It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA 3D Earth Viewer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
learn.arc.nasa.gov...

Check it out. It's a 3D earth viewer by NASA... lets you zoom down pretty far in some areas. Nifty. 15m per pixel resolution landsat. Haven't looked at Area 51 yet...

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Cool link !

Thanks , gotta search for secret bases for a bit !

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Good find. Thanks for that. I've been screwing around for hours with it. I just wish Landsat servers were available. I"m in Vancouver, Canada would like to get some shots of my house.

SMR

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Thats a BIG download!

Hope it is worth it

How far are some of you able to do down?Is it getting pretty close?

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'm downloading it now. Hopefully I'll be dsown soon.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
thats neat! thanks for the find!

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Would love to see them turn that thing around and get a 3D new visual of the moon surface. I'd like to see what they aren't showing us.

SMR

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Is it me,or does this thing not really get in too close?
I can get in close but not really that close.
I wanna see grass blades!!

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Anyone notice how Area51 imagery is not available. I did check out the CIA, Dugway proving grounds and some other spots. It is 1m resolution so meaning that anything less than 1m is not visible.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
doesn't seem to work

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I think that this is a more revelant link. Be warned. This is a 253 MB download. If you're up for it (proper bandwith), then download away. Sounds cool

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
If I zoom in to much my computer will free. Then my monitor will blink and show just gray. Anyone know how I can get this working?

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I downloaded this file a few days ago and it wiped out everything on my desktop. I had to use system restore to undo the mess, then I found out that all my "restored" folders were empty. Obviously I did something wrong. The program looked very interesting before I nuked it.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
Anyone notice how Area51 imagery is not available. I did check out the CIA, Dugway proving grounds and some other spots. It is 1m resolution so meaning that anything less than 1m is not visible.

It was available on the Keyhole viewer, though not in hi-res. You can DL a trial version and look if you're really interested (but it's just a bunch of buildings).

top topics

join