It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MONSANTO Bill S510/HR2751 BANS Homegrown FOOD Makes Private, Backyard Fruit, Veggie Gardens ILLEGAL!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

all this and monsanto is threatening to sue VA if they pass legislation to require food to be labled GMO or not. this is just getting ridiculous. why why why on earth is is becoming illegal to eat what you want. if i want to eat crayons, i should be able to dang it!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

LOL 'city code' - how many of these cases (and bigger) are on the RISE and go under-reported - and who is really behind these new fines, citations, and indeed GOING TO JAIL FOR GROWING YOUR OWN - given that the city code wasnt recently changed at all -- but what was?

"There's no telling what they're going to harass the next person about" - defendant gardener

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
It really frustrates me when a small few people that work with me in the health food store turn a blind eye to Obama and him appointing the VP of Monsanto to head adisor of the FDA. meanwhile we are losing our rights to grow our own food, milk our own goat,,,veggies are about to become illegal like marijuana. Tobacco is also illegal to grow withput a permit.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

LOL 'city code' - how many of these cases (and bigger) are on the RISE and go under-reported - and who is really behind these new fines, citations, and indeed GOING TO JAIL FOR GROWING YOUR OWN - given that the city code wasnt recently changed at all -- but what was?

"There's no telling what they're going to harass the next person about" - defendant gardener

I understand that your link is showing a foolishness akin to snobbery, but is it related to the OP?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Once again, an example of using fear mongering to push an agenda. Remember the indefinite detention act anyone? That really worked out huh? People are getting arrested for no reason in my town every day, Obama personally put a few in himself.

Sorry, but you aren't going to get arrested for bringing your onions to your friends house. Is there going to be the ATFVF? Alcohol Tobacco Firearms Veggies and Fruits? There will be a whole new David Koresh situation, where he is stock piling strawberries and kale in a conspiracy to distribute unlawful nutrition?

I don't mean to be a jerk, but I can't deal with this silliness.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

I understand that your link is showing a foolishness akin to snobbery, but is it related to the OP?

"and who is really behind these new fines, citations, and indeed GOING TO JAIL FOR GROWING YOUR OWN - given that the city code wasnt recently changed at all -- but what was?"

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Derp...
Have you talked to any local farmers lately and asked about the hoops they have to jump through?
Derp...
Why are laws even being discussed let alone written let alone passed concerning growing/selling your own food?
Derp...
In your effort to be the high man looking down on all the CTers, you forgot that there might actually be times we should be afraid and frankly, outraged.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

"and who is really behind these new fines, citations, and indeed GOING TO JAIL FOR GROWING YOUR OWN - given that the city code wasnt recently changed at all -- but what was?"

I agree that it is stupid as per your link, but there is a need to make a direct connection to the OP if possible.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
in the ORTOP I *asked* if their is a connection

so to be told 'there is need to make a direct connection' begs the question I asked

in followup to OP - line 3 to be exact.

in other news... moving on, did yall suspect Monsanto may been using above 'Safety' bill and other statutes to paradoxically increasingly CONFISCATE private farmland, seeds, crops, & equipment from American citizens and add those into giant Monsanto's portfolio of assets?

and that Monsanto has its former attorneys sitting in Supreme Court as judges (ie Clarence Thomas)?
lookie here... a judge sides with Monsanto and goes on to RIDICULE SMALL FARMER's RIght to Grow.
these are signs of Monsanto's total takeover of all US Agriculture. Monsanto's 'totally taken over the government". Michael Taylor is another former Monsanto lawyer now working as judiciary with USDA.

meanwhile South American People's Court -which is free of corrupt Monsanto-governed FDA, USDA, and of course free of former Monsanto attorneys sitting in the Supreme Court (ie, Clarence Thomas)- has found them guilty on all counts and have pronounced the verdict, setting the precedent for this lawsuit, see proposed class action in USA, though resistance may be futile as long as former Monsanto attorneys are sitting in Supreme Court =/

Monsanto has to compensate all famers whose lands have been confiscated through illegal means, such as declaring theft of intellectual property held by Monsanto Cs, due to cross-pollination of non-GMO crops by means outside the control of the farmers that grew them. Their lands shall be returned to them and Monsanto Cs shall compensate those farmers to the amount of $50.000 per year, or part thereof, for the duration of the period they lost their lands.

really, the irony of it all is the "Safety" bill should have shut Monsanto down for among other things, experimenting on the American population through genetically altered products meant for human consumption but found to produce such damage to the nutrition and health as allergic reactions and organ damage and who knows what else:

Monsanto has violated the Neuremberg Code with experiments on the population without first obtaining informed consent of that population. Monsanto is therefore guilty of crimes against humanity. Monsanto must be held accountable...

in one word, OUTRAGEOUS how they can use a law that should shut them down for use, paradoxically in their favor because of their infiltration of US government legislation & jurisdiction, itself.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
You're a bit out of date.
SB 510 passed the Senate in 2010.
The related HR 2751 became law on January 4, 2011.

Have you been having any trouble at your local Farmers' Market in the past year? I haven't.
edit on 4/4/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

not a great anaology, the market probably has a permit

but to your point, I haven't seen police enforce the hands free driving laws, so I don't expect them to start raiding gardens either

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Holy crap, I just gave destinyone her 10,000th star!! Good job destinyone!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
So what's this mean?

What are they gonna do, cut down my apple tree that has been in my backyard since my great-grandmother was a little girl and planted it?

Are they going to come pull me out of my garden patch and tell me I'm a threat to national security for growing my own foods? Send me to Guantanamo?

Or are they going to put a gun to my head and force me to buy tomatoes from Wal-Mart?

I mean, seriously, what are the punishments for this?

Well, I won't go anywhere without a fight, and if they kill me so be it. I have more fear of living in a world where I can't grow my own vegetables, and give some to the older people across the street for food safety reasons than fear of death.

The United States' foundation was built on personal agriculture like this! I feel more American planting my own seeds and nurturing them, and thanking the soil for blessing me with food than walking into a store where the veggies have been sitting out, collecting bacteria from all of the mouth-breathers that gather around while their children grope the food.

Maybe it is more American to buy from the retail store though, if that's so, then I guess I just need to be deported somewhere.

At this point.... I really wouldn't mind at all. Send me somewhere I can be a natural human instead of a product of corporate brainwashing. Sure, I like my computer, TV, microwaves, and such, but I can do without, and I'd rather do without.

But I wouldn't be "normal" if I got rid of all of this stuff right? How would I be social? No one likes to visit others anymore, no one even wants to just give you a call.

It's "Let's talk on skype!" or "I'll text you!" "Facebook me!"

And I am the crazy one for wanting to be social, to get along with my neighbors, to grow good foods where I can see where they are coming from?

Eh, Welcome to the U*SS*A.
edit on 6-4-2012 by GreenEyedVixen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by survival
Get a grip.

It'll never fly.

We all human piglets on the earthen trough - north america would go beserk if they couldnt stuff their faces.

Canadians would go insane.

Keep that crap bill in your neck of the woods. Wouldn't be something I see happening in Canada. Have fun telling me I can't grow my own veggies. How much control does your government look to take away from you. Absolutely amazing!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Screw Monsanto. I'll do what I want with what I plant and grow......

I don't think the plant police are going to be in my neck of the woods anytime soon.

Des

Same here but I'm learning to garden indoors.. just in case.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Lol, we'll see how illegal it is when they put an end to the gardening in my backyard. I'm not buying this nonsense until it actually does come true.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toolatetotalk
Of course no one will see this on the MSM because the news is full of Political madness right now. So the question is what can we do about this.

No worries...I am a cop and I would resign before I enforced something like this...It would be the same if they changed gun laws to where we couldn't bare arms...there are certain things I believe in and I know me and others like me would resign...or just enforce something else. A lot of weird stupid laws are proposed all the time, my guess is it wont pass.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I have looked at both H.R.2751 and S.510 from stem to stern and see nothing that would ban or otherwise make illegal growing one's own veggies. It's entirely possible I missed the section(s) that would outline this, and if anyone could cite them, I would be grateful for the enlightenment. IMO saying that "S510/HR2751 BANS Homegrown FOOD Makes Private, Backyard Fruit, Veggie Gardens ILLEGAL!" is misguided.

What ISN'T nonsense is the local zoning laws/ordinances (as seen in the videos others have posted in this thread) that make growing veggies illegal/impermissible. As an avid backyard gardener it makes me physically ill to see such asinine restrictions.

That said, I see these issues as totally unrelated. Again, if I'm wrong about the bill someone please direct me to the relevant sections.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I don't believe it for a second. No law can be passed restricting people growing their own food. No one would tolerate such a stupid law and anyone that tried enforcing it would face the wrath of the American people. I will not obey any law that's unconstitutional. I will not obey anything not lawful. We have a right to guns for a reason. One is to protect our self against a tyrannical government. Please only report facts and not a bunch of fear mongering.
edit on 6-4-2012 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Lol, we'll see how illegal it is when they put an end to the gardening in my backyard. I'm not buying this nonsense until it actually does come true.

That's the kind of response people were giving when the healthcare mandate was being discussed - then it passed

Maybe the supreme court will strike that one down ... maybe.

-----------

In feudal society the serfs that worked the land were not allowed to cultivate their own food. Since the feudal model is what we are returning to I'd say it was just a matter of time. You know its all done through incrementalism.

Once a freedom slips away it doesn't come back. Powers gained by the government don't just recede by themselves one day. When its gone ... its gone.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks Phage. I was scanning the thread to find a link to the Bill and its provisions - none in the OP, none til your reference and link came up. The summary specifically states that the Bill:

Exempts certain establishments that sell food directly to consumers, such as roadside stands, farmers markets or participants in a community supported agriculture program, from specified requirements of this Act.

Seems to me the Act will only hurt Monsanto and the rest of the food industry, NOT the little guys. So I'm wondering - who is orchestrating all the fuss and trying to build grassroots support to stop the "Food Safety Modernization Act"? And why?

Because it's obviously NOT intended to hurt, stop or otherwise interfere with homegrown food, " roadside stands, farmers markets or participants in a community supported agriculture program."

....Am I missing something? Or is this fuss really all about tricking people into protecting Monsanto and the corporate food industry?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join