

So again, thank you for your concern. In the future, I'll try to think of things I think you need to change in your countries, and why if you don't change them, they are the reason you all have such messed up societies......

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I love armed populations.

Do you remember the stories about, in Shakespeare's day, in Abraham Lincoln's day, all men were armed? Some had swords, some had knives, some had pistols. Those weapons were used to defend their owners against others with similar power weaponry. They were used to settle debates. They were used to kill wild beasts, before the lands were tamed by TV sets. Occasionally, they were used to exact vengeance on those who were not similarly armed.

Do you see how it would benefit the entire society if everybody were equally armed? Weapons would be a character of our lives, much like cell phones, but demanding much more respect, intelligence, and control to wield properly. In a peaceful society they are symbols.

Did you know that Sikhs have a religious discipline to have a knife on them all the time? Only when a weapon becomes an exotic or strange tool that it becomes feared. When everybody has one, it's no big deal.

Look at the balance and peace of mind that a weapon brings. It is the last resort, of course, when other methods of defense are not being respected by a stranger. It is like a car, requiring training and a level of maturity, and trust from the society, to have and work with.

For every worker bee to have a stinger, every bird with a beak, every dog with teeth, every cat with claws, nature demands armed beings. Because it would be barbaric to bite and scratch an attacker, humans have designed disposeable weapons.

Don't be afraid of reality or mortality. Your enemies certainly aren't afraid. Your leaders aren't afraid. Weapons bring another level of power, and with power comes responsibility. You're not trying to get out of responsibility are you? If you were to lead the defenseless cause, you would be responsible for the sheeple.

And who said it had to be guns? I want a cattle prod for a weapon!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I am so tired of hearing "people around the global community" telling us Americans how our right to bear arms that we hold dear (and some really don't) is such an antiquated ideal that should be eradicated.

If you do not like guns...good....stay in your country.

I myself do not even "enjoy" guns, but I do own one, and have never used it for any real purpose other than target practice.

But just knowing that I can have it....I do.

To say that the argument of fighting tyrannical leaders with said guns is a baseless and dumb one, just means you have not experienced a real tyrannical government (nor have I)

But does that mean I should be utterly defenseless when one strolls into town?

You Europeans enjoy your low death rates from guns, I will enjoy my ability to pack heat should I so desire (and I do) and never the twain shall meet.
edit on 5-4-2012 by AlienStalker because: (no reason given)

Edit To Say: Americans manufacture very few things on this planet....guns are one of them (if not the only) So of course we take pride in our craftsmanship. Does this bother others?
edit on 5-4-2012 by AlienStalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by staple

Here in Nashville TN Burmese refugees already think they do own the place. I`ve lived here all my life and up til about a year ago Catholic Charities started importing entire villiges it seems and every privately owned business has been vandalized to the point the owners have packed up and moved off. I walk down the street and they spit on the ground at you mumbling under there breath "F%^& you american". They live like they did in there country and it looks like a third world slum now.

So how is one to protect their home and way of life against this? The only reason and i mean the only reason my door hasnt been kicked in in the middle of the night like others have is because i clean my G3KA4 on the balcony on a regular basis. I know many ppl living in Europe that feel the same way about otherethnic groups encroaching into their hometowns.

Am i a racist? of course not i say offensive things about everyone as to leave no one out. One must not be discriminate about the truth.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
it's illegal to own guns in mexico, does that ell you anything?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Statistics can be played with to mean anything. They are coming up with those per capita numbers by multiplying the AVERAGE rate for cities over 250,000, thus skewing the numbers badly. I looked it up.

Furthermore, they leave out the fact that over 75% of all victims of gun homicides In the US had previous violent crime records. Hm.

Take out the suicides, and of course the huge number SHOT BY COPS, and there is not much left. Therefore, most of the numbers you are relying on are criminals shooting other criminals. So, the US has the highest amount of criminal craziness. THat's a different story.

This is such an old argument, and the gun grabbing nancy boys are on the govts side whether they know it or not. It is righteous to be armed. That's why there are so many old sayings about it.

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!

Also, age 17 to 24 are around 40 percent of the offenders in all gun homicides, while far less in ALL homicides. Indicating that stupid teenagers are too rash and hotheaded to think about the consequences of their actions too well. Big surprise there. Since handguns are used in over 90 percent of all gun crimes, maybe just making HANDGUNS highly illegal until you are 25 is the answer.

Nah, that would make too much sense.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
bottom line, if you think we shouldn't be allowed to carry fire arms, then you better also believe we should not be allowed to speak our minds, or that we should be forced to quarter soldiers.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join