It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USGS: Recent Earthquakes 'Almost Certainly Manmade'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

And you don't think creating thousands of micro fractures in a large plate will do anything? It may seem benign at first, but it can change the sub structures of the crust. We don't really know one way or the other. Some caution seems prudent though.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Metatronin
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

And you don't think creating thousands of micro fractures in a large plate will do anything? It may seem benign at first, but it can change the sub structures of the crust. We don't really know one way or the other. Some caution seems prudent though.

at the average fracking depth of 6 to 8 thousand feet, no, considering the crust is on average 25 miles thick. if you have an active fault line then i'm sure fracking on top of it would probably have some detrimental value sure.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...

I've lived in Texas my entire life... 9 years here in deep southeast Texas... Timpson is in Shelby County and Next to Nacogdoches county in southeast TX. Earthquakes are ... unheard of?... here. In the past 2 years the gas industry has gone CRAZY in this area.... there are maps online that can show the newest fracking locations and disposal wells, etc....
This 3.7 or 3.9...(I saw two different reports with different numbers), but this HAS to have been caused by FRACKING!!! This is soooo unacceptable....

www.ktre.com...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by EdwynaGolden

Could very well be:

Scroll right to see location of the epicenter. The red circles in the above photo are quite possibly frack pads. There are scads more that I didn't circle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join