It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons why I believe the sun is more luminous and why it matters to you

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia
reply to post by blocula

I have been looking at the sun for 55 years....I know what it looks like.

It was not what I usually see.

For 45 years,i never really made it a habit,or spent much time trying to look at the sun and whenever i did,it was too bright to look at it for more than a few seconds and what really needs to be done is to view photographs and film taken of the sun taken years apart and taken from beyond the earths atmosphere and thats how we'll be able to see and know if somethings really going on with everyones nuclear mother up there in outer space...
edit on 9-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mab22
In a sunny day i can't even look at the clouds anymore let alone the sun ,

here's a picture of the sun i took one year ago,

img534.imageshack.us...

it's strange that back then i didn't know anything about solar flares or any sun issues however i do remember feeling that the sun had become stronger/brighter with the passage of years
obviously this picture was taken with my eyes closed

I honestly think you are explaining a lot here by claiming you didn't know and/or didn't notice etc. I think that is true for most, if not all, of us.

And i have been thinking, could peoples recollections of the sun actually be images from photographs and/or movies?

They are remembering them to be actual memories of them looking at the sun but in actuality they are remembering photographs, art etc.
edit on 9-4-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Amazing that the same time that the earth is re-calibrating the sun is doing the same. Many prophecy's speak of the sun shining like a thousand suns. Solar cycle 24 a powerful cycle. Powerful because it is the completion of a two 12 solar cycles. An Alpha cycle and an Omega cycle. the beginning and the end. The soul will also be affected by this cycle. Every time there is a heavy CME bombardment the sun of even pressure, the earth's core will reflect that energy by the acceleration of earthquakes. Cycles are identified by the date and time. This years cycle will become more intense as it is reflecting the energy of angles. The closer it gets to 12/21/12 which is the 12:00 line of beginning and completion the more you will see and feel the intensification of everything. For instance sunspot 1450 now has a complex which could result in M-class flares. If it can produce M-class flares it can also produce X-class flares. Watch how these flares and activity on the sun heat up the closer it gets to the 12th of each month. Did you know that between the 9.0 and 7.4 earthquake that for a week the sun sent out a radioactive signal of 180 Mhz. Hmmmm 180, 180 degrees, take a 180, change your ways and go the other direction. A warning. Time is short we think in terms of human and human existence and we are not thinking in terms of the soul's existence. We are so concerned with our human lives that we are forgetting the more important spiritual ( soul) life. The planet has a destiny too..

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
you crazy son of a gun! Yeah I too have noticed the " more yellow golden glow of the sun has become more white in its appearance.... somethings up for sure, this I just feel... cant explain!....and at some point we will ALL know...maybe soon ,,,maybe not?! TBS..... to be seen!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnJetson
The problem with the OP in this thread is that the evidence you are putting forth about the sun's brightness is anecdotal. Unless you have a scientific way to measure brightness, you are not going to convince anyone who is approaching this from an objective angle. Out of curiosity, I asked my dad, who has blue eyes and has always been somewhat sensitive to the sun, and he said it actually looked a little less bright to him lately. He has been playing a lot of tennis outside in the past few years, so that is possibly one explanation. My mom, on the other hand, did say that it actually looks brighter to her. She used to sunbathe quite often in the past, but not as much recently. To me, it looks the same as it has for the past 30 years, so it is going to take something more compelling than an opinion to convince me.

Yes I do know that most of the information is anecdotal as you put it. And not everybody is going to be able to read the signs all around us. There is scientific data specifically addressing what would happen to the sun's brightness were we to enter a plasma cloud. And then you look at the scientific data that has been shown by Ibex. They are not going to connect the dots for us. But the scientific data is out there to make a strong correlation with events. And again the real data on the sun's increased brightness is going to be suppressed, just like the true electrical nature of our universe. It does't really take a genius to figure this stuff out. Real perturbations in our solar system have been witnessed and tried to explain in a scientific way, or else from a crazy conspiratorial view, injecting the Planet X or Nibiru hypothesis and then relentless attacking this as their strawman argument. The data on increased weather/earthquake anomalies/planetary warming etc etc is enough for me, esp when it coincides with the most accurate calendar in the world that we use nowadays to predict our lunar eclipses just as one example. If this is nothing but circumstance, and the movies currently trying to warn us in a rather indirect way somethings up, then I've been had in the most serious of ways. Could be just movies, but I rather think clues and warnings are given for those of us looking to find them, even if they are put in place in attempts to mitigate the powers' in charge's responsibility for not telling us the whole truth to us. This is a conspiracy board after all, so make no hesitation to give my thoughts about what I believe to be the biggest conspiracy of all time, that of the true nature of our universe and its effects on our own star in this right moment in our history. If I've been had in the most grievous of fashions about what this means to me in the end, then I've been had. But I will forever trust my own instinct and that which I noticed for countless of years growing up compared to now, that the sun is brighter. And whereas some won't have noticed any change whatsoever (like I already mentioned about my own mom's account) the rest of us who do are enough for me.

That we have other commonly-known things are just more icing on my doom cake, so to speak. There's a reason why so many D.U.M.B.'s are being built. There's a reason that Denver was supplied with a new airport with shielding from extreme temperatures or ominously painted murals on the walls. There's a reason why the seed shelter was built, given all the extreme conditions to make that survival place for our crops a reality. There's a reason that they launched all kinds of birds up in the air to study the sun or changes in our atmosphere or the surrounding heliosphere or magnetosphere. There's a reason that we changed the eq scale or tornado scale of measurement. There's a reason why we exalted Einstein's math over Tesla's empirical observations and conclusions about our electrical reality. There's a reason that caves exist all over the world with animal remains, animals that wouldn't normally try to go in there. There's a reason that all ancient monuments and artifacts point up to the sky and that the biggest are made of stone to provide some shielding from extreme heat. There's a reason why the Mayan calendar exists and why its cycle ends this year. There's a reason why America and its monetary system show a complete lack of accountability for future generations. There's a reason why the sun's brighter. All these things are facts, and the conclusions may not be yours, but they make sense to me. And I'm glad I finally reached them to be honest. I feel like I won in this game! I hope so lol. To each his/her own conclusions. I've supplied mine. You're free to make your own and bring a little balance to the equation for anecdotal doubts. I believe that the balance to the equation happens end of this year, or early next. Do I have any doubts? Sure, to not doubt is to not be objective in the light of all evidence. I sometimes to a mental aback because there's a big part...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
...part of me that simply can't fathom that all the world and all that it offers now can soon be gone. I mean all the beautiful music and literature and art and all the scientific advancement. But so many cultures of civilizations of before have also had their limelight and also had their countless untold treasures. Most of all that has been buried in one form or fashion, so to me it's not hard to imagine the same happening today. Besides, when we have so many toxic substances to our earth in existence, and toxic minds, why shouldn't our solar system and earth in particular look upon our condition and need to remove it? I wouldn't treat anything but a cancerous part of my body as something other than that which needs to be removed. Do hope my ramblings are somewhat coherent.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by shortsticks

Then theres the most vital possibility of all,to explain the suns apparent brightening,the fact that the sun might be starting to expand into a red giant and if it is,its goodbye to everything we've ever done and aloha to all we know,forever and ever those thing will just be gone and just imagine if humanity had only spent the last hundred years not desigining ever more effective ways to kill eachother off and engineered massive collective efforts and trillions of dollar towards weapons of war and genocide and had instead focused on working together with the same drive and determination,maybe we could have been able to save at least some of humanity,who would have than possibly been able to go to another world and begin again,far away from the unstoppable expanding red giant sun...

I've thought about this idea hard for quite a while too, about the sun going red giant, and I consider this a real possibility. We've really no understanding of how stars behave under extraordinary conditions. All we have seen is the after-effects of our gazing out into the heavens in our short few centuries, and try and extrapolate a sufficient explanation. However, uncharted territory is uncharted, after all. We shouldn't close our minds to the possibilities that could be like some have done already. I'm open to all possibilities.

I'm disappointed again that no one cared to respond to each and every point that I just recently made a few days ago. I was hoping for so much more from this board. Instead, they just rely on the same responses over and over again. But that must be all they have. Don't look at a welding torch, but if you do, you'll notice the same effect as looking at the sun nowadays. Doesn't that speak volumes? I don't think much more needs to be said after this one fact alone, do you?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I was just telling someone about 3 or 4 weeks ago, "you know, the suns become much whiter and brighter in the last 15 years or so".

Ive never looked at the sun, its always been to bright to look directly at; but what I based that statement on, is the color quality of the things and general area illuminated by the sun on a daily basis. It much less yellow than I remember it.

The person thought for a moment, and generally agreed with me, now that they thought about it.

The sun I feel is also much hotter when standing directly in it. Feels like it burns easier. Could be Ozone depletion, but that wouldnt account for the subtle color changes, I believe.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by shortsticks
...part of me that simply can't fathom that all the world and all that it offers now can soon be gone. I mean all the beautiful music and literature and art and all the scientific advancement. But so many cultures of civilizations of before have also had their limelight and also had their countless untold treasures. Most of all that has been buried in one form or fashion, so to me it's not hard to imagine the same happening today. Besides, when we have so many toxic substances to our earth in existence, and toxic minds, why shouldn't our solar system and earth in particular look upon our condition and need to remove it? I wouldn't treat anything but a cancerous part of my body as something other than that which needs to be removed. Do hope my ramblings are somewhat coherent.
You and i,everything around us,everything within us and even the earth itself,were all born from out of a star we call the sun and someday all will return to her nuclear womb...

Unless humanity somehow finds a way for some of us to move away from the earth before the sun expands into a red giant star...

Unfortunately,people cant seem to stop hating and killing eachother long enough for us to be able to do something about saving ourselves,or saving some future generation,who sooner or later will be faced with the annihilation of everything...

All that will remain of humanity is our deep space probes,drifting through the void of ancient light,to be found by the members of some alien civilization,who will not be able to find the origin of those probes,because the earth will have been swallowed by the sun and be gone forever...
edit on 13-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
Could be Ozone depletion, but that wouldnt account for the subtle color changes, I believe.
We never look at the sun,because we are only able to see the sun through the earths atmosphere and as the earths atmosphere changes,the suns apparent brightness and perceived color seems to change as well...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia
reply to post by blocula

I have been looking at the sun for 55 years....I know what it looks like.

It was not what I usually see.

I never really tried looking at the sun,its always been too bright to look at.I just gave it the usual and casual fraction of a second glance that most everyone else does every so often and so i've never noticed anything different about its brightness and color.But i do know that earths atmosphere is changing,which is making the sun appear somewhat differently and i also know that my eyes are getting older as well and so even my bedside lamp light seems brighter now when i turn it on in the dark,than it did when i was younger...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

you got it brother/sister. I'm thinking it's now safe to reply as much as I want, w/o worrying about lots of attention? I would think that this thread would be more highly scrutinized by the mods when it was in the limelight so to speak. I'm sure the same standards apply on this forum, that we must contribute a lot for one of our posts to stand. Still, I would like to comment on every post made now, even if it's just a thank you or whatnot for having the courage to post something. Usually I don't think these sort of replies make the cut, as some of my previous posts have not made the cut. Yeah, good and bad. Sometimes I wish I could just embrace the other like souls. But I know it pushes me to think more about my post, and that is also good. So I don't know. In any case, thanks for your account. Words are powerful I believe whole-heartedly. And not the simplest of words I think shall ever go unnoticed.

I'll try in my next reply to give my post more substance however, just in case, as it were, until I learn the particular ropes around here.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by prophetboy12
Amazing that the same time that the earth is re-calibrating the sun is doing the same. Many prophecy's speak of the sun shining like a thousand suns. Solar cycle 24 a powerful cycle. Powerful because it is the completion of a two 12 solar cycles. An Alpha cycle and an Omega cycle. the beginning and the end. The soul will also be affected by this cycle. Every time there is a heavy CME bombardment the sun of even pressure, the earth's core will reflect that energy by the acceleration of earthquakes. Cycles are identified by the date and time. This years cycle will become more intense as it is reflecting the energy of angles. The closer it gets to 12/21/12 which is the 12:00 line of beginning and completion the more you will see and feel the intensification of everything. For instance sunspot 1450 now has a complex which could result in M-class flares. If it can produce M-class flares it can also produce X-class flares. Watch how these flares and activity on the sun heat up the closer it gets to the 12th of each month. Did you know that between the 9.0 and 7.4 earthquake that for a week the sun sent out a radioactive signal of 180 Mhz. Hmmmm 180, 180 degrees, take a 180, change your ways and go the other direction. A warning. Time is short we think in terms of human and human existence and we are not thinking in terms of the soul's existence. We are so concerned with our human lives that we are forgetting the more important spiritual ( soul) life. The planet has a destiny too..

Wow I really do feel honored to have you visit my thread, and to make such candid statements as these. I wish I could fathom more deep mysteries as you do, but I think in the end we are on the same wavelength, if that's not insulting to you in any way!

I just looked at the sun on soho, and it looks like that the triangular formation of a few days back isn't there anymore. That was indeed curious. Most of us do look at sunspots, but surely sunspots won't be the indicator for what is to come shortly. Just my gut.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

In case noone noticed, I'm a movie nut, so your post also reminds me of the movie Before Sunrise. There's a lady astrologer or something that reminds us that we are all star dust. the male ego tries to dismiss her wisdom, even tho he is the more inward thinker, the lady just wants to have fun with the notions presented to her. don't know what this really means but I suspect that none of us on a conscious level want to think about our true origins...or our true destination: stars.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

but yet isn't there a change in our star, irregardless of our atmosphere? I do think so.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

It's too bad you posted this imo, because just when I thought you were getting somewhere, in the end it's the same bit of reasonable doubt interwoven into the fabric of our perceived reality to cause the average person to wonder, that yeah, maybe it's just our atmosphere after all. perhaps nothing to dwell upon after all. again, deeply concerned about this angle.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by shortsticks

I said that because its very true.We on the surface of earth are never able to look at the sun,we are only able to look at the sun through the earths atmosphere.So our eyes are unable to see what it really looks like.If the suns perceived color and apparent brightness are changing,our eyes are unable to see what those changes actually are.Is the sun really getting brighter? Is the sun really changing color? Or does it only seem to be changing in those ways because our atmosphere is getting thinner? or more polluted? On a clear day wee see a blue sky,but its not blue,its colorless and invisible,we cant see what it really looks like.Why does my bedside lamp light seem much more brighter now when i turn it on in the dark,than it did when i was younger? The light bulbs wattage remains the same,but my eyes are getting older...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Why does my bedside lamp light seem much more brighter now when i turn it on in the dark,than it did when i was younger? The light bulbs wattage remains the same,but my eyes are getting older...

That's actually a bad example, Watts is merely a measurement of the energy used Joules/sec to be exact.
The actual lumens of the bulbs has in fact changed over the years as our light bulb technology changes.

As for being or not being able to see a change in the sun due to looking through the atmosphere that isn't entirely right.
Since the make up of the atmosphere on any given day is dependent on prevailing wind patterns and your geographic area, particulate levels, pollution even humidity your standard of saying that the sun is or isn't brighter is wrong.
Does the atmosphere affect the way we view the sun yes, but if it were the only factor as you imply there would be an almost daily change.

I'm not making an argument for the sun being or not being brighter here, I am just saying your argument isn't sound.
The sun is for the most part consistent from day to day regardless of the atmospheric changes.
If your thesis were true the suns brightness and color would be all over the place.
In the long term there might be a change, but it would be based more on the make up of the sun than the atmosphere.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Pigraphia

I think its a perfect example and a very meaningful one.Becasuse the lamp light never use to hurt my eyes,when i turned it on in the dark when i was younger and now it does hurt my eyes and it does seem much brighter now that i am older and so my eyes are also more aged.The lamplight and the sunlight are both emitting photons into my eyes and thats why they are a reasonable comparison.The invisible air that i see the lamplight filtered through,is the same invisible air that i see the sunlight filtered through...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Pigraphia

I think its a perfect example and a very meaningful one.Becasuse the lamp light never use to hurt my eyes,when i turned it on in the dark when i was younger and now it does hurt my eyes and it does seem much brighter now that i am older and so my eyes are also more aged.The lamplight and the sunlight are both emitting photons into my eyes and thats why they are a reasonable comparison.The invisible air that i see the lamplight filtered through,is the same invisible air that i see the sunlight filtered through...

The lamp lights are brighter now than before so it's not a good correlation.

It's also not the same "invisible air".
If you actually knew anything about electro magenetics and radiation(which light is) you would know that the distance the light travels through a gas affects it.
It bends it defracts(sp) it.
The 5-20 feet of air in your house which for the most part is homogenius is no where near the miles of heterogenius air the suns rays travels through.
Throw in the magnetic field of the earth which bends the rays as well.

Your examples are not good examples because they are no equivalent.

Light bulbs are brighter, whether the sun is or isn't is up for debate and we would need more data.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31 >>

join