It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pit Bull Shot In The Head Trying To Protect Owner, But Miraculously Survives

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
And why .

the popularity, the pursuit, the over breeding of it

yet....

the abuse/disposal of that particular dog type?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Exactly. This is the problem. Where are the threads on German Shepards and Dobermans?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
pitts are my favorite breed, hands down.
choclate and black brendal stripe or the greys are my prefered color of them.
i've had them off and on for the last 12 years
they are soooo smart and loving.
that was a good baby.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I have a pittybull as well, and he is the most loyal dog I have ever owned. Dogs are a responsibility, and as another poster pointed out, as long as you raise them without rewarding bad behavior, they will be your best friend for life.

My dog has saved my house from being robbed twice. He saved my wife from being assaulted in a park. He saved a smaller dog from being molested by ANOTHER PITBULL!, and took some pretty bad wounds, but the other pitbull definitely got the worst of it. He loves children and would definitely protect them with his life. He is gentle and even loves my cat, and they cuddle together sometimes.

These dogs get a bad rep mostly because the people that own them are not responsible enough to spend the time to raise them to respect authority. If you want a pitty to be bad, they will certainly oblige you.
Just like any other dog, they can be a problem if you cannot control them.

I am so happy that this dog that was shot has survived. He deserves to live a long life.
edit on 4-4-2012 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

And why .

the popularity, the pursuit, the over breeding of it

yet....

the abuse/disposal of that particular dog type?

Because hip hop glamorized the breed with rappers and hollywood too. Than the media focused on the attacks during a certain time period, as they usually do (such as march with the gun issue). I've heard terrible things of dalmations and actually don't like them too much but I know of people that have them. There is one across the street chained up and if he ever broke loose I would be worried. The pitbulls roaming come right up to me sniff my hand and take off.... My kids stay still and do not run, as this can excite a dog.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This is what I hope any dog would do, defend its owner. This pit bull was only doing what it was suppose to do. For all the pit bull haters out there I have one thing to say. I work with animals and have recently been biten by a dog and guess what, it wasn't a pit. It was a tiny dachsund. How many people get bite by a dog and don't report it to the police. I can only imagine in the thousands, maybe millions. Why, because if you get bite by a small dog you don't report it, but if it is a pit it is straight to the police. I have known small dogs who bite repeatedly and they don't get put to sleep because there cute and small. But, let it be one time by a big dog, usually because the human was doing something stupid or wasn't watching the early signs they cry crazy dog.

My Pit is 5 years old and was raised with my daughter. I trust her around anyone's kids (well you do have to watch that vicious wagging tail), she has protected the neighborhood kids from stray dogs numerous times. I am glad and proud to have such an affectionate and protective dog. She even smiles when you say her name, how can you not love that.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Given that pitbulls are responsible for the majority of dogs attacking/killing humans, by far (31 people were killed in dog attacks in the USA in 2011, 22 of them were exclusively by pit bulls, the other nine were among other various breeds)

and are also the most abused, bred, as well as abandoned breed,

Makes me wonder why most people decide/choose their pet dog was to be a PIT BULL in the first place.

Based on all instances I have witnessed, the person acquired and saw their pet pit bull as a WEAPON to flaunt. That's the long and short of it..

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
You can't speak on what you don't know. If you've never had a pitbull, then you wouldn't know how good they are.

They are very loyal and aggressive dogs, but they can be tamed. I've done it. This dog is truly amazing.. I swear I love their breed. They really just need to be put in the hands of the right owners. It's them who give them the bad rep, the owners and nobody ever looks at them or see them on the news. Just the damn dog.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I've heard that story countless times when I volunteered NYC ASPCA in Chelsea.

unfortunately, the most common circumstance of pitbull abandonment was that the dog bit, and usually had a record of previous bites, and the owner suddenly realized the legal liability

and so denied being the owner altogether, and the pound was called and dropped them off unclaimed.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The deal is, you can put a dangerous weapon in a person who knows what to do with it and a person who doesn't know what to do with it and you will get a bad result from the later.

The poster who mentioned that attacks from smaller dogs arent mentioned is there isn't much of a risk. Ever owned a Cat?? Damn, they can be vicious but you dont see the Swat team shooting a cat.

What everyone says is true, it depends on the owner but also the Media has ALWAYS shown the bread associated with drugs and gangs. If the Police used Pits instead of GS than all of this would be reversed but you would have GS lovers doing the same thing, defending there dog.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Since when are cats killing a child every week or so, on the news?

Are the news lying to us or something? It's REALLY gotten out of hand with pit bulls, people are weaponizing them and the increase in maulings and DEATHS like every week, isn't outrageous?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Since when are cats killing a child every week or so, on the news?

Are the news lying to us or something? It's REALLY gotten out of hand with pit bulls, people are weaponizing them and the increase in maulings and DEATHS like every week, isn't outrageous?

You've never heard the quote "Cats take babys breath away" or something like that? Alot of people believed that, and some blamed SIDS on cats.

What about that chicken that killed that man a few years ago?

Car deaths? Ladders? You have any idea how many die from cleaning windows on high rises???

What about all those little dogs that bite and get away with it?

The ignorant society is a negligent society, a society that is quick to blame, rather than be held accountable for their misdoings or poor decision making.

We can't baby proof the world, but we can be observant and be responsible. Don't blame the breed, blame the owner (seen on a bumper sticker everywhere).

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

You answered your own ? congrats. People make the animal dangerous.

The Cat thing was sort of a joke. Theres the biting issue and a viscous issue and the bigger the dog, the worse the bite. Cats arent verry big that was the point.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I had a pitbull but I had to get rid of it, best dog I've ever had. It was 3 months and it was instinctively guarding me and my girlfriend. Those dogs have a bad reputation because a well trained pitbull WILL NOT seek for fight but NO pitbull backs from a fight they are natural born fighters they have heart...

You can't expect Mike Tyson from backing up from a fight can you? Don't expect a pitbull neither but those dogs are born fighters and will die for their master and won't sissy out ever I'm sure this dog had a bullet through the head and still was trying the eat the crap out of that guy...

My next dog is a pit/staff and it won't be anything else neither those dogs learn real quick and make great dogs early if you are firm enough and keep them well exercised both physically and mentally they'll make really docile and gentle always happy dogs and they are really goofy too.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I agree! Bad dogs normally have even worse owners. I have owned two German Shepherds in my lifetime. They are truly amazing dogs. I had to put my last one down when he was almost 16 years old. That was, without a doubt, the hardest thing I've ever had to do. It was much worse than my divorce, and that was pretty rough.

My daughter and her boyfriend own a pit bull, and he's cool as hell. He'll bark at me when I first arrive at their house, and run like hell when I tell him I'm not afraid of him. He's just a big "wuss".
Much more so than my Shepherds were.

OP:
Thanks for posting this! I love dog stories.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 5-4-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Well ALL KNOW msm is such a pillar of honesty and integrity. The msm would NEVER ignore certain stories and sensationalize others. They stand for pure honesty in reporting and think nothing of ratings. They would also never twist a story to show only one side.....

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
thought it was that rapper at first

welll good for him and good for that dog
what an inspiring story. although one more
pitbull off the street might if you think that way
be actually a damn good thing.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by _R4t_
I had a pitbull but I had to get rid of it

My next dog is a pit/staff and it won't be anything else

Interesting loyal past vs plans

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Are the news lying to us or something?

Is this a rhetorical question? If not, welcome to abovetopsecret, there is lots of information pointing towards the medias disinformation. Putting up stories like this give them ratings, and fearful people hone in on these stories and worry and the more they think about it the more it shows up on tv.

Think outside the (television) box. Get a pitbull puppy and love that thing and train it to be good. Mine was a neighborhood watch dog after hurricane ivan, she chased off a vicious pitbull in a bad neighborhood, she guarded my child, my house, she never peed inside even if it meant breaking out, she never needed a leash or a fence, she could box, sit, lie, shake, stay, and die. She was an awesome dog, and best friend I ever had. No person could replace her.

Seriously, go get one as a puppy and tell me you see it as being vicious if you, a caring sensitive person, raised it up well.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Wreaks of great PR for such a loveable, loyal pal

www.dogsbite.org...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join