It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the point of Christianity?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Yeah, post a RIDICULOUS obviously fake one. You know what, you want the voice of the Holy Spirit skip to the 14:00 minute mark and you can skip the angelic tongues, you do NOT have an ear to hear what ears have never heard before then hit the fast forward button. If you're focusing on that you have completely missed the point. The Holy Spirit only glorifies Jesus Christ.

You don't have to follow Him, I am. My identity isn't found in stars on the internet on some ridiculous website where we all argue about stuff that tomorrow will NOT matter to anyone. But I'm not leaving the foot of my Jesus, and I'll wait right here at the foot of His cross until He comes back just like He told me to.

We stopped talking about tongues two or three days ago. You don't believe, I figured that out a long time ago, tell me something I don't already know. Either run with me or get out of the way.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

We stopped talking about tongues two or three days ago. You don't believe, I figured that out a long time ago, tell me something I don't already know. Either run with me or get out of the way.

Well, I don't visit this thread as often as you and I was answering a post that you made, to me, TODAY! This isn't your thread. I'm neither running with you or getting out of your way. Seems you're just camped out at the foot of your cross (torture device).

This thread is about the "POINT of Christianity." You may have resolved your feelings about the who and what the Holy Spirit is, but it is far from resolved for many of us. Speaking in tongues, as a sign that one is filled with the Holy Spirit, and therefore saved, is a reoccurring theme in Christianity. You opinion is not the end all of the debate.

Don't forget, you told us that speaking against the Holy Spirit is an unforgivable sin. Speaking in angelic tongues is NOT the Holy Spirit, it's fake and made up. Saying that you're speaking in angelic tongues, when it's just gibberish, in order to fool your congregation, well, that kind of thing should make your blood boil, I would think.

The Holy Spirit is in all of mankind, it is the spark of life and individuality. Some people are more in tuned with the divine than others. But many are just liars pretending to know the divine. I'm not fooled.
edit on 9-4-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

(torture device)

(Love Letter)

"For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God."

1 Corinthians 1:18

Amen! Thank you Jesus that I'm a fool in their eyes, thank you Jesus for this spiritual dunce cap.

Speaking in tongues, as a sign that one is filled with the Holy Spirit, and therefore saved, is a reoccurring theme in Christianity. You opinion is not the end all of the debate.

I didn't say that. There is infilling, which proves salvation, and there is baptism with fire that is a gift of the Holy Spirit, tongues come with that baptism of fire.

No, as a matter of fact you may be confused about this Jesus freak,.. I don't need the rest of the Christians to decide when it's finished. I don't care, they are in the way too. I don't give a rippin flip what the rest of Christians are arguing about.

Don't forget, you told us that speaking against the Holy Spirit is an unforgivable sin. Speaking in angelic tongues is NOT the Holy Spirit, it's fake and made up. Saying that you're speaking in angelic tongues, when it's just gibberish, in order to fool your congregation, well, that kind of thing should make your blood boil, I would think.

You're forgetting. I said where there is a legitimate satan always counterfeits. I never claimed there didn't exist idiots speaking gibberish goobly-gook also. And I'm maturing, it used to make my blood boil, I'm getting to the point now that if I spend too much energy worrying about the monkeys and those cheering them on I'll miss Jesus, my focus is in Him.

edit on 9-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnorantSpecies

the point is... the war can be over on a personal level if you want it to be...

damn I love this country!

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join