It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The one thing that really sucks about the internet!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Our beloved internet is great for so many different reasons that it would be silly to start naming them all. However, I would like to call everyone's attention to a very important problem with our beloved......

She hurts our eyes.

Most websites on the internet have white backgrounds or a good portion of the screen is white at any one time.

Ironically enough, I'm posting this on a website which is dark and doesn't take a toll on the eyes after some heaving reading. GOOD JOB ATS and thank you!!!! It is very courteous of ATS to think of our eyes and use cool colors that do not cause strain.

Back to the point, when the internet first started I don't think the idea was for people to sit there and stare at monitors for long hours at a stretch. Our society has changed and many people work on the internet all day, 8hrs. It would be in our best interest to change the internet. Make everything look a little more like ATS. Cool down the colors of the internet. Tell your nearest web-designer friend to start making websites with darker backgrounds. Call the websites "eye-friendly."

Just think about it for a minute............. An internet where the dominate color is not 'make your eyes hurt' white...

wouldn't it just be better if we changed?

(yes I know white is not a color, my wife is an artist and will not let me "speak such non sense")

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
ive never noticed that problem, it only hurts my eyes when ive copy/pasted something into notepad to read later, so i just turn down the brightness on my screen.
i wonder if someone will say 'aaah, first world problems'.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Whatsreal

The only problem is...

This is how some people like to type. And this too.

But that's possible anywhere! I agree though, I'd love some cooler colors and some darker pages. The brightness is sort of crazy sometimes.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Obviously never used mobile ATS then, it is as white as rice! Lol. I like it that way though so please don't change it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

Ooh! Supplemental! It actually does reduce power consumption on mobile devices!

I'd call that a campaign for the betterment of the internet for the largest (and growing) user demographic. You may have something, there.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CrikeyMagnet

Absolutely... using white screens on phone apps is very foolish. all it does is waste the battery life.

Think about the power we would save if computer screens all over the world didn't have to make white.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa
ive never noticed that problem, it only hurts my eyes when ive copy/pasted something into notepad to read later, so i just turn down the brightness on my screen.
i wonder if someone will say 'aaah, first world problems'.

Ha, only ever got that on /b/ when I noted a blow fly had laid her eggs on my steak.

First world problems? First world problems...

It was YOU!!!

Damn this internet thing...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
Obviously never used mobile ATS then, it is as white as rice! Lol. I like it that way though so please don't change it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I cant - no - I REFUSE to use ats mobile. it's useless. I'd rather fiddle around with big text on small screen or tap zoom out and go somewhere else on the page than deal with that obnoxious concept of a mobile interface.

But you're right, it's white as an albino in a blizzard. which causes my capacitive screen to become unreadable as it's full of smudgy finger prints.

first world problems, yet again!!! lol

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

No more white screens? You Racist!

But I do see your point. ATS is much easier on my old tired eyes. I have no problem reading the posts but when I open a MSWord doc, it goes blurry unless I increase the magnification.

That is quite annoying!
I already have enough people telling me to slow down as I get older, and now my computer is doing it as well?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
My eyes are light sensitive, many welding flashes, and other injuries may be a contributing factor. I keep the brightness turned down on my CRT monitor, (hate those flat screens) and use a dark (Ghost) theme on my PCLinuxOS KDE desktop. Anything brighter and I get headaches. I too have noticed the pain of white background web pages, and I remember when ATS had a choice of white or black. Don't know if it still does or not. Sometimes when I come across text written in colors, I have to copy/paste it on my Text Editor, which has a colbalt background with white text, so I can read it.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

(yes I know white is not a color, my wife is an artist and will not let me "speak such non sense")

Depends..in pigment, white is the absence of color...
In light, white is ALL colors...(shine a white light into a prism)

As to the websites, I personally have always made dark websites with light text for just that reason.

new topics

top topics

join