It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Napolitano: I Think the President Is Dangerously Close to Totalitarianism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Me : I think Judge Napolitanpo is dangerously clode to diabetes and heart disease and is only playing to the political right. He's been the Joker, Hitler and everything under the Sun. Now he's just encompassing all of them and Obama is just totalitarian. Cuz you know, all his policies and budgets and job programs have been passed without Congress.
reply to post by spinalremain

WOW that is just sad......yeah real sad.

Judge Napolitanpo is right, nothing more nothing less. But who cares because "diabetes and heart disease" and all that right? Hell lets call him more names and hope that no one will let him on there show.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Originally posted by sonnny1
Unless,you believe that he should. If so,I would love to hear Why .

I believe we will be better off with Obama than we will with Romney or *shudder* Santorum. Obama is awful, but the GOP is really offering nothing better. I truly fear a Romney/Santorum presidency. Well, Santorum is a hyper-religious stooge, but I sense evil intentions behind Romney; if I can't trust a man, there is no way I want to be lead by him.

At least with Obama we know what we're getting; Romney is a pathological liar and flip-flopper. This whole notion of "vote Obama out no matter the price" is really childish; anyone who votes against Obama without considering the consequences of voting into power his opposition is acting brainlessly and thus should not have a right to vote.

Do you support the 2nd Amendment? If so, what do you think Obama will do to our guns with just one more judge on the Supreme Court?

How can you be so willfully blind not to see the difference between Obama and [fill-in-the-blank]?

He's the anti-Christ.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hey, I'm a fan of Judge Napolitano but he was being overly dramatic here.

Here's the reality: The man (Obama) just isn't that bright. Very often when he gets off TelePrompTer he ends up "mis-speaking" or saying things that are flat out wrong. He uses considerable qualifiers and generalities and is fairly awkward except when he's talking about casual subjects such as basketball or the superbowl.

Now that being said, the man can knock a TelePrompTed speech right out of the park, but that's a practiced skill and nothing more.

I would imagine that his handlers just cringe when ever he gets near an open mike without a prepped speech.

And one last thing, I hate to be persnickety, but the amount of golf the man plays is very telling as well. I certainly would never fault a person for a little rec time, but I honestly think that this man is using golf to hide from the job. His time on the golf course is excessive for a sales guy, let along a chief exec.

Once again, not that smart and hiding from the job. We got a real winner here guys.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Come on, really? I thought we lost the check and balance system way back. Heres JB jr :

The notion that there is any longer a Government of, by and for the people is past tense. Who doesn't understand this?

The US is supposed to be a "Republic". REpresentative PUBLIC. We elect REpresentatives to protect us PUBLIC from greedy, warmongering, foolish men who want to take over. Its that simple. It has always been that simple. Since history began. They do it by legislating away our freedoms and protections a little bit at a time.

Here we are.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Da Judge is dead-on. if you look at the stream of things coming out of the Obama white house, SecDef Panetta and the chairman of the joint chiefs telling congress they only need UN approval for war; NDAA; now, Obama thinks SCOTUS doesn't have the right to question his legislation? Sorry. Barack Obama needs to be a one-term president. Hoping ron paul and his people can do something at the convention that would make repubs see he's their only shot at the white house..and our only chance to stop ourselves from sliding into full dictatorship.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
reply to post by manta78

Hold on, wasn't Obama technically a dictator by the time he was elected in the view of rightwingers? If you asked Napolitano whether Obama was dangerously close to tolalitarianism back in 2009 or 2010, what would he say then? That Obama was slightly but not dangerously close to tolitarianism?

I thought this guy wasn't with Fox news anymore?

huh?

2nd

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mandella1099

basically people where saying the same thing back when he got elected. nothing happened, its just people playing into the right/left game, shame on ATS.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I know my suggestion may sound crazy in view of the number of dictator/socialict/nazi/total whatever accusations that Obama's GOP critics come up with including the partisan judges that appointed Bush to his dictatorial rule, but we are in an election year folks, if you don't like him, don't vote for him!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The only thing obama is any good at is taking vacation after vacation,and campaining,and blowing smoke up our a$$%%

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I guess I should summarize my previous post.

Our ENTIRE system has been corrupted. It's not just one man. They want you to focus on Obama. They want you to focus on one man and use that word dictator every chance you can, he's the scapegoat, he's just a puppet. The truth is it's a large group of people who have control. The fact is(conspiracy aside) Congress has passed every law Obama has signed. Obama just signed them.

By calling Obama dictator, etc. , you're playing right into their hand. They want you to do that.
edit on 5-4-2012 by Ghost375 because: freudian slip lol

If you think Romney is going to be any different from Obama, you have another thing coming.
I'm just not voting. Every last one of them is a scumbag.
edit on 5-4-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

You do understand what I said, don't you? The man challenged the ability of the Supreme Court to judge the constitutionality of the law. This isn't about him disagreeing with them; it's about him directly questioning and challenging the Supreme Court's jurisdiction to even weigh it.

And calling me a RINO is about the most hilarious accusation I've ever seen against me; seriously, it made my day.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck

The man challenged the ability of the Supreme Court to judge the constitutionality of the law. it's about him directly questioning and challenging the Supreme Court's jurisdiction to even weigh it.

Except he didn't say they have no authority to judge it. He just said "imo, they shouldn't" to summarize it.
Here's the full text:

I would just remind conservative commentators that for years what we have heard is the biggest problem on the bench was judicial activism or a lack of judicial restraint. That an unelected group of people would somehow overturn a duly constituted and passed law. Well, this is a good example and I am pretty confident that this court will recognize that and not take that step.

He later said:

Obama also acknowledged that the "Supreme Court is the final say on our Constitution and our laws and all of us have to respect it,"

I #ing hate defending Obama. But I will defend him from illogical attacks. You don't understand how illogical attacks make Obama look good to independents and democrats. It's your illogical attacks on Obama that will guarantee his re-election.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

I #ing hate defending Obama. But I will defend him from illogical attacks. You don't understand how illogical attacks make Obama look good to independents and democrats. It's your illogical attacks on Obama that will guarantee his re-election.

Well look at it this way..........and this is how many see it.

As Senator, President Obama taught courses in Constitutional Law at the University of Chicago and regularly referred to himself as a “Constitutional Law Professor.” For one making such claims, it would only be proper to hold that individual to a higher standard regarding interpretation of Constitutional Law. It is fair to say that Obama’s comments regarding “Judicial Activism” is highly hypocritical, not so much from a judicial perspective, but rather activism in of itself.

And the kicker.........

Furthermore, Obama’s warnings to the Supreme Court are greatly concerning. These comments suggest the Supreme Court should not cross Obama and his agenda. Obama more or less publically challenged the Supreme Court, with his continued use of bullying and intimidation tactics. Our Founding Fathers were brilliant in their implementation of separations of power. Obama has time and time again used his authority to overreach and power grab the powers of the legislative branch via executive order. Obviously Obama is confused about the authority of the Supreme Court, as well as the balance of powers in our form of government.

Obama's Hypocritical Remarks Regarding the Supreme Court

This is how I see it actually. He totally makes himself look like an idiot,hellbent on throwing a hissy fit,because his grandiose healthcare bill,will probably get overturned. Not only that,his title of “Constitutional Law Professor.” is just that,a title,with no bearing. His Narcissistic,Totalitarian ways are coming out,more frequently. You don't have to try and defend Obama. Hes putting his foot in his own mouth,daily. Bulling the Justices isn't going to get them to look at it,in a favorable light.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
You all keep pointing the finger at one person, and you are helping flush the country down the crapper.

edit on 6-4-2012 by JeepEscape because: The stupid; it burns.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck

You do understand what I said, don't you? The man challenged the ability of the Supreme Court to judge the constitutionality of the law. This isn't about him disagreeing with them; it's about him directly questioning and challenging the Supreme Court's jurisdiction to even weigh it.

And calling me a RINO is about the most hilarious accusation I've ever seen against me; seriously, it made my day.

So what's new? The Bush-Cheney-Rove regime took a direct dump on the Constitution multiple times. Welcome to America post-2001. Does anyone here believe one of these Republican candidates are going to turn the tide should they get elected? hahahah!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
i was told judge a man by his actions not his teleprompter words.

The judge is a good man always was and always will be!!!!!!!!

judge N

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

And as usual, I think Judge Napolitano is full of horse#.

Let these "freedom" hypocrites yell as loud as they want because they will gladly violate their own constitution if it means protecting this farce of a country.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Dictators come then they go all the same way all through history! I've been told many a SCUM BAG backers WILL DROWN IN THEIR BILE MOVEMENT because there's nothing esle God has for them to do!!!! Have a nice day in hell ,you deserve every tick of the endless clock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know who I mean. BYE BYE General assumption backed by history.. The Truth you did'nt want to hear.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Former Judge Napolitano authored the 2006 book, The Constitution in Exile: How the Federal Government Has Seized Power by Rewriting the Supreme Law of the Land
From Napolitano, comments like this are not revolutionary and certainly not unique to Obama
Former Judge Napolitano is a regular commentator on Foxnews.
Foxnews is a conservative news outfit.
Obama is not a conservative
This is an election year.

This is the definition of Totalitarian:
to•tal•i•tar•i•an
adj.
Of, relating to, being, or imposing a form of government in which the political authority exercises absolute and centralized control over all aspects of life, the individual is subordinated to the state, and opposing political and cultural expression is suppressed:

Based on this definition, Obama is not a totalitarian.
Based on this definition, the US Government is not a totalitarian regime.
North Korea has a totalitarian government.
By comparing NK to US, the contrast is obvious

There was a reply in this thread where someone implied Obama is responsible for the H.R. 1540 // NDAA 2012 and used this to support their perception of Obama as a dictator
Read this:
“In a statement that accompanied his signature, President Obama said that even though the bill had been revised in congressional negotiations, he still had “serious reservations” about NDAA provisions that regulate the detention, interrogation and prosecution of suspected terrorists. He explained that he had signed the more than 500-page defense bill because of its military funding provisions, despite these continuing concerns.
Obama’s signature brings an official end to a legislative process that began last March, when Representative Buck McKeon and Senator John McCain introduced bills designed to shift counterterrorism responsibilities from law enforcement to the military. (My previous column explains the legislative history of the NDAA’s detention provisions in greater detail.) These bills were grafted onto the NDAA, and revised, under threat of a presidential veto, in House and Senate committees.”

verdict.justia.com...
Yes, Obama did in fact sign this…as well as Repub John McCain, Rebup Buck McKeon…..list goes on…

Also, Obama pounding his chest @ the Supreme Court is about as American as say Thomas Jefferson or Abraham Lincoln. Read below.
www.usatoday.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Obama may have just been speaking from his frustration - not a good trait for a president but he is allowed to let his human show through at times - that his medical law, which now allows children to be fully covered, mandates that insurance companies not use the excuse of preexisting conditions, and extends insurance coverage of older children on a family plan, to be punted aside like a football by five fully insured corporate-backing guys in fancy robes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join