It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Napolitano: I Think the President Is Dangerously Close to Totalitarianism

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LibertyCrazy

Obama is far more intelligent than you or the "birthers" care to acknowledge.

But I see that you attack his intelligence when you have nothing to substance to use against him.

This "Judge" should get off of his ass and do something. He sounds like another Alex Jones/Jesse Ventura clone. They make their money by pointing out this # but they do NOTHING to stop it!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by manta78
Wow.... This is one judge who continues to not be afraid to speak his mind.

I fear for his safety. Really. And considering how Obama treats the SCOTUS ... I'd say that the judge's comments are getting pretty close to reality. IMHO - Obama would flatten them with a steam roller if he could. He's got no respect and no patience for the Judiciary branch of our government.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by braindeadconservatives

As far as I know they use unemployment benefit data to work out the job rate. I happen to know so many people unemployed who either did not qualify for unemployment or their benefits ran out and the STILL don't have a job. I know one poor kid who pounds the pavement every day looking, who used to work all the time and would again if he could find a job!
I call BS.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by LibertyCrazy

Obama is far more intelligent than you or the "birthers" care to acknowledge.

But I see that you attack his intelligence when you have nothing to substance to use against him.

This "Judge" should get off of his ass and do something. He sounds like another Alex Jones/Jesse Ventura clone. They make their money by pointing out this # but they do NOTHING to stop it!

As for Obama's "intelligence", I would merely point out that there is a vast difference between being a data pool and having any real usable wisdom.

I concur on your additional observations. All blow and no go is the lot for Alex Jones/Jesse Ventura clones. They keep the outraged pawns under control by allowing them to vent without any real damage to the owners of this country.
edit on 6-4-2012 by romanmel because: typo

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives

Originally posted by sonnny1
Seriously,I don't care if Obama was a Republican,Democrat,Independent,or outright Communist.His Job as President,is a GIGANTIC failure. People need to look past Party lines,and vote this man out. 4 more years,will bring the death of this Country . I look at it this way. What has Obama done to make my life any better? What has Obama done to make this Country any better? Honestly,I cant think of anything.

The economy keeps adding jobs every month, going from a point from where it was losing
750,000 a month to gaining 250,000 a month.

Does that count at all or is a million job spread really just poor performance?

120k this time. Not so very good at all.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
C'Mon you people what did you all expect? were you not listening to his past, the guy demonstrated he was a Racist Radical, now i am not surprised he was elected, what else did we have Mcain OMG, this guy was and still is looking to get square for his POW status, he wants to bomb the world, thank heavens for Obama.

Another 4 years and you can forget it, that is the time they feather their nests, as they know they are history and need to pump up their $$$, and here we have his competition MITT oh SH-T so looks like Obama again get ready folks.

Did anyone hear Obama's comment to the Russian Pres? when the mike was left open, he told him he (Obama) would have more flexibility after the election, so sounds like a done deal, where are you Ron Paul for heavens sake< Americas only hope.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
No modern President has questioned the Supreme Courts right to "make" a decision.

WRONG!
BUSH MOST CERTAINLY DID.

The President is pushing TOWARDS Totalitarianism. Thats what he wants.

By quoting Republicans?
I think you people have jumped the shark

S&F

Yeah, how is overturning Roe V. Wade going?

So full of # you all are.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

He got it wrong, unless Napolitano is covering up for the real totalitarian regime that is already running our nation, the corporate dictatorship, blaming the president itself is just stupidity.

Any president that comes to the white house regardless of party affiliation is rule by our corporate dictatorship.

People needs to understand that fact

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by manta78
Wow.... This is one judge who continues to not be afraid to speak his mind.

I fear for his safety. Really. And considering how Obama treats the SCOTUS ... I'd say that the judge's comments are getting pretty close to reality. IMHO - Obama would flatten them with a steam roller if he could. He's got no respect and no patience for the Judiciary branch of our government.

There is more to the story. Obama made the -mistake?- on purpose.

Former White House Spokesperson Dana Perino says that line was rehearsed

several times before Obama said it in the Rose Garden.

Make sure you get all 3 words together: Unprecedented / Extraordinary /

Strong Majority.

Team Obama has already received word from one of the SCOTUS justices

(probably Kagan) that ObamaCare is dead RIP. So now they need a campaign

issue. They need new villains. - The Justices voting down ObamaCare -

Do you see?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by manta78

He got it wrong, unless Napolitano is covering up for the real totalitarian regime that is already running our nation, the corporate dictatorship, blaming the president itself is just stupidity.

Any president that comes to the white house regardless of party affiliation is rule by our corporate dictatorship.

People needs to understand that fact

Exactly...

Any who still thinks this mess we call Amerika can be cured at the ballot box are living in a delusion.

The opportunity to change the direction of this shipwreck of a nation ended when TPTB put a bullet through the head of the last American hero, John F Kennedy.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
The Supreme Court decided every arrest deserves a strip search and corporations are people. i dont think its Obama's healthcare that's turning this country into a Totalitarian state... It's conservative judges.

It wasnt a conservative judge that decided to scan every man woman and child that flys on a plane. I believe that happened during the Obama administration if my memory is correct.

It wasnt a conservative judge that decided to use Drones for survelance purposes in the United States and kill US citizens without due process, again, that has all happened under the Obama Administration.

Want more examples?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

They found their new villain. It's conservative judges.

You have pointed out the fallacy in their arguments.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by kellynap43

They found their new villain. It's conservative judges.

You have pointed out the fallacy in their arguments.

[JURIST] President Bush Monday denounced "activist judges" who have struck down state laws banning same-sex marriage [JURIST news archive] as he urged Congress to approve the so-called Marriage Protection Amendment [text, PDF] defining marriage as the union of a man and a woman. At a White House event, Bush said [transcript]:

I can do this all day. The judges of all courts have been the enemy of the GOP for some time. Obama was even talking about that in what you are all attacking. What is good for the goose is good for the gander but to most idiots Obama is the first president to ever do anything.
Republicans want an individual mandate and spend 30 years fighting for one.
Obama implements one and they criticize him for taking over.
Republicans appoint Czars over 30 years ago setting a precedent that only G.W.Bush managed to take to record levels so far.
Obama gets called a dictator for naming anyone a Czar.
Republicans criticize any judge anywhere that does not tow the line and they have been campaigning on overturning the supreme court for decades now.
Obama is a tyrant for mentioning it.

If only you guys could be intellectually honest this country might get somewhere.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This administration and congress has already said statements similar to "suspend the elections for congress until we can fix all the problems".

I think President Bush was close to doing the same thing, and if President Obama loses in November, or in October it looks like he will lose I wouldn't be surprised if he rams though an emergency "can't vote in a new President in a state of Emergency" BS law.

The people would revolt, but the government has guns.
Bush was probably very close to considering this going into his second election and I wouldn't put it past Obama.

It's just getting to the point where no one in office can be trusted.

I do hope I am just paranoid and this won't happen though.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pigraphia
This administration and congress has already said statements similar to "suspend the elections for congress until we can fix all the problems".

I think President Bush was close to doing the same thing, and if President Obama loses in November, or in October it looks like he will lose I wouldn't be surprised if he rams though an emergency "can't vote in a new President in a state of Emergency" BS law.

The people would revolt, but the government has guns.
Bush was probably very close to considering this going into his second election and I wouldn't put it past Obama.

It's just getting to the point where no one in office can be trusted.

I do hope I am just paranoid and this won't happen though.

You will be very pleased with the November 2012 election results.

A Republican will be moving into the White House in January 2013.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Is only one way to cure America and it will need the help of every tax payer and voters in the nation along with patriots, it will not involve elections, that thought makes most Americans scare.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LErickson

So full of # you all are.

Thank you for the complement.

A joy and a pleasure I have sparked such a novel response out of you.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I think Judge Napolitano has likes to use buzzwords he doesn't know the meaning of. The man is just another phony conservative pushing the true Totalitarian agenda of the Republican Party. It doesn't take a genius to figure out the plan is to undo all the gains the people in this country have made in the last century. New voter laws, blame the illegals for everything, destroy the unions, and push religion on to us. Want further proof of what the agenda is just look what the Republican controlled legislature in Michigan is doing.

Part 1

Part 2

edit on 6-4-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
reply to post by Res Ipsa

You do understand what I said, don't you? The man challenged the ability of the Supreme Court to judge the constitutionality of the law. This isn't about him disagreeing with them; it's about him directly questioning and challenging the Supreme Court's jurisdiction to even weigh it.

And calling me a RINO is about the most hilarious accusation I've ever seen against me; seriously, it made my day.

Yes, I understood what you said....and what you are saying now. You believe that Obama is challenging the ability of the Supreme Court to judge the constitutionality of the law...But of course what Obama was communicating was that there is nothing unconstitutional about the law and since there is nothing unconstitutional about it then he expects the Court to leave their political bias out of this.

Now, anyone that has followed the Court, and their decisions, knows that political ideology carries a lot of weight in their decisions.......Look at Bush v Gore.......I pick that one especially for you. Bet you didn't mind that travesty of justice........You are going to vote for Romney or even a lamp post, as long as they are running against Obama. Anything is better right? No true conservative could stomach voting for Romney, we lost 2012, all that is left is to send a clear message that we won't settle again.......you are letting your hatred of Obama cloud any rational thought regarding the issue of this thread.

Obama said nothing wrong. Any objective, informed person understands this, and it certainly should be a wake up call for any person that claims to value "denying ignorance," if they think for one second that Obama was saying that the Supreme Court lacks judicial review authority.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeSigh

I NEVER understood why anyone would vote for a man who spent all of his time in a newly elected office campaigning for a different one. He didn't do ANYTHING as a Senator except run for POTUS. He never did the job he was elected to do. I don't respect that and I don't respect people who voted for him knowing that.

He still hasn't done the job he was elected to do.
He is doing the job he wanted to do, not what he promised to do.
This man is either a fraud, incompetent, or a manchurian candidate. I can't tell which but I have my leanings.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join