It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons why I believe the sun is more luminous and why it matters to you

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Technically the Sun is white. The reason it appears yellow is because of our atmosphere. If its appearance has changed it is due to the changes in the atmosphere.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stanats

there are always more than one option. al gore is in place to give us the tax in any case. you should've gotten this by now. don't rush tho by any means, rush L you have all the time in the world to get things right. but sad you're so far from the end/truth when the world is about to... oh crap I said too much now. lol

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

not true, I'm glad that persons like you exist on this forum. there has to be a counter weight. whereas I can't argue the specifics like you can, it ultimately doesn't matter. we've all made our minds up beforehand anyway. and to those some folks on the fence, i'll either bring them over to my side or your posts will bring them over to yours. change of the heart has nothing to do with facts, that I learned a long time ago. I personally believe I have facts on my side, and just because I'm not good enough to argue against all supposed facts here, doesn't mean I'm wrong. I'm just not smart enough to. There's always someone smarter. Doesn't make them right.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by shortsticks
reply to post by stanats

there are always more than one option. al gore is in place to give us the tax in any case. you should've gotten this by now. don't rush tho by any means, rush L you have all the time in the world to get things right. but sad you're so far from the end/truth when the world is about to... oh crap I said too much now. lol

You will be happy to know that the drivel you've spouted hardly seems to me like 'you have said too much' about anything. I prefer to stick with facts based on actual measurements when someone goes on about the sun becoming more luminous which puts us on 2 parallel paths that really don't seem to have an intersection point.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

you really think the sun appears yellow today?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stanats

those are a lot of words, to say absolutely nothing. you can try again if you want.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by shortsticks
reply to post by Swills

sorry but anybody who believes the sun is powered by nuclear fusion is just retarded. and I mean that literally, and in your case, mentally. care to show us your scientific evidence of a sustained nuclear reaction from start to finish as proposed by nuclear sun proponents? that's right. you can't.

you can't.

you can't.

do I make myself clear enough for you?

I find it funny you have the gall to remark on someone's English grammar when in fact your grammar is atrocious.

Back on topic, if you think modern science is retarded that's your opinion,... an unintelligent, unfounded, opinion that is based of off what? What gives you any authority to call Science retarded? Like I said, if you want to LEARN about the SUN take a damn class or if you can't then you can also BUY A BOOK, or if you can't even do that I'm sure there's a YouTube video somewhere that will very slowly explain the nuclear reaction in the Sun. I've showed you 2 websites already that have all the information you need but your ignorant self ignores said website while claiming they are retarded and you are... what? You are ignorant.

Once again, I'll do the leg work for you and provide more information why Science is right and your opinions are ignorant.

It's a damn shame your true ignorant colors didn't come out until now because unfortunately people have been agreeing with your ignorant self and chances most people won't read past page 4 of this baseless thread of yours.

Deny ignorance or embrace it? You bear hug it.

edit on 5-4-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626

As for the sunsets changing I must disagree. I notice that the 'glow' of evening lasts far longer that i remember. But then again, memory is a tricky thing.

Wouldn't that support what OP is saying here? The Sun is brighter, so it would make sense the "evening glow" is lasting longer.

I'm on board with the sun being MUCH brighter these days. "White" as opposed to "Yellow" is a good way to describe it.
With respect to any doomsday prophesies surrounding that.. well, I have to say that I'm resisting the urge to fall prey to fear revolving these kinds of things any more. What's the point? If the sun suffers some kind of catastrophe, we're dead. end of story.

Personally, I think life will carry on. I'm planning for a bright (punny!) and fruitful future. And that's certainly nothing to be afraid of.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Technically the Sun is white. The reason it appears yellow is because of our atmosphere. If its appearance has changed it is due to the changes in the atmosphere.

Wouldn't the fact that it appears white now, vs. yellow in the past indicate that there are LESS pollutants in the atmosphere now then? That clearly doesn't make sense.

Unless there is another atmospheric phenomenon accounting for it, other than pollution.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
And of course, the usual troop will be here, telling you that what you see with your own eyes is false.

I totally agree. I spent most of my childhood outside. I remember what the sun looked like. We did not have a car, and walked everywhere so I can tell you with utmost conviction that I know what the sky looked like.
You could glance at it, and it was a bright yellowish circular object in the sky. I remember golden sunrises and red sunsets. These are all gone. As recently as 9 years ago, when my family and I first moved to San Diego, the sun as I remembered it still existed.

That has all changed. Being an outdoors person, I love walking, hiking and swimming. But now I hate the white sky. There is hardly ever a day of true blue skies, that we had when we moved to So Cal. This is why so many of us pay $2100 for a two-bedroom, right???? Most days now start off with gray cloud cover. Some days it stays cloudy, other days the clouds part and there is blue-ish sky. But then it turns white. I have taken countless pictures of the progress. It does not even LOOK like a sky anymore. Even areas that appear to be somewhat blue, are mottled by strange white-ish grids and gauzy haze inside of it. The oddest thing I have seen. It is not cirrus clouds, and I know MY clouds. It is much higher. At one point, I thought I was going nuts, but I asked around and others saw the same.

And now, back to the sun. The sun is SO bright and uncomfortable, I can not even look at the general area of sky it is in. The white gauzy haze makes it even more uncomfortable and seems to extend the brightness out. I have taken pics of the sun with my camera and can usually no longer even pick up an orb..it is just a oozy, white mess. This is on supposedly cloudless days..but the camera picks up the haze, too. I would, at one point, have tacked it up to smog, but friends all over are reporting the same thing..even people out in the boonies.

I also notice something else. Gone is the warming, buzzy feeling of the sunlight on your skin. It used to feel like a treat to sit on a warmish or cool day and have the sun warm your skin. Now, it usually feels sad and cool..or sometimes so hot, my skin burns quickly (and we are not burners in our family..we tan). Very odd.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Wouldn't the fact that it appears white now, vs. yellow in the past indicate that there are LESS pollutants in the atmosphere now then? That clearly doesn't make sense.

Unless there is another atmospheric phenomenon accounting for it, other than pollution.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Sun's stellar classification, based on spectral class, is G2V, and is informally designated as a yellow dwarf, because its visible radiation is most intense in the yellow-green portion of the spectrum and although its color is white, from the surface of the Earth it may appear yellow because of atmospheric scattering of blue light.[14][15]

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Hey OP...

It's my own personal crazy belief that the sun is also not only whiter, but starting to show a crazy blue color when you try to look at it for even a second.

You admit yourself that it's a crazy baseless belief, yet you go around calling someone 'mentally retarded' for using modern scientific information and common knowledge which you simply choose to ignore? Sorry, but that's really #ing stupid. Oh but wait "that's not how you remember it!!!" Let's just all drop scientific progress and listen to the random stranger on ATS! I just looked at the sun and it's bright and yellow just like it has always looked. Maybe if you didn't spend so much time staring into the sun as a kid, it wouldn't look.... blue?

edit on 4-5-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
And here we have it.
Doesn't make a blind bit of difference that light right now at this very moment is perfectly normal, isn't in the slightest white ,and that the sun is still a bountiful yellow and has been all day when it's peeked from behind a cloud, someone knows better obviously.

I remember summer holidays lasting forever, doesn't mean they actually did.
edit on 5-4-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I'm not sure what to belive. I do know that the moon sure gave off a lot of light lately even though it was
not full. That might be related to its distance from earth I don't know. It could be that we are in for a whopper of
a solar storm. What it will do to us remains somewhat of a mystery. There is basically nothing dumb about
getting a generator and or solar panels or have water stored..but it all requires space and work and nothing
is safe in some places..not your stuff..not secrets..nothing. The old folks had to store up food they had
grown for the winter..there was no food stamp assistance etc..Just because something is here today does
not mean it won't be shut down tomorrow. If a store is privately owned and operated they may opt to stay open
and sell goods while other corporate stores have opted to shut down..in case of a hurricane for instance.I know
a guy who had bought a generator and when a hurricane came..guess what? he was sharing his generator
with the neighbors: running back and forth from one to another..that's exausting. He could afford one..I cannot.
Sorry for getting off topic but it does say there will be signs in the moon and sun I think?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

excellent.

on a seemingly unrelated topic, anybody else having connection problems? I hate having to type up a response and then waiting forever to see if it took or not. other sites at the same time seem to be doing fine, just not this one.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by shortsticks

Agreed, my post is silly... your post is silly and we will sit sillily and spin around the sun as it produces the same amount of light it has for a long time and a long time to come.

I freely admit projecting what the sun will do in the near future might bring the wrath of primal gods down upon all our heads but will take the risk, silly as that is.

If you are indeed correct, then rejoice as your plants gain a teensy bit of energy and the trees provide a teeny bit more shade and old folks slap on a teensy bit more make-up...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by shortsticks

Just to start, you do know that you begin a sentence with a capital letter, right? Also, just looking at your many posts it seems you don't know how to use a period properly. We could knit pick your posts all day but really whats the point? I can't believe I have to point this out to someone who says they're a grammar nut. Do you not see your glaring grammar mistakes?

Tbh, I don't care about anyone grammar but since you were attacking a poster about his usage of the English language, which btw there was nothing wrong with said post, while your usage is lacking. That's what is known as being a hypocrite, the pot calling the kettle black, so to speak.

And yes, ATS is running like crap today!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I hope you all are aware that the sun's luminosity fluctuates and does change with the solar min / max ?

Solar Luminosity

That our sun has fluctuations in it's brightness, temp, and neutrino output?

Source

Did you know that every time you look up in the sky and see those very puffy white clouds, the light that is hitting your eye is reflecting the actual color of the sun, due to the fact that those clouds are made up of water droplets and ice crystals, and are reflecting all light back off of them?

Why are clouds white?

Why are clouds white

So were all the clouds yellow to you in the past on sunny day? I don't remember that.

I do know that I've seen different kinds of sunsets over the years, depending on what was going on in the world:

San Diego Sunsets

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I used to look at the sun sometimes when i was a child. It hurt my eyes.

Nowadays, I look at the sun sometimes, and it hurts my eyes.

I don't think anything has changed.

Maybe it's because I'm getting old and if I hadn't have looked at the sun when I was a child, I would be able to look at it now. I dunno. It sure is bright though. Always has been as far as I remember.

Ask an astronomer.

Good luck!

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join