It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the point of Christianity?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by EfficientP
reply to post by IgnorantSpecies

No, it is not true that he washes you clean and that's it. If you continue to sin then you have stains on your record anew and all those stains of sins would not allow you entrance into Heaven. You have to stop sinning and prove yourself a child of God by following his ways and not partaking in what he considers evil. Many people are being misled by those religious tracts that are passed out that don't further expound that you have to live holy and not partake in sin no more to be worthy to enter Heaven. But there is more that is considered sin in the eyes of God than what people think.

"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:" 1 John 2:1

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

4, we're talking about 4? Yeah, there are many way to achieve 4. 1+3=4, 7-3=4, 10-6=4, 100-96=4, there seem to be a lot of ways to achieve 4. Perhaps the way to heaven is equally mathematical.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by windword

You haven't been rejected.

God is patiently waiting for you to come back to Him.....

Why do you think you aren't dead yet?

"I'm not here to give a nugget to the church, but to throw a net to the backslidden, come back to the Father brother, He has a fatted calf and His best robe waiting on you friend."

Damon Thompson

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by EfficientP
reply to post by IgnorantSpecies

No, it is not true that he washes you clean and that's it. If you continue to sin then you have stains on your record anew and all those stains of sins would not allow you entrance into Heaven. You have to stop sinning and prove yourself a child of God by following his ways and not partaking in what he considers evil. Many people are being misled by those religious tracts that are passed out that don't further expound that you have to live holy and not partake in sin no more to be worthy to enter Heaven. But there is more that is considered sin in the eyes of God than what people think.

"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:" 1 John 2:1

So, Jesus is an advocate, not god. He's an ambassador, a diplomat for the people, a defense attorney, even a high priest, but not god.
edit on 5-4-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I attended the famous "Jesus Camps" and was thoroughly indoctrinated. I spoke in tongues and interpretation were given.

I, like Carlton Pearson, had a revelation and saw through the manipulation and lies.

God be praised!! You poor thing....
you are proof of the resilience that humanity has within.....
those 'Jesus camps' are an atrocity that rivals the holocaust. You spoke 'in tongues', like...gibberish? Because, that's what the whoevers think it means......gibberish.....when the scripture passages are talking 'speaking in tongues' as being able to speak and those of other languages can understand you.......

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Lionhearte

4, we're talking about 4? Yeah, there are many way to achieve 4. 1+3=4, 7-3=4, 10-6=4, 100-96=4, there seem to be a lot of ways to achieve 4. Perhaps the way to heaven is equally mathematical.

NO!

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

There are no such things as indefinite articles in the Greek "a" or "an". Christ is THE way, THE truth, and THE life...

SINGULAR AND SPECIFIC. "Ho" in the Greek. he is the ONLY way to the Father, there is not other path other than Him.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

What did your revelation consist of and how do you know it came from a higher source?

Nice.
But you have been asked and 'declined' to disclose what your own 'revelation' consisted of, and 'how you know' it came from a higher source.
Repeatedly.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Jesus isn't the way, he isn't food or wine or grape juice. Jesus taught the way. It was his life and teachings that lead us on our path to enlightenment. His life wasn't about a death cult of human sacrifice and cannibalism.

Too bad his teaching are mostly absent from the bible, leaving the silence of the telepathic Holy Spirit to "help" us along the way.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Because, that's what the whoevers think it means......gibberish.....when the scripture passages are talking 'speaking in tongues' as being able to speak and those of other languages can understand you.......

Wilde, I came from a denomination that taught the gifts of the Spirit were not for today, that they had ceased. And I can assure you genuine tongues are NOT a joke. What made me have faith is you know how when you hear a Chinese person speaking you have no clue what they are saying, but you know it's Chinese, you hear Latinos talking and you know it's Spanish, you hear French-Canadians speaking and you know it's French, you hear Russians speaking and you know it's Russian.

When you hear angelic tongues being spoken you KNOW it's a language. I've heard a Kenyan man in my church do this, an English speaking person do this, our associate pastor is Hispanic and they all are speaking the same heavenly tongue. When it's genuine it's unmistakeable. I was FORCED to repent when confronted with this. And windword can tell you since he cam e from this background that he can tell you there is a fake goobly-gook version that is contrived and not genuine. But he will tell you the genuine one is a language and it sounds the same no matter where that person is from in the world.

I was forced by experience to give up my false doctrine in regards to tongues. It took a few years, but I cannot deny it today anymore than I can deny my own nose.

edit on 5-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

I attended the famous "Jesus Camps" and was thoroughly indoctrinated. I spoke in tongues and interpretation were given.

I, like Carlton Pearson, had a revelation and saw through the manipulation and lies.

those 'Jesus camps' are an atrocity that rivals the holocaust. You spoke 'in tongues', like...gibberish? Because, that's what the whoevers think it means......gibberish.....when the scripture passages are talking 'speaking in tongues' as being able to speak and those of other languages can understand you.......

Yeah, I was encouraged to just relax and let the gibberish flow. I had a secret pact with god, if I could truly "speak in tongues" couldn't he transfer it to my hand so that I could play piano in tongues? That never happened!
edit on 5-4-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

fake goobly-gook version that is contrived and not genuine. But he will tell you the genuine one is a language and it sounds the same no matter where that person is from in the world.

I was forced by experience to give up my false doctrine in regards to tongues. It took a few years, but I cannot deny it today anymore than I can deny my own nose.

That is my point exactly, friend.......
gobbledygook gibberish is not "speaking in tongues".....exactly....."it sounds the same no matter where that person is from in the world".

Hey, enjoy your weekend, brother in faith....remember the message. You are worthy....

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Jesus isn't the way, he isn't food or wine or grape juice. Jesus taught the way. It was his life and teachings that lead us on our path to enlightenment. His life wasn't about a death cult of human sacrifice and cannibalism.

Too bad his teaching are mostly absent from the bible, leaving the silence of the telepathic Holy Spirit to "help" us along the way.

I'm not Catholic, I know He isn't a magic cookie. That nonsense came from Babylon. We do communion to remember Him and what He did on that cross on our behalf. It's just bread and wine, nothing more.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

fake goobly-gook version that is contrived and not genuine. But he will tell you the genuine one is a language and it sounds the same no matter where that person is from in the world.

That is my point exactly, friend.......
gobbledygook gibberish is not "speaking in tongues".....exactly....."it sounds the same no matter where that person is from in the world".

Hey, enjoy your weekend, brother in faith....remember the message. You are worthy....

No dear, you misread my post. Anything genuine from the Lord will have a satanic counterfeit. I'm not talking about the goobly-gook version, that is obviously false.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Yeah, I was encouraged to just relax and let the gibberish flow. I had a secret pact with god, if I could truly "speak in tongues" couldn't he transfer it to my hand so that I could play piano in tongues? That never happened!

Sir, I mean no offense. You didn't have faith in it if you were asking God to prove it real to you. It first takes faith for the Spirit of God to move. You know this.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Like this?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join