It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY cops break into Marine vet's home and Taser him to death

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
NYC has been in police state status for quite some time now.

The NYPD is completely out of control...

Originally posted by SilentKillah
If my local police don't harass me, then I wouldn't expect those NYPD bastards to harass him... regardless of the call.

Being that this took place in White Plains what does New York City have to do with the incident?

edit on 5-4-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

White plains cops are jerk majority too from what I have seen of them.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

actually... if you would watch the show you would know that the taser missed.
edit on 5-4-2012 by BobNoxious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I think the REAL problem isn't a few terrible incidents.

The REAL problem -- which will lead to something worse -- is the "acceptance" of such police abuse and the lack of discipline on those who cross the line.

There's more danger blowing the whistle, or revealing corruption, than there is in pepper-spraying a harmless protestor or blowing away someone's family while raiding the wrong house.

In any profession -- things can go wrong. But the MESSAGE gets sent by what happens when people screw up. And it looks like the authorities in most every state and Washington are sending the message that it's OK to kill a few people, to scam people out of their life savings with your financial services, or to deprive people of their civil rights because they COULD be a threat, in some fevered imaginations you have in your head.

The recent shooting of Trayvon by Zimmerman isn't upsetting because it MIGHT be racism -- what should be of concern is that the Police no longer treating a shooting without probable cause as a criminal investigation - they don't even bother collecting evidence. Does this leeway occur when a Black person is shooting -- or maybe the "undesirable person of the week"? Probably not. The "benefit of the doubt" is completely in the hands of law enforcement and it reinforces an increasingly a two-tiered justice system.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
White plains cops are jerk majority too from what I have seen of them.

Be that as it may it still has nothing to do with New York City.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Police are getting out of control ... but you would expect that to happen when a country is descending into tyranny wouldn't you?

Call them if you dare ...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by Brandon88

If you activate the 911 system in the US, you HAVE to allow the police to enter and look around your place, by law, if they request it. They are normally looking for a person who is being held in distress while someone else sends to the cops on their way.

The main reason for this is because abusive men have been known to beat women, then when the women activates a call to 911, the man will meet the police at the door and tell them to leave because the call was an accident.

edit on 4/5/2012 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

Links or it isn't true. Mod should know better. Where is this law? Is it federal? What if my state doesn't have the same law? I have never heard such a thing. It would be good to know though, if you have a link to the law.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Then they probably made up a whole story about distressed voices (even though he was alone) and how he was a "disturbed" mad man with a knife to justify their clearly wrong actions.

Yup, probably grabbed the butcher knife from his kitchen after they killed him in cold blood and put it in his hand. Doubt the old jarhead had much else laying around which they could frame him with.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Exigent circumstances.

'Upon arriving at the scene, the other officers and I could clearly hear calls of distress from within the apartment.'

BS.

At the same time, people have called 911 and attempted to alert authorities only to have the assailant tell police 'Everything is fine.' That's why the cops call you back and show up if you accidentally dial 911 and hang up or say it's a mistake.

There are a few things to be learned from this incident, but I'm only going to highlight one. Cooperate with the police, especially over something as simple as them wishing to check on your safety. Yeah these cops sound like dirtbags, but think about a decent cop (shutup it happens) showing up and worrying the man inside was telling them to leave because he had a gun to his head. You can't just leave that alone.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

I usually don't bash the police because they have a tough job to do,but in this case if everything in that article is the truth then I hope everything is done to prosecute and punish them.Absolutely disgusting the way they behaved.

Understand their job may be tough, but there are other jobs. The problem is most of the cops today are punks on a power trip and are looking for an excuse to tune someone up. People like this have always existed but I don't remember having to be afraid of cops when I was growing up. As in afraid for your life or afraid of being beat to hell and framed. Obviously we were afraid of getting tossed in the pokey if caught doing something stupid, like drinking underage or speeding or whatever. Even then, it wasn't really a "fear" so much as it was a desire not to have to go through the trouble of getting booked and lectured and so forth. Now most people are actually afraid of cops because you just don't know what they are going to do.

I saw a cop just his morning pulling someone over. He was leaning over the car acting like a prick with his hand on his gun. This is a nice neighborhood and it was about 0730 on a main road with a good amount of traffic and nothing was near-by. I suppose he could be apprehending the next Baby Face Nelson, but most likely it was simply that the middle-aged woman in the car was speeding a little. He should just give her a ticket and STFU. Jeez.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

When you call 911, even through a personal alarm, then tell the police that it was “accidental”, they are required to ensure that there is no one being detained or has been harmed on the premises. For all they know someone’s wife could have tripped it while being murdered, and the person does not want the police to come in and find the body.

it's a health alert device for his heart, my grandma had one before she died. it shouldn't bring cops around at all, just an ambulance.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bakatono

I have worked around cops too long to have respect for them.

"Joe, do you smell something like marijuana?"
Yes, Bob, I do
"We should search John Q's car, dontcha think?"
Well, Bob, thats probable cause in my book. Let's do if.

Heard it. Seen it. Testified to it in court. Honest Truth.

Don't trust 'em. They are their own gang. Colors and all. Security Officers? Wannabes that can't pass a police entrance exam.

I like the STFU attitude. I second the motion.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

They have been murdering veterans for some time now flexing their muscle telling them who is boss, to them the soldiers are just cannon fodder but the police are the elite's guard dogs, attack dogs, lap dogs.
the e is no NYPD = the new Mafia. There is no PD in NY, but a police farce. As well as abroad.

Meanwhile a nation is outraged over the death of a thug in florida
edit on 5-4-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackManIsGod7
New York must be one of the top record holders for murdering unarmed black men

Yep and hi jackers with box cutters, able to do feats beyond your imagination!
New York citizens must be so outraged! TPTB and their peeons are everywhere..
Cops are getting more Zombified with each reporting..or is just me?/ unsmiley face/

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Life Alert is for Medical Assistance. When Life Alert pendants are activated, Life Alert is supposed to contact the client first and ask if they need assistance. If the client does not respond, then they are to contact MEDICAL emergency services and a contact person for the client such as a family member or friend that client has chosen.

Why the police showed up and forced their way into the home, is a mystery to me. If the responding emergency services are unable to get the person to come to the door, they do not have the immediate right to break into the home. If the client or a family member advised the responders that the client is okay and that it was an accidental activation, then that is where the response is supposed to end.

According to the man's son, the police would not acknowledge a family member standing there telling them that the client was okay. You can hear that from the son here: www.opposingviews.com...

This really disturbs me. Life Alert is a very important aide to elderly and disabled people. This might cause some people to not use something that could potentially save their lives.

How sad that a lifesaving tool ended this poor man's life.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I know there are good cops, but, as a black man, I'm gonna have to say "# the police" right now. I mean, we are HUNTED right now, more than ever before. Now, it's not just cops. every neighborhood watch wannabe gunslinger will take the lack of arrest in the trayvon martin case as an excuse to go all dirty harry, because they'll get away with it. I think I'll renew my CCW permit now..such a shame this man was murdered.

And you can expect those cops to walk.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

You are 100% wrong. If you are not familiar with a device, then you should read up on it before making comments!

A Life Alert device is not a burglar alarm. It is a MEDICAL device, covered by medical insurance. I work with seniors, and most have a similar device. Accidental activations are very common and no one gets in trouble for doing it. They are supposed to send out MEDICAL assistance not the SWAT team. And all it takes to stop the response is to say: "I accidentally pushed my button." They do not require that someone barge into your home to make sure you are telling the truth. You tell whoever shows up :"Accident", you tell the Life Alert operator "accident" and they document it and send a notice to whatever agency you have the Life Alert through.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
police TERROR state!

ny's finest

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I tell you what, if I was working with these fine gentlemen, I too, would be kicking some serious butt.I would totally make sure my presence was felt there.

I would be kicking the living hell out of every single one of my fellow police officers and making sure they are unable to harm this poor man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join