It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons why I believe the sun is more luminous and why it matters to you

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lldd182
reply to post by shortsticks

But I'll look out for that blue sun
Even if the sun starts appearing to have a blue tint,doesnt mean that its actually turning a blue color.The sun might start to seem to become bluish,for more or less the same reasons why our sky looks blue,but really isnt blue at all,its actually clear,its invisible...
edit on 5-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
reply to post by paradox

You know what if you had asked in a more polite manner I might just have went digging for some. But as your request was pretentious in the extreme, " No".

This response was expected.

edit on 4-5-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Or the sun is fake and they adjusted the brightness

Hey this is a conspiracy forum right?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by holywar666

Once again,your thinking way outside the box,just like i do and i have also thought that we may be living beneath an artificial light thats not really 93 million miles away,but is actually much closer and smaller than we are led to believe it is...
edit on 5-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I agree that chemtrails are and have been, at least for the most part, an attempt to reduce global warming by bouncing sunlight back into space and off of Earth. Also, I believe that the global warming, while very real, is due more to something happening to our entire solar system than something manmade by emissions (although I admit that we humans need to clean up our act and not emit so much pollution).

So, even without scientific proof, I do think you are on to something and may be right about what's happening. My theory has been (since I realized chemtrails are real) that something dangerous is happening to our planet, but not so much because of pollution, however I have not thought it is possible for us in the general public to nail it down in such detail as interstellar gas.

The biggest problem is that scientists and our government will not tell us the truth about whatever is happening. So, by design, we don't know what is happening but our intuition tells us something serious is going on. Something serious enough for them to secretly spend billions on all the chemtrail flights and keep it hush hush.

I'm not (yet) buying into the 12/21/12 TEOTWAWKI event thing that is getting more and more discussion on ATS (which I don't mind, I like the puzzle and drama of it), but I do feel like civilization is almost ready to change in some way, somehow, hopefully for the better. Maybe we can avoid mass extinction of our species by narrowly missing some kind of cosmic catastrophe, heal very old societal wounds, and learn to reorganize the world into a better place. It will take more transparency from governments, more respect for nature, and a redistribution of wealth for the well being and advancement of more people on the planet.

Peace and love, y'all.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

While I feel a knee jerk reaction to jump on this bandwagon (I was about blinded today looking at a stoplight...I couldn't even tell if I had a green or red light, and I had spots in front of my eyes for minutes afterwards).....Science seems to be suggesting that the Sun is actually dimming a bit. At least according to this 2009 article....

"Lately, the answer seems to be dimmer. Measurements by a variety of spacecraft indicate a 12-year lessening of the sun's "irradiance" by about 0.02% at visible wavelengths and 6% at EUV wavelengths. These results, which compare the solar minimum of 2008-09 to the previous minimum of 1996, are still very preliminary. EVE will improve confidence in the trend by pinning down the EUV spectrum with unprecedented accuracy." SOURCE

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
It's forevever amusing that a species that has only been here an infinitesimal fraction of the time the Sun has, thinks it's headed for cataclysm now.

Human beings are so special...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Perhaps modern life has effected our sensitivity to sun light.

Too much working, too much school, too much staying inside the house.

Too much florescent and unnatural lights... too much staring at the t.v., computer, and phone screens.

Too much sunglasses.

edit on 4/6/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

i have very clear memories of the sun from 20 years ago, it was yellow, not brashly white like it is now. fools can doubt what they can see with their own eyes because scientist monkeys tell them so. i trust my eyes.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by shortsticks
reply to post by GhostLancer

I'm so glad you posted, It confirms to me that the sun has a crazy blue look to it. Find anyone anywhere beyond my thread who has ever made the claim the sun is bluish..

I'm not sure what you mean, exactly. Again, my childhood friend/artist always colored her suns blue, and the rationale was stated. "When you look directly at it, it looks blue." But, that may be nothing more than luminous overload of optical receptors in our eyes, like when you see something bright and it leaves a trailing ghost image. Also, NASA footage of the sun shows that it is bright yellow/orange/gold. Still, there is a possibility that the sun could actually be blue, surrounded by traditionally colored (yellow/orange/gold) flames.

But, the concept of the sun as being "blue" is no new thing and my personal experiences from childhood have proven that others have, decades ago, considered the sun to be blue.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious
It's forevever amusing that a species that has only been here an infinitesimal fraction of the time the Sun has, thinks it's headed for cataclysm now.

Human beings are so special...
Doesnt really matter how long the suns been there and it doesnt really matter how long we've been here either,a solar cataclysm coud happen tomorrow,it could even happen today...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by holywar666

Yes it's very likely we're all living inside a much bigger version of The Truman show and they put a brighter bulb in the sun with a different colour temperature

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by shortsticks
our solar system traverses an interstellar gas cloud

Can you please give some links to scientific explanations an scientific confirmation that this is happening now, i would like to read more about this?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I remember as late as the early 90's the sun was more of a golden color and not only is todays sun whiter but instead of the warm feeling i used to notice back in the 90s it has more of a stinging feeling to it now. I figured it was due to our weakening magnetosphere and the atmosphere taking more of the brunt of force from Solar flares / cme's
edit on 6-4-2012 by Joeycakes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

I grew up in rural west coast Scotland and visual atmospheric pollution there isn't a factor.
edit on 6-4-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
While some reports say there is less luminosity from the sun, the cosmic rays reaching earth have increased, due to the suns weakest magnetic field for at least 20 years,solar scientists are having conferences about this very issue.

Some details here...

Beginning six months ago, ACE satellite data showed a rise in cosmic rays reaching Earth from the Milky Way galaxy. By now, cosmic ray intensity has increased 19% because our sun is so quiet that its reduced magnetic field isn’t deflecting cosmic rays like it has the past few decades. If our sun remains quiet, there could be a 30% increase in cosmic rays reaching Earth in the next year or so – an intensity not seen since 1960. Increased cosmic rays can damage electronic systems and even DNA in living creatures.

thecosmicheart.blogspot.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Your view should be pretty much the same as mine then, like the photo I posted on the previous page. I'm more or less on the border, that's the Solway in the pic.
edit on 6/4/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
This has been stated many times. As we grow older, our eyes come more sensitive to light. I'm 22 and I still see Sun as golden, but it comes whiter as we age. Kids see it different, they can see its color, but for older people its too bright to notice colors. Same effect for sky, kids see sky as blue, older ppl see it white. Also spending time on computer makes light sensitivity higher. Kids haven't yet ruined their eyes looking monitor 24/7

Sun is getting brighter, but we don't notice it because process takes millions of years.

But older people see better in dark than kids, as eyes are more sensitive to light.

And we would see if Sun is getting brighter from plants, their color would change little.
edit on 6-4-2012 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

There's all this talk during the first few pages of people who look at the sun on purpose and seemingly stare at it. I knew a guy who did that and has a permanent hole in his retina. Not a good idea, or something to be encouraged. If the sun attracts you so much by all means, worship it, but from afar when it comes to eyesight.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Thank you for posting your observation. It falls into place with mine. About 15 years ago I remarked to a friend that the sun is now whiter and hotter. He told me that was his observation as well.

This concerned me, I'm not a scientist, so have no background on the cause. But the result was that I could no longer spend time in the sun.

For those with the $$, you might want to purchase a sea going container, and place it underground with concrete and crushed Granite on top. The granite will be less expensive than lead and copper and do as good a job of absorbing harmful rays.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join