It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Napolitano: I Think the President Is Dangerously Close to Totalitarianism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I just want to add something.

Sure, we may lose our freedom of;
Expression
To bear arms
Self-determination.

But look at all the freedoms we gain under an Obama totalitarian regime.
We gain the freedom from
Individuality
Responsibility
Maturity
Any decision making that might affect our lives.

See? It's all done for us now. A central authority can carry that heavy burden of deciding what you are going to do for a living. They can decide what you eat, when you eat, what to drink, what to smoke, what to wear, where to work, how much to work, how long to work, what to drive, what to buy, where to live.

Easy-peasy, lemon-squeasy.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You are being sarcastic, right ?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FFS4000
reply to post by beezzer

I just wanted to tackle this issue from another direction.

Extol the virtures, as it were.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I did know what Obama was about way back when he was just running for President Elect. People laughed at me.

Now I'm laughing at them.

But it's not like we have any vote in the matter anymore. Our votes just don't matter, it's the wealthy elite who're running this show now, so it really doesn't matter what President we "vote" in, they'll be the same, and they'll all erode our civil rights and liberties.

You see, that's the best way to bring down any superpower, is to take it down slowly from within.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Unless,you believe that he should. If so,I would love to hear Why .

I believe we will be better off with Obama than we will with Romney or *shudder* Santorum. Obama is awful, but the GOP is really offering nothing better. I truly fear a Romney/Santorum presidency. Well, Santorum is a hyper-religious stooge, but I sense evil intentions behind Romney; if I can't trust a man, there is no way I want to be lead by him.

At least with Obama we know what we're getting; Romney is a pathological liar and flip-flopper. This whole notion of "vote Obama out no matter the price" is really childish; anyone who votes against Obama without considering the consequences of voting into power his opposition is acting brainlessly and thus should not have a right to vote.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

It's okay to be confused, he forgot to write it in sarcastica.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I agree with the judge on this...

Obama has never worked a day in his life... his C's got turned into A's at school. He was given EVERYTHING, and never told no....

Now the tide is turning, and hes throwing a tantrum over it...

he has to power grab and make as many enemies as he can (the liberal way to do business) use the less intelligent people as zombies in order to get him re-elected

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I've always felt that Obama was just setting the stage for the next guy. Like he was putting in to place, and taking out of place all the stuff needed for this kind of thing. He uses all this political correctness to stifle anyone who questions hims.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by theshepherd2

reply to post by beezzer

It's okay to be confused, he forgot to write it in sarcastica.

True.

I hit the Ironica font by mistake.

But why not be frank about Obama's actions? Everything he's done has been towards harming the structure that America is currently built on.

Fundamental transformation.

Two very powerful words.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectiveEgalitarian
reply to post by sonnny1

I happen to totally agree with your assessment that Obama's presidency overall has been an utter failure.

From Obama down to the newest tea party far right winger, there has been a complete failure. Congress probably even more to blame than the President at this point. The far right and far left both need to be booted out of Congress for people that will work together.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
reply to post by manta78

Hold on, wasn't Obama technically a dictator by the time he was elected in the view of rightwingers? If you asked Napolitano whether Obama was dangerously close to tolalitarianism back in 2009 or 2010, what would he say then? That Obama was slightly but not dangerously close to tolitarianism?

I thought this guy wasn't with Fox news anymore?

What a WORTHLESS douche comment that was...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Absolutely!

They're all awful. We have nothing but finger pointing, yet the opposition to whatever is going on, never has a better option or idea. All we have had for the last few years is direct political opposition. Polarization to the extreme. Hell, Obama isn't even hard left. Look at his record. He's closer to the center than anyone else blabbing about what we should do. If a person toward the center cannot get the opposition to work with him, who can?

The country is in serious trouble because of all the lobbying and donations from investors. How can you accomplish anything as a team when the different branches of Gov have a different special interest to represent?

Aren't the American ppl supposed to be represented? Wasn't that the main idea when the Constitution was drawn up? Obama is the least of our problems and yet he's the easiest target time and time again.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by braindeadconservatives

"
The economy keeps adding jobs every month, going from a point from where it was losing
750,000 a month to gaining 250,000 a month.

Does that count at all or is a million job spread really just poor performance? "

I'm going to tag this one, but I'm also replying to another post about how the number tallying hasn't been changed. I figured I'd fill you guys in. www.bls.gov... compiles all the statistic analysis on unemployment.

1st: First of all, where did you get these numbers? Link me!

2nd: if we lost 750,000 jobs every 3 months for 4 years, and we gained 250,000 jobs every 3 months for the 6 months how many newly unemployed people do you have? (LOST: 12 million, GAIN: .5 million.) [Lost - gain = 11.5 million jobs lossed] What you were explaining is this scenario. While these are fictitious numbers, they show the scenario you propose. So even, if those are real, and not made up numbers, you point is mute.

3rd: This one regards the other post. Just because the percentages fluctuate up and down doesn't mean with complete absolution that there are less unemployed, it most likely means (in this scenario) they stopped counting people who stopped looking for work. This is something they do, not a made up thing. I find it akward that you would site a UK url for reference to america issues. Refer mostly to bls.gov for the numbers unless you want to compile the numbers yourself. They are one of only 2? ( I think, it's been awhile since we talked about it) organizations that do it. The majority of numbers you see in the media come from there.

A more detailed look at how unemployment rates are compiled, which are done monthly. These unemployment rates are found by defining the size of the labor force. The labor force does not include people who are not seeking work, like a full-time student, stay-at-home parent, or the retired. The [labor force = (# employed) + (# unemployed)] [Unemployment rate = (# Unemployed / Labor force) x 100]. A statistic that most people don't talk about often is the Labor-force participation rate which is equal to the Labor force divided by the Adult population of said country (then x100). The number of people in this country who are unemployed is well above 8.3% (which would be 25 million people ( since there are ~300 million in the US). I'll let you figure the rest out for yourselves, you all seem smart enough to figure this out once presented with some accurate information.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
With so many claims to voter fraud, and what the black panthers pulled last time I'm starting to think we may not can vote this fool out!! I just believe he seems a little to sure of it all, almost like he knows a secret that we as voters don't know.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Mitt Romeny shut down Bain Capital to look for a lost girl.
He acts, he doesn't just talk.

You want to talk about flippers, listen to everything Our Dear Leader says. Then expect just the opposite. I haven't been disappointed yet with this theory.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
You want to talk about flippers, listen to everything Our Dear Leader says. Then expect just the opposite. I haven't been disappointed yet with this theory.

I have developed the exact same theory- and I'm not disappointed with it either- because he proves it over and over again.

I NEVER understood why anyone would vote for a man who spent all of his time in a newly elected office campaigning for a different one. He didn't do ANYTHING as a Senator except run for POTUS. He never did the job he was elected to do. I don't respect that and I don't respect people who voted for him knowing that.

Judge Napolitano is 100% correct.
edit on 5-4-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

YOUR RIGHT! Sign me up!! Related ATS thread here

Not a problem, its a feature.

Like Jimmy Carter and inflation.

President 'Jimmy Carter' from the Oval Office, Washington, DC, October 1978:

"Good evening. On Tuesday, we Americans will have the opportunity to exercise our role as citizens in a free democracy. Yet, only a third of the eligible voters will actually cast ballots. The other two-thirds are, in a sense, very lucky.

Because they do not know what's going on.

Last week, I delivered a message on inflation. Since then, the dollar has dropped in value, the stock market has sustained record losses, and the whole sow price index increased 0.9%. In other words, our economic system is screwed, blued and tattooed! We just have to face the fact that there is simply no way to fight inflation in a capitally-intensive, highly-technological, conflict-riddled, anything-for-a-thrill world of today. That's why, tonight, I want you to try to look for in inflation, an entirely new word:

"Inflation is our friend."

For example, consider this: in the year 2000, if current trends continue, the average blue-collar annual wage in this country will be $568,000. Think what this inflated world of the future will mean - most Americans will be millionaires. Everyone will feel like a bigshot.

Wouldn't you like to own a $4,000 suit, and smoke a $75 cigar, drive a $600,000 car?

I know I would!

But what about people on fixed incomes? They have always been the true victims of inflation. That's why I will present to Congress the 'Inflation Maintenance Program', whereby the U.S. Treasury will make up any inflation-caused losses to direct tax rebates to the public in cash.

Then you may say, 'Won't that cost a lot of money? Won't that increase the deficit?'

Sure it will!

But so what? We'll just print more money! We have the papers, we have the mints.

I can just call up the Bureau of Engraving and say, 'Hi! This is Jimmy. Roll out some of them twenties! Print up a couple thousand sheets of those Century Notes!'

Sure, all these dollars will cause even more inflation, but who cares? Everyone will be a millionaire!

In my speech last week, I said that America would have to undergo an austerity program, but since this revolutionary new approach welcomes inflation, our economy will be free to grow, and we can spend, spend, spend! I believe the watchwords for the 80's should be 'Let's Party!' "

edit on 5-4-2012 by kawika because: added image

edit on 5-4-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I truly believe that if Obama "wins" a second term (that is--if he allows the elections to even take place) it may be the last free election we see. This dude is an out of control, power hungry, narcissistic, wannabe dictator with a god complex. F' him.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Oh absolutely without a doubt. The bills he's passed this year alone are proof enough that he wants to have total control over the citizens. We're going into tyranny, is anyone really surprised though?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives

Originally posted by sonnny1
Seriously,I don't care if Obama was a Republican,Democrat,Independent,or outright Communist.His Job as President,is a GIGANTIC failure. People need to look past Party lines,and vote this man out. 4 more years,will bring the death of this Country . I look at it this way. What has Obama done to make my life any better? What has Obama done to make this Country any better? Honestly,I cant think of anything.

The economy keeps adding jobs every month, going from a point from where it was losing
750,000 a month to gaining 250,000 a month.

Does that count at all or is a million job spread really just poor performance?

What matters is there are less jobs than when he took office and on top of that new people are entering the job market that are not counted in the numbers. They even changed how they calculate the numbers mid-stream to protect themselves from the truth. Transparency my butt. The true unemployment rate is more like 15% and then on top of that underemployment is 20% of those who have jobs. Smoke and Mirrors.

Food is up over 10% in just the last few weeks, but the Administration is still claiming under 3% inflation. They leave real needs out of the equation to trick those who are easy to trick. Wait until that sinks in to people who still think he is a good President. Lot's of folks in denial. His policies are leading to more suffering by the working poor. Watch the store shelves and prices on necessities; the whole country is about to get a lesson.

edit on 4/5/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/5/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join