It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY cops break into Marine vet's home and Taser him to death

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
rt.com...

Kenneth Chamberlain Sr., a former US Marine, was killed on November 19, 2011 after police officers broke down the door of his White Plains, New York apartment. Chamberlain, who suffered from a heart condition, had accidently triggered a medical alert system on his person and then failed to respond to calls for help. Police were dispatched to his apartment, where Chamberlain greeted them by insisting he was okay and ensured them that no one was in any harm. The cops refused to take the vet’s word, however, and shot him with a both a Taser stun-gun and non-lethal projectiles, but only after breaking into his home and entering on their own accord.

The Daily Mail adds that another officer is heard on the recording demanding that Chamberlain let him in on account that he needed to use his bathroom. Others allegedly mocked the veteran’s military career before removing the door to his house and entering without his permission.

This is one of the most disturbing things I have ever read. If this is how the police treat our veterans I wonder how their going to treat us citizens when the time comes. These officers basically tazed him for fun and killed him in the process and it seems like they didn't even get a slap on the wrist, disgusting. These men should be charged with murder bottom line. I feel like I read these articles every other day it's starting to get bad.

This is how I'm starting to feel what ever happened to America.

[image removed]

edit on 4-4-2012 by Brandon88 because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Apr 5 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed image at OP request

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Now why can't this make it to the MSM instead of that other thing.

Poor guy, really is sick what happened to him

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This part was particularly interesting...

During an hour-long standoff in which authorities surrounded Chamberlain’s house, the veteran told them that he was okay and that they had no reason to enter his house. A new recording just released now reveals though that one of the officers on the scene told Chamberlain, “I don't give a f***, n***** — open the door.”

An hour long stand off? Just to check on a medical alert call?
Racist slurs on recorded audio? Are the cops that stupid to say that, or is this one of those fabricated stories to incite race wars?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
New York must be one of the top record holders for murdering unarmed black men

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I wonder if there are witnesses that saw this occuring, the audio should be released it would be interesting to hear what these officers were saying. An hours a long time to be standing outside somebodys's home talking to them.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Hmmm... Here is a local source in that town..and the facts are fundamentally the same but one of the pictures is bogus. The OP might consider changing that. He doesn't look 68 to me. The cops say they busted down the door, believing he wasn't alone and someone else was in danger. The good news though....

More than four months after a 68-year-old Marine Corps veteran was fatally shot inside his White Plains apartment by police, the case may finally be presented to a grand jury.

Ch. 4 NBC - New York

With any luck this one will be indicted and the truth can come out in the form of the tape the story says exists from the medical company...and recorded the whole thing from the man's side of it.

That should be interesting in a court. It sure won't leave any doubt as to how this all went down and some cops may be toast at the end of it.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
This is from Russia Today (rt.com), no different than Before It's News, or Sorcha Fail.

Are their any credible links?
Just noticed the above post.
www.nbcnewyork.com...
And a quote from the above,"But his son said, “They Tasered him -- why, I don't know -- shot him with a bean bag gun four times and then fired two fatal shots." Police accounts say the man had a knife."
( If people yelling obscenities at me broke into my home, I'd have a knife too )
"Audio and video recordings of the encounter may present a vivid accounting of what transpired.
The medical alert company’s voice box in the room captured the conversation, which has not been released to the public.There is also abbreviated video of Chamberlain taken by the camera on the taser gun.
Mayor Bartlett, the attorney representing the Chamberlain family, alleged the police officers used racial slurs and taunted the elderly man. "When you do that, you create a situation that is unnecessary, that ultimately led to his death," said Bartlett. The White Plains Police Department has not identified the officer or officers involved in the shooting. The homicide case is expected to go to a grand jury this month, though the Westchester County District Attorney’s office has not decided what charge it will ask the jurors to consider.

A more recent photo of this American Hero who bravely defended his country

Sadly, I don't see Obama saying, " This man could have been my dad"
edit on 5-4-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
But of course, this won't make CNN...for hours on end.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Yet they believed jeffry dahmer's word with out hesitation,
and why was that ?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Incredibly disturbing, If true, but also very weird that this happened four months ago and just now making its way to the MSM. NY media are usually all over this stuff.

Here's a link to the local coverage. I haven't gone through it all yet.

www.thedailywhiteplains.com...

ETA: This is from one of the earliest reports --

A hatchet appeared in the crack between the door and hallway, according to Chong. An officer was able to pull the weapon out of the man’s hands. Once inside the apartment, officers say they continued to attempt to negotiate with Kenneth Chamberlain, 68, who had a butcher’s knife in his hand. He was alone in the apartment at the time of the incident.

edit on 5-4-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
This is from Russia Today (rt.com), no different than Before It's News, or Sorcha Fail.

www.nbcnewyork.com...
edit on 4-4-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

I do feel sorry for you

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

www.nbcnewyork.com...
edit on 4-4-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

Is any news source really credible unless you see it for yourself? I doubt credibility matters when you can go find the mans grave.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I couldn't find any other pictures of him, having a current one would probably even make it worse. He's pushing 70 I'm sure his bodys beginning to break down and hes lost most of his muscle tone he couldn't have been that big of a threat.

Which might not even matter if the tapes prove the officers were the aggressors.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Brandon88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

LOL, look at the title of this article:
Police Fatally Shoot Disturbed Man Carrying Knife

So at first he was a "disturbed man carrying a knife". And they've got the picture of the cop looking all heroic.

Public Safety Commissioner David Chong said the department received a call about a person in distress from Lifeline, an emergency medical alert system, at 5:08 a.m. Saturday. Officers heard screams and incoherent voices behind the 135 S. Lexington Ave. first floor apartment and attempted to negotiate with the occupant. The man refused to open the metal apartment door, said Chong, forcing police to work on prying it open.

“In fear of people being trapped inside the apartment or somebody inside the apartment harming themselves, the officers immediately called for backup and attempted to breach the apartment door,” said Chong.

Oh really, screams and incoherent voices from behind the door huh?

He was alone in the apartment at the time of the incident.

Yes, I'm sure it must have been the "disturbed man" screaming in a schizophrenic panic.

Best respond to the medical situation by killing the man...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

All I'm trying to say is "don't rush to judgment" - If it's true it's beyond disturbing. But, let's set aside the hyperbole and try to determine the facts.

Were you there?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
One of these days these cops will encounter these soldiers in killing taliban mode and the entire unit is gonna be wiped out.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Brandon88

If you activate the 911 system in the US, you HAVE to allow the police to enter and look around your place, by law, if they request it. They are normally looking for a person who is being held in distress while someone else sends to the cops on their way.

The main reason for this is because abusive men have been known to beat women, then when the women activates a call to 911, the man will meet the police at the door and tell them to leave because the call was an accident.

edit on 4/5/2012 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
nvm

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Ummm, the guy was living alone and the alert was issued by a device "on his person". He confirmed it was a false alert, yet the officers continued to harass and insult him, according the recorded evidence. They then proceeded to break into his apartment and kill him. Then they probably made up a whole story about distressed voices (even though he was alone) and how he was a "disturbed" mad man with a knife to justify their clearly wrong actions. Then the initial news stories which come out portray the officers as if they were heroes who had stopped a crazy person. They probably weren't ever aware that they were being recorded by a device in the room, now their entire fabrication is coming crumbling down.

That's how it looks to me anyway.

EDIT: That article about the "disturbed man" was the first to appear on thedailywhiteplains, but look at their latest article concerning the new recorded evidence. Their tone has done a full 180 degree turn. Now instead of having a picture of the "heroic police" they have a picture of the marine used by the OP, and a sad sob story by the marines son. And then they have this:

attorneys said video footage shows Chamberlain Sr. was unarmed and at least eight feet away from police when they entered.

Although the recording hasn't been released publicly yet, if this is true, it just proves these cops fabricated the entire "disturbed man" story to get away with murder.
edit on 5-4-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
the guy was living alone and the alert was issued by a device "on his person".

Doesn’t matter.
When you call 911, even through a personal alarm, then tell the police that it was “accidental”, they are required to ensure that there is no one being detained or has been harmed on the premises. For all they know someone’s wife could have tripped it while being murdered, and the person does not want the police to come in and find the body.
Ask any law enforcement officer, when there is an accidental call to 911 they have to check the property, and they normally want to have a private discussion with all females present on that property. If they don’t do that, and someone ends up being murdered, they are legally liable for not “clearing” the scene.

They can also charge you with a false 911 call, which is often a felony.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join