It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone DOES understand why there can't be an Armed Population?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

So that's where Neo's moves came from...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It's amazing to me that every single time there is one of these school, university, workplace or just pure random mass shootings, there is very limited public outcry about Guns in America.

In most other countries when something like this happens, there is mass public outcry for the Government to take action about gun possession laws, almost everywhere else except America.

Have Americans become so ingrained in their "right to bear arms" that even outrageous mass slaughters of civilians by gun toting nut cases won't sway them towards outrage?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Oh trust me, shootings piss me off. But, too many hillbillies and fraidy cats live in this country. The saddest part is that if the 2nd Amendment gets repealed, there will be boneheads who actually shoot at the police/military who come to take their guns away.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Unless you want a society like this:

Perhaps people should stop thinking about getting guns and trying to take things into their own hands... Scared people with guns = innocent people dying...

Anarchy will ensue and most of the scared, overweight, sick, old, and spineless population will not make it (I think that makes for about 80-90% of the people down there)... How's that for an assault on civil liberties? They wouldn't survive... Hmmm...

But it's ok, some people 300+ years ago wrote a paper that said that a WELL TRAINED ARMED MILITIA so it's all good that today the words are twisted and turned to suit their needs and wants... Kinda sounds like another document that is constantly twisted and turned... THE BIBLE... What cults are to religion is what people think of gun "entitlement" to the constitution...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlucchese
You know, I was holding off the purchase of my next gun....until I saw this post. I'm going out today to buy a taurus 9mm with a 15 round magazine......and I think I'll pick up a couple of hundred rounds of ammo.

The only good outcome here is; when the revolution starts, we'll (those of us with the guns) be able to easily dispose of all those who don't have any.....
Id get a Sig...Taurus work good bit don't hit worth squat..at least spend your money wisely

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Bowling for Columbine has been proved to be nothing but lies.

And I resent your generalizations.

I don't see anybody doing this for cars. Cars kill far more people in America than firearms do, yet the gun grabbers don't go for cars. There is no right to own a car like there is a right to own a firearm.

Pools also kill thousands of children each year. But I don't see anybody going after pools.

Hypocrites, much?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I live in a community where the Police Dept. has a program where fathers or mothers and their Sons and Daughters get together once a week for several weeks and teach both the Parents and the Kids everything there is to know about Guns of all types.

This is done so that both the Parents and the Kids understand the dangers and responsibilities of owning or coming across a Gun and the proper way to handle them as well as treat a weapon as if it was loaded whether it is or not.

This program has great sucess and has lowered accidental deaths of both adults and children as they are taught that a Gun is not a toy and once a kid or adult understands how the weapon works as well as how to properly store, maintain, clean, license, load and unload, fire and how the weapons safety is enguaged as well as how each type of Gun can be trigger locked as well as what a both a Kid and an Adult should do when encountering a person improperly handeling or shooting a weapon.

Knowledge is the key to keeping people safe. Split Infinity

Sounds like a great program... In rural areas the culture is quite different ...... I could see the urbanites getting up in arms about this but I would rather see a kid know and understand what a gun can do ... gun education should be taught in schools and in some areas it is as important a sex ed.....

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Sounds like a great program. One that could fit into many communities.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I love how Moore tried to tie in the NRA with the Klan.

Completely disregarding the fact that the Klan has always been the biggest supporter of gun control legislation next to the government itself. Can;t have poor people, black people or anyone you're trying to exterminate arming themselves.

Then when the NRA tries to fight back against classist and largely racist legislation like gun bans in housing complexes and bans on so-called "Saturday Night Specials" they're called racist because apparently liberty means poor people and black people are going to kill themselves.

Can't win. Fight to revoke rights and you're a bigot. Fight to maintain those rights and you're still a bigot.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by randyvs

Fair point, guns for hunting or protection from wildlife is a different story.
If you live in a rural area then yeah you probably do need a gun, most farmers in Australia have a rifle.

I guess Im talking about city dwellers who have guns for "protection" whether that be from the government or from criminals, to the rest of the world it just seems ridiculous.

Lets say the government turns the army on all of you, they come for you in the night and you manage to kill 2 soldiers, you think the others soldiers are gonna be scared and say "of my god hes got a gun too, we better leave him alone" hells no!!!!!!!! their gonna hunt your ass down for killing their buddy and most likely kill your family for good measure.

Yes criminals have guns and while scary the rest of the world does just fine, does it not occur to any of you that the fact guns are so easily available makes criminality as easier option?
The reason you have so much gun related crime is because guns are everywhere.

And as for foreign invasion
Thats just say it did happen, somehow another country completely annihilates the worlds most advanced, combat ready and experienced military, whats your handgun gonna do except make you more of a target?

Americans will never get it, guns are not good and if you need one (besides for hunting) then there is something really wrong with your society

I hope you could tell I agree with some of you points as well. I do believe, as another member mentioned, that upon the invention of the firearm the genie was out of the bottle. what man invents men have a right to possess
to a certain degree of course.

We certainly can't have everyone walking around with a nuke on their hip.

If I appear wishy washy on this subject let it be a clue.

edit on 5-4-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by randyvs

And as for foreign invasion
Thats just say it did happen, somehow another country completely annihilates the worlds most advanced, combat ready and experienced military, whats your handgun gonna do except make you more of a target?

As a former member of the US Army, I can tell you, without hesitation, that the entire purpose of a handgun in the above situation is to give you the ability to fight your way to a rifle.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

If more people purposefully killed people with pools or cars, they would be banned... Guns are weapons (tools for others such as us police officers, or military personnel) made to kill, they have no other purpose... NONE...

99% of car and pool deaths are ACCIDENTS... 99% of gun deaths are done ON PURPOSE... not the same...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I posted the video not for the links between the NRA and the KKK... I posted it to show that a scared population owning guns is down right DANGEROUS.... I don't care about the politics and the right vs left crap...

The issue is that people twist their own constitution to suit their needs the same way they do with the greatest fiction book ever written... This is the root problem in the US which causes the rest of the world's problems... Look at how the US twists information to go to war, to cause economic turmoil, and world insecurity...

This is the exact same problem that plagues the US right now with gun entitlement... Thanks to this twisted ideology, people believe that they can own any weapons they want, do whatever they want, and replace the police by doing things themselves... this is what is going to cause anarchy in the country some day and most people will not survive because of the reasons I said above...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Reply to post by Magnum007

What twist?

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Maybe they use commas differently in Canada?

Regardless, BOR or not it's my property. We can shred the document tomorrow. It's meaningless as it in grants nothing to me or any human. These are absolutes. I have the right to life, property an liberty. As do all humans and even all animals. No document grants that. It's not an artificial idea convinced by politicians in a room somewhere. This is absolute and it isn't up to anyone but myself to maintain my life my liberty and my property.

PS, there's a hella lot of daylight between anarchy and chaos.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
reply to post by babybunnies

Oh trust me, shootings piss me off. But, too many hillbillies and fraidy cats live in this country. The saddest part is that if the 2nd Amendment gets repealed, there will be boneheads who actually shoot at the police/military who come to take their guns away.

Yeah, it would be a shame that the police/military wouldn't be able to defend themselves since they wouldn't be allowed to carry guns.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

No other purpose?

Target shooting isn't a purpose? Target shooting competitions, even?

That's a legitimate reason to own a gun in Australia, where they're normally incredibly restricted.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Gun grabbers must always use poor excuses. Gun grabbers must always use poor demonization and generalizations. To punish an entire populace for the irrational actions of a few is the stupidest reason period. It's called guilt by association and is also unconstitutional. Not everybody who owns a firearm is completely irrational.

Especially when firearms saves lives too.

If you want to ban something that makes people irrational, BAN RELIGION!

Stop punishing everyone for the sake of the few.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Many years ago - I'm trying to find any info I can to share about it - an experiment was done. One city - required every home to have a gun. Another city prohibited guns completely. After 10+ years it was found that the city who had no guns had the HIGHEST violent crime rate and the city where every home had one, had pretty much ZERO crime. So yea....wanna be at the mercy of who ever decides to bust yur door down, whether it's a thief willing to kill you or a cop. Outlaw guns. If you want the right to protect yourself from thieves or would be murderers don't erase our right to bear arms to protect ourselves

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by rockintitz

If someone has a gun on me, that's probably not the moment I'm pulling a gun.

A finger pull is way faster than lifting your shirt up and fumbling a 9mm from the side of your waist.

You missed the point, because if you had a gun with you, there'd be less likely a chance that someone would be able to approach you with a gun in the first place. You clearly haven't thought about any of these situations before. What if someone busts down your door in the middle of the night and they have a gun? How are you going to defend yourself then?

I live in a pretty shadey area on New Orleans. I here a gunshot at least once a week from the apartments behind my neighborhood. This area is not my ideal, but its close to work, my street is gated and pretty secure.

My point being that I have a 12g Mosssberg leaning against the bed. I sleep better at night, my wife sleeps better at night and just the peace of mind is great knowing that my family is protected when I have to leave town for days/weeks at a time.

Gun Control= using both hands

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Opportunia

Kennesaw vs. Morton Grove.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

One place banned them the other other mandated them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join