It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons why I believe the sun is more luminous and why it matters to you

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by shortsticks
reply to post by juleol

shi*, I should've known there's an easier way to put links into my posts. Oh well, live and learn.

And to your question, nope, not red enough. Not from my experience anyway.

I did the same mistake with my reply as well.. The link feature on this forum is really horrible and useless since it seems to just cut off links. I really wish ATS would fix this issue.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by shortsticks

This year (and last) has been quiet mild. No days over 40C, mild fire danger - a couple of hotties with strong wind but nothing major. (They even declared our fire danger season over sooner than normal). Very warm for April, Indian Summer, they call it. What I have noticed is the strength of the sun. Maybe we are getting more of the UV spectrum through. Could account for the increase in "whiteness" if UV related (Top of the spectrum)

edit on 5-4-2012 by RocketMan0266 because: ROYGBIV for those that know?.

edit on 5-4-2012 by RocketMan0266 because: Doooh.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by HardyWhite

Very nice! shi* I have to probably respond with something more than that don't I? lol I don't know, lemme think..

Ah, yes electricity might also bend just like photons. They both have mass. and when they don't have to bend, that is, when they flow outward in a straight line, they are most intense right? Proud of myself on that one, don't anyone please burst my plasma bubble lol

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh
Shortsticks, S&F for an excellent thread, not only have you introduced a stimulating subject but I take my hat off (my sunhat) to you for your prodigious attention to your thread and your engaging, always interesting and intelligent replies to posters.
Very impressive. Your dedication is inspiring.
Also I wonder if you noticed how you have drawn out new members (and /or people with low post tallies), I know that many of the most intelligent members read and learn before posting and your thread has elicited responses from this often overlooked silent ATS demographic.

As I age, my viewpoints are in a constant state of flux and I love ATS because of its varied and often merciless attitude to ignorance. It has changed my attitude on many occasions to many viewpoints which proves its worth.
Anyway keep up the passion.
Respect.
P.S in the long run, the sun will be the death of us, it giveth life and it shall taketh it away.

Wow, thanks, I didn't realize I was eliciting such responses from others. And your post script is duly noted!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

oh, and why the heartbreak btw? is this allowed, the question?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

thanks give me some time!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
My daughters teacher was having health issues and wasn't her self (she retired). She said "shame on you" to my daughter and it hurt her so bad that she came home to tell me about with tears streaming down. She is only 11 but still.. words can hurt.

I can honestly say that if you want someone to get upset then say "shame on you". I won't say it back to you because two wrongs don't make a right but if you don't agree with the OP and or this thread... why type anything negative....just move on to something you like.

If you do not see any changes with our Sun... then for you there is no change.

I for one have been researching this subject for a long time and I think the OP makes some credible and valid points and there is evidence that backs it up. Whether or not the evidence is fact remains to be seen. We will definitely know sooner than later though.

This is exactly the problem. "For you, there is no change." We all live on the same planet under the same rules. My Sun is not going to be different from yours. The Sun does vary, yes, but not to the degree that the OP seems to think is occurring. The mere fact that you readily admit that evidence has not been seen but still agree with the OP is astounding.

link   
I don't know whether the sun is brighter/hotter than it used to be. I was able to look at the sun directly in the past (no I didn't stare into it!). I don't know if that's the case now because...I haven't tried (nor do I want to). I do know one thing, though. I used to spend hours swimming and playing outside. I got sunburned often, but it was usually after many hours in the sun. These days, I can step into direct sunlight and instantly feel the back of my neck start to burn. The rising morning sun lines up directly with the front door of my house. It can be 30 degrees outside, but when I open the door in the morning during sunrise and step in the door, it gets so hot, it's like standing in front of an oven. I have to step out of the door frame.

Maybe I've just grown intolerant to the heat of the sun as I've grown older.

link   
reply to post by Orderamongchaos

so in your world view, if you were trying a case, would you offer any person's eye-witness testimony?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I have been quite interrested in the wild behavior of the sun lately. been keeping up on youtube videos, hanging out at Nasa sites and mostly i try to watch it come up and go down. I have a telescope and watch the moon mostly. I live in az. there is no sun rise or sun set like that of one in the desert. Beautiful. I loved what you wrote and couldnt agree more.

off topic and brand new here...um .... forgive me but has anyone noticed today and yesterday about twenty three planes ( i saw and counted them) whooshing across the sky above my home in Gilbert az criss crossing the sky ?leaving patterns? the sun was bright this morning...not a cloud in the sky and now its overcast. bizarre. just moved here and never seen so much crop dusting behavior. help, how do i ask on a forum? perhaps ill have to contribute more? but how.? been coming to ATS for three years everyday. (love the debates...they are interesting. )
debunk those chemtrails for me .........im having a hardtime seeing our lovely sun

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I believe at least part of the reason it seems brighter is increased 'water' in the atmosphere. Consider if you will that polar/glacier ice melting has not raised the ocean level nearly as much as expected. Where did the water go? Into the atmosphere, specifically the mesosphere, an area 30 to 50 miles up. This area is 800 to one million times drier than the Sahara depending on whose data you use. In recent years traces of moisture have been detected. With a temperature of minus 120F and 'dust' from Mt St Helens and Mt Pinatubo this causes ice crystal to form which magnify all incoming light and also creates bright blue noctilucent clouds the occurrence of which have increased in recent years.

Sorry for no links, you will have to search.
edit on 5-4-2012 by oghamxx because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2012 by oghamxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

yeah elenin was the psy-ops to further discredit those now able to accept or believe in 2012. you make so many statements, I want to respond to every sentence. but considering it's getting late here and I'm running out of energy for the day...

but the sun has been reclassified. and your statements to reassure us that all is well just like MS science has battered into our brains since childhood, for the next countless millenia, well I don't buy it. Not anymore. To give us the true nature of the universe, which is to say electrical in nature, and to think that catastrophism doesn't happen is just plain stupid. And in case this response gets flagged, I remind you, I'm saying the statements are stupid, not a poster.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I think a quick and honest look at your local and regional weather this year alone can convince most that *something* bizarre is happening. I am 100% with the author of this thread, because I have been wondering how in the world did I get a sunburn in MARCH, outdoors only for 1-2 hours tops?! For what it's worth, I grew up in the Southeastern USA and all my life, I pretty much lived outdoors from childhood to adulthood, and NEVER had a sunburn. I have never wore sunscreen. I also have plenty of melanin in my skin, I am golden-olive colored with "black" ancestry, but yet and still, the sun is eating me alive and I have never had such an issue before, even as a kid playing out in Southeast August heat in tank tops, shorts and bathing suits. I know others must be experiencing similar things because this is crazy. This summer is probably going to be a BEAST. I caved in and purchased my first bottle of sunscreen last week. SPF 50.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by shortsticks

so in your world view, if you were trying a case, would you offer any person's eye-witness testimony?

As supporting evidence, perhaps. Eye witnesses can be one of the most influential types of evidence in a court because the evidence is judged by a jury. From a logical standpoint, eye witnesses are one of the single worst types of evidence. However, we are not a jury and this is not a court. This is a debate about the function of a star. No one has offered a single shred of evidence other than "it looks brighter."

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

thanks. no shame for you this go around. there's lots of shame on me, but that's for me personally for me to deal with. Like I used to role play under various guises back a long time ago, and have led many astray. I'm trying to right those wrongs now. Don't know if I'll be ultimately successful. Like I said, that's up to the creator to decide.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

I shouldn't mention that one of my best friends I called Jules. You're not nearly my best friend lol But do continue to provide counterweight please.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I've thought this several times. There are days where the sun is bright white and I can barely even look in the general direction of the sun without feeling like I'm going to be blinded.

I, too, have wondered where our yellow sun has gone.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RocketMan0266

We're both in agreement that the earth is closest to the sun during this time, right? Should make us think about the perfect alignment come this december. the only thing that can possibly save us is the moon. haha, that's really far out...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by shortsticks

I think the lot of you should take an Astronomy class or, if you can't attend a class, research the Sun, if you really want some factual information about it instead of relying on childhood memories.

Here's a good place to start, Wikipedia > Sun

The Sun's stellar classification, based on spectral class, is G2V, and is informally designated as a yellow dwarf, because its visible radiation is most intense in the yellow-green portion of the spectrum and although its color is white, from the surface of the Earth it may appear yellow because of atmospheric scattering of blue light.[14][15] [\ex]

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Sometimes what isn't said is more important than what is said. One shouldn't discount their gut feeling, regardless if it can be scientifically verified or not. This is why the majority come to sites like this. And never before have facts caused someone to believe in something or not. Take Jesus and his words and times for example.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join