It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the point of Christianity?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

So has Jesus Christ.

Don't you get it?

The Father, The Son, The Holy Ghost - all three are one, all three are the same. All three exist in the beginning, all three exist in the end. The Father, The Son, The Holy Ghost - God - The alpha and omega - The first and the last

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Iason321

Nothing that you have posted proves or convinces me that Jesus is the Holy Spirit. IMHO, the Holy Spirit has always abided with mankind.

EDIT: Further, to be one with the father only implies a family relation. I and my family are one family.

Do you even understand the Trinity? The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are God in 3 persons. The Holy Spirit is Christ's Spirit, Christ is the Father made flesh, the Father is a SPIRIT. And we call God "HIM", not "THEM"

But I'm sure I just spoke ancient Chinese to you just now, so don't fret.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

No I'm not, the Holy Spirit IS His Spirit. So it means something deeper. And what I said was true, the verse says "blasphemy" (mark 3:29):

Says you!
2nd obligatory

No, I didn't invent Greek. I'm only 35 years old.

Google Greek tenses, it will help.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

So has Jesus Christ.

Don't you get it?

The Father, The Son, The Holy Ghost - all three are one, all three are the same. All three exist in the beginning, all three exist in the end. The Father, The Son, The Holy Ghost - God - The alpha and omega - The first and the last

Why would Jesus distinguish between speaking against himself as apposed to the Holy Spirit, that has always abided with every human, and against himself, if they are one in the same?

That's like saying "It's ok to speak against me but it's not ok to speak against me.

Speaking against the Holy Spirit is the same as speaking against ones internal spark of life.
edit on 5-4-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Dude, Carlton is a heretic. His Christology, Theology, and Soeteriology is not consistent with Biblical Christianity. Those are the principles of the Christian faith that are non-negotiable. The methods can and should vary to be cutting edge and applicable to the culture and time, but the fundamental principles should never change whatsoever.

He's not a Christian, he rejected the faith. He's just a blind guide leading the blind.

I'm not a Christian. I will proudly tout that fact. But Carlton Pearson IS a Christian and relies on the death and resurrection of Jesus for his faith. You are not in a position to judge his relationship with god, but only his method of dissemination.

Wait, you admit you're not a Christian, yet you're defining what one is?

Am I hearing you correctly?

And Carlton doesn't affirm that, he affirms New Age Christology in THAT DEBATE:

"I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I AM, ye shall die in your sins."

edit on 5-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I've explained to you before, I was raised and practiced Christianity for 35 years. I came to discard the religion after seeing through the lies it demands one to believe.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I've explained to you before, I was raised and practiced Christianity for 35 years. I came to discard the religion after seeing through the lies it demands one to believe.

You went to a Christian church for 35 years.

You never placed your faith and trust in Christ alone as your Savior. You were never filled with the Holy Spirit. Christ isn't merely the author of your faith, He is also the PERFECTOR.

And you most likely saw through the lies of false doctrine. I left that type of church too, except by the grace of God I landed in one that taught the gospel, glory to God.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

There are no lies being believed, only truth.

You are the one who is deceived and confused....

A Christian for 35 years and you don't even understand basic Theology like the Trinity?

Where and how did you develop your beliefs?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Why would Jesus distinguish between speaking against himself as apposed to the Holy Spirit, that has always abided with every human, and against himself, if they are one in the same?

GREEK VERB TENSES!!!!!!!

When He's talking about speaking against Him it's in the AORIST, when He says speaking against the Holy Spirit it's in the PRESENT IMPERATIVE!

Do you read anything that people say??

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

The trinity ideology is the Catholic church's attempt to incorporate paganism into it's cult. Christianity teaches that there is one god. Jesus is the high priest, not god. The Holy Spirit is the breath of god, that he breathed into Adam, and it abides with all humanity. My breath isn't me.

To be part of family means unity but doesn't deny individualism. We are all a part of the family of god because we are part of the creation. We aren't adopted into that famil, we were born into it and nobody can take that birth right away from us.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I disregard anything Pauline as a forgery of the Catholic Church. Please don't quote Paul to me again, as it is not gospel.

Then you have no chance whatsoever of hearing and trusting the gospel. NONE.

Father, have mercy on this man and open his eyes, In Christ's name, Amen.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Windword,

I strongly suggest you watch this in it's entirety. You need to know two "Bibles" are out there, the Alexandrian family (Catholic/Gnostic) and the Antiochian (Protestant). Guys from Alexandria mutilated and expurgated the gospels to influence them with Greek and Egyptian mysticism.

Westcott and Hort have sent more people to hell than Hitler and Stalin combined.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The trinity ideology is the Catholic church's attempt to incorporate paganism into it's cult. Christianity teaches that there is one god. Jesus is the high priest, not god.

Nothing is further from the truth. Jesus said "no man" had seen the Father at any time correct? Well please tell me which LORD GOD Abraham spoke face to face with in Genesis chapter 18. You're believing doctrines of demons!

The Holy Spirit is the breath of god, that he breathed into Adam, and it abides with all humanity. My breath isn't me.

We're created in the image and likeness of God. We are also 3 part beings, when our body dies our spirit and soul move on to the afterlife.

Are you 3 people or one bro?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

You went to a Christian church for 35 years.

You never placed your faith and trust in Christ alone as your Savior. You were never filled with the Holy Spirit. Christ isn't merely the author of your faith, He is also the PERFECTOR.

And you most likely saw through the lies of false doctrine. I left that type of church too, except by the grace of God I landed in one that taught the gospel, glory to God.

You make a lot of presumptions. You can not declare that I never placed trust in Jesus? As I have told you before, in other threads, I was totally emmersed in my Pentecostal faith. I attended the famous "Jesus Camps" and was thoroughly indoctrinated. I spoke in tongues and interpretation were given.

I, like Carlton Pearson, had a revelation and saw through the manipulation and lies. The sound of the bell of truth will never be unrung for me. I can't put the tooth past back in the tube!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I would say 2 people superimposed if anything... where do you get three?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

So lemme get this straight....

You.....had a revelation from God.....
that made you stop believing in God??

Are you sure this "revelation" came from God, and not a malevolent being?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Why do you find the need to refer to me as a male? I am a woman of years.

The trinity ideology is the Catholic church's attempt to incorporate paganism into it's cult. Christianity teaches that there is one god. Jesus is the high priest, not god.

Nothing is further from the truth. Jesus said "no man" had seen the Father at any time correct? Well please tell me which LORD GOD Abraham spoke face to face with in Genesis chapter 18. You're believing doctrines of demons!

The Holy Spirit is the breath of god, that he breathed into Adam, and it abides with all humanity. My breath isn't me.

We're created in the image and likeness of God. We are also 3 part beings, when our body dies our spirit and soul move on to the afterlife.

Are you 3 people or one bro?

I am a complicated individual. I could name my personality traits, but that would make me schizophrenic. Is god schizophrenic, that he/she/it needs 3 personalities?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

So lemme get this straight....

You.....had a revelation from God.....
that made you stop believing in God??

Are you sure this "revelation" came from God, and not a malevolent being?

I had a revelation that the god of the bible is not god.

Are we ok now?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

What did your revelation consist of and how do you know it came from a higher source?

How do you know whatever gave you the revelation that YHVH wasn't God, was not His adversary?

edit: and we've been okay this entire time. I've never once said I had any problem with you, and I've been having civilized conversation with you on here for a while now....
edit on 4/5/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join